Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Great attitude after a topsy turvy weekend.

stpauls

good to see you back Johnnie!! congrats on sunday by the way, doesn't feel so bad that we were put out by the champions!!
St. Paul's want to offer any help we can to see you get back on your feet again!!

T O Hare

My team of Down championship
1.Liam Coulter
2.Gavin Barry
3.Conor Garvey
4.Darren Cunningham
5.Geard Mc Carten
6.Shane O'Hare
7.John Turley
8.E Woods
9.A Molloy
10. Noel Sexton
11.Eoin Mc Carten
12. Danny Hughes
13.M Valentine
14.Benny Coulter
15. Ryan Brady
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

TowBar

Now that the top 4 in Div 3 is confirmed is there any way the county board might start the playoff's early????? the top 4 have to play one other top 4 team at least once, but this now seems trivial. Nobody wants league football running to the end of november surely???? 

Maiden1

Quote from: TowBar on September 30, 2008, 05:26:18 PM
Now that the top 4 in Div 3 is confirmed is there any way the county board might start the playoff's early????? the top 4 have to play one other top 4 team at least once, but this now seems trivial. Nobody wants league football running to the end of november surely???? 

The top 4 places are decided but the bottom 4 aren't so the playoffs can't start until after all top 4 have played the teams in the bottom 1/2 of the table.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

TowBar

Is it bottom 3 or 4 in playoffs this year after last year's farce?

milltown row

the lads were sent off v Galls late on, Galls were on top and the bridge lost their rag.

i expect a tougher game next time, though Benny expects to get to another final, after reading irish news today he was talking themselves up.

stpauls

Quote from: TowBar on September 30, 2008, 08:18:28 PM

bottom 4, but with 3 to go down!!

Lecale2

Hurling final on Sunday, Portaferry v Ballygalget. Should be a good game.
There's little between the 2 team. Ballygalget beat them in the league a few weeks ago and in the SHC last year but I would still make Portaferry slight favorites. They had a tough semi final with Ballycran whereas the Galgets had a virtual walk over v South Down. Paul Braniff is back and when he plays well so does Portaferry. No quarter will be given or expected in Ballycran and I expect Portaferry to win by 3pts.

off the laces

Quote from: stpauls on September 30, 2008, 10:22:09 PM
Quote from: TowBar on September 30, 2008, 08:18:28 PM

bottom 4, but with 3 to go down!!
what's the div three table looking like now then?
Keeps 'er' straight

Onion Bag

Any bridge men confirm here that they are going to play an Ulster select tonight in Armaghs Athletic grounds
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

amallon

Thats the first I've heard of it Onion bag.  Whats it for?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Onion Bag

There was a match arranged tonight in the Athletic grounds between Armagh and Ulster to raise money for Newry Hospice, but someone has posted on the Armagh page saying that Armagh cant get a team together with all the men still being club tied, and that mayobridge had stepped in, It will be the 1st match on the new pitch under lights if it does take place,

BRIDGE LAD

Bridge are training in kilbroney tonight, i'd say they'd prefer to play in Armagh! :)

Onion Bag

Must be someone talking shite again, you know what this board is like