Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Bridge 0-11 to 0-07 up with about 13 minutes left.

Mickey Walsh has made a real difference since he came on. Benny starting to come more in to it. Noel Sexton has just missed a penalty.

Our Nail Loney

DownFanatic

Power has gone at Pairc Esler. 5FM have lost their feed. Only about 5 minutes left at this stage.

DownFanatic

supersub

DownFanatic

Bridge win 0-12 to 0-08.

Seemed to be a shite game. Pretty muted atmosphere.

Whitehair

Both the JF and SF finals were poor, the shooting in the JF particularly atrocious. I thought we were going to be set for a cracking Senior Final as when both teams split from the parade a few players clashed with John Mc Carthy(i think) landing a few digs busting Brendan Grants nose. That was probably the pinacle of the excitement IMO. Loughinisland lost their half-time advantage within 5min of the restart and where then penned in their own half for the majority of the half. I suppose Dan Gordon would have made a major difference in that respect.

IHC Final: Portaferry 5.11 Liatroim 1.12

Ulster JHC: Ballela 6.14 Naomh Colmcille 2.7

stpauls

what was the score in the Junior final?

D4S

Congratulations to St Johns and Mayobridge on their wins.  Very poor final, atmosphere never really got going and was a poor game.  There were no stand out players that you would have said he had a great game, alan molloy got man of match he was good in first half not in it so much 2nd half, but he deserved the award as there was nobody else that played that great.

Fair dues to the Bridge 5 in a row, need 1 more to match Burrens record and equal burren and bryansford with 11 titles.  They will need to improve a lot though if they want to make an impact this year on ulster, hope they do! Congrats!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

No1

QuoteI thought the referee wasn't too bad, he let a lot more go than we are used to seeing when we head up that part of the world.  
I take it you would disagree given the reaction of your lads at the end of the match.

I always thought the guy has carried a grudge against us and last night seemed to pan out as we thought it would!  I was just interested to read how somone from the other side would see it.  He certainly didn't beat us though.  You boys are a good, fast, fit and hard hitting team but your second half performance would worry me if I was an Annaclone man!

Congrats to Mayobridge, every other club in Down should be looking to them for inspiration.

centre 3/4s

Maybe this sounds like sour grapes cause the magpies were not in the final but on the basis of todays final, football in the county is at its lowest point for many a year. If there is anyone who can say that game had any positives or encoraging displays then you are having a laugh. Alan Molloy was the pick of the bunch as he was in the semi aswell against Burren which bodes well for the future of l'island!!!  As for atmosphere the crowd can only be lifted by the game they are watching and the crowd was flat so tells you all about the game,  they say that newcastle is old and outdated well I have been going to club finals and county league games in it for years and newry will never be able to generate an atmosphere like it did

guevara

As a neutral I thought todays Senior final was terrible. Both teams were very poor and very little good football was played. Benny kicked some horrible wides and he two O'Reillys seemed to carry the ball down blind alleyways for Loughinisland at times.
Dont think Gordon wouldve made big difference as he done very little in the semifinal against Burren.

Big "Magic" Johnson was very poor. Agree with some posts about Corrigan seeming to be biased to the Bridge. Seemed to allow countless closed fist tackles, encroachment on frees and only showing book for Yellow card offences. Also moved few Bridge frees up 13metres but wasnt doing same for Island.

If thats best in our county were fecked
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

milltown row

will Mayobridge beat Naomh Gall in the next round? we won in first gear and the game is in the marshes this year again. looking forward to a good match.

glad to hear St Johns won their match, Big Seamus Braniff good mate of mine. well done

gaahead2008

congrats to st johns on their victory today- after what the club has experienced this week they truely deserved their win!

well done to mayobridge, five in a row is some achievement- their half switches really changed things for them! walsh's passing to coulter  set the sides apart....alan molloy tried so hard and to his testament he picked up man of the match!

magic picked up a nasty injury in the dying minutes... hope he makes a speedy recovery.

gaahead2008

Quote from: gaahead2008 on September 28, 2008, 08:28:32 PM
congrats to st johns on their victory today- after what the club has experienced this week they truely deserved their win!

well done to mayobridge, five in a row is some achievement- their half switches really changed things for them! walsh's passing to coulter  set the sides apart....alan molloy tried so hard and to his testament he picked up man of the match!

magic picked up a nasty injury in the dying minutes... hope he makes a speedy recovery.

mayobridge came through today but i do think st galls will be too much for them...