18     9   0     9   18   -15   Longstone
17     7   4     6   18   -13   Loughinisland
17     5   2   10   12   -42   Saval
16     4   2   10   10   -42   Liatroim
18     4   1   13     9   -60   An Riocht
18     2   2   14     6   -55   Ballyholland

miss mess

Quote from: amallon on September 15, 2008, 09:42:04 AM
It will be one game at a time for the Bridge management, I can't see them looking passed the final and they will give Loughinisland the respect they deserve and try and get their homework done on them.

bullshit.  bridge take cockiness to a whole different level.

No1

QuoteOff The Laces if I was from Kilclief id be very offended if u were trying to compare them to Ardglass!!Both are neighbours but seem to have a very different attitude and outlook.

Bitta, what do you expect from a pig, only a grunt?

OTL, the soccer was cancelled.  I wouldn't be naming names on here anyhow.

Dulaney

Was very disappointed with the Burren performance at the marshes last nite, they only played football for about 15minutes in the first half when they hit 5 good points in a row to draw level before conceding a third terrible goal. it was a totally different performance from the one against Kilcoo in the replay. Eoin McCartan was nowhere to be seen and McGovern hit some bad wides from free kicks. Big 'magic' caused awful problems for the Burren defence, Dan McCartan never got to grips with him at all, was surprised to see loughinisland take him off though i assume he was suffering from cramp or some other injury niggle.
My man of the match though has to go to Alan Molloy without a shadow of a doubt, he was excellent for the blues all nite and swept up an awful lot of ball in the loughinisland defence and moved it forward effectively and also kept McKernan very quiet. Big Dan had a bit of a shocker, i think he gave away almost every ball he received in the 1st 20min and was blown-up for drop kicking a free. He performed a bit better in the 2nd half and caught a couple of good kick-outs.
Loughinisland's victory could be awarded more so to the very good performance of their defence as their forwards never looked threatening (except under the high ball) and quite often played very deep resulting in loughinisland having no one to hit when moving the ball out of defence. 4 points in a c/ship semifinal is a very poor return.
Loughinisland have to potential to cause Mayobridge a few scares and i hope they make a game of it in the final but i think the bridge have to much quality for the result to be in any serious doubt. Mayobridge's midfield is a weak link on paper but their defence won't gift the same slack goal opportunities as Burren did last nite and they definitely have the forwards to grab a few goals themselves if need be. At the minute i still don't think their is any real threat to Mayobridge in the Down c/ship, if there were i think it would prepare them better for the Ulster title which they long to achieve!!!

T O Hare

Quote from: miss mess on September 15, 2008, 01:31:57 PM
Quote from: amallon on September 15, 2008, 09:42:04 AM
It will be one game at a time for the Bridge management, I can't see them looking passed the final and they will give Loughinisland the respect they deserve and try and get their homework done on them.

bullshit.  bridge take cockiness to a whole different level.

:) :) :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

islandboy

Dulaney- i got the impression burren thought they need only turn up last night and they would win. Although we only scored 7 times we missed at least three other goal chances. we went ahead then sat back an absorbed your pressure. you had one goal chance and that was in the last kick of the game. i hope mayobridge feel they only need to turn up.

A.Mallon - we have a black jersey we wore against yourselves last year so dont know what will happen. obviously both teams would like to wear there normal colours.

Bitta-Banter

Any secretaries on here got the fixtures for club games this weekend??

gorm agus bui

was reading on HS that RGu play Point under lights on Friday

Colonel Cool

How did Gareth Johnston do for Loughinisland?

McGourty will now be available for Darragh Cross in the IFC final.  >:(
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

johnneycool

Quote from: Colonel Cool on September 15, 2008, 03:22:18 PM
How did Gareth Johnston do for Loughinisland?

McGourty will now be available for Darragh Cross in the IFC final.  >:(

Are the senior finals not scheduled for the same day?

D4S

As far as I know the senior final will be Sunday week the 28th September according to the master fixture list, any confirmation on this though?

If AI Final ends in a draw the tyrone v kerry replay will be the following sunday 5th October, so id imagine they probably will fix mayobridge loughinisland for the 28th.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

johnneycool

Quote from: D4S on September 15, 2008, 03:36:02 PM
As far as I know the senior final will be Sunday week the 28th September according to the master fixture list, any confirmation on this though?

I think the hurling is scheduled the same day so Magic will be a tired boy or have to split his big over two locations.

Dulaney

islandboy- im not a Burren fan, i was merely noting as a neutral that Burren were very poor compared to the performance they displayed against Kilcoo, in actual fact i was glad to see yourselves win, it'll bring a bit of hype to the final as loughinisland havn't been there in 19yrs.

DownFanatic

SFC
Mayobridge 2.14 Saval 0.7
Loughinisland 3.4 Burren 0.10

IFC
Annaclone 1.10 Glasdrumman 2.5
Darragh Cross 2.9 Kilclief 1.9

JFC
Bright 1.15 Aghaderg 3.6
St John's 2.5 St Paul's 0.7

Went to the JFC game between St Johns and St Pauls. The better team won. St Pauls kicked themselves out of it and didnt show enough to merit a win. Before the game I was led to believe that St Johns were going to be a force to reckon with. Im not so sure. They look a very ordinary Division 3 side at best but despite this they should account for Bright in the Final.
It looks like its going to be an intriguing SFC Final. I didnt expect the Island to win through but fair play to them. However, I just cant see past the Bridge. Supposedly their weak spot is midfield. The Island will probably look to dominate this sector. Yet, if Donnelly is any sort of manager he will have a plan to counteract this shortcoming and this should be enough to get the victory.

Blue Island

Quote from: johnneycool on September 15, 2008, 04:31:17 PM
Quote from: D4S on September 15, 2008, 03:36:02 PM

I think the hurling is scheduled the same day so Magic will be a tired boy or have to split his big over two locations.

We were told last night the football is fixed for the 28th September. I also know the hurlers believed the hurling was to take place on the 5th October. I hope that remains the case, because Magic really made a huge difference against Burren and playing without him would be now unthinkable.

His athleticism has never been in doubt, but he has been moving slowly into the senior team this year and this was a conscious decision by the senior management. He has played quite a few reserve games and was featuring as a sub up until recently. He needed a bit of time to get used to the flight of a size five and also needed time to get his positional sense. Anybody who saw him play last night can now see the potentail he has and he was marking a very tough opponent in McCartan. It is far too early to say if he could do a job for the County, but it is no secret that Ross Carr has told him to learn the basics at club level before possibly considering him in the future.

He is still relatively young and improves every training session and anybody who knows him will tell you that not only is he very personable, enthusiastic but he is aways willing to learn. What is not widely known is that he has a sweet left foot for a hurler. He is close to being one of the best strikers of the ball at the club and can bang over points from distance with accuracy. Seems to come natural to the lucky bollix. 

Hope he plays as well in the final, because it is no secret that if we do not perform from number 1 -15 in the final we will get our asses tanned.