Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green+Gold

Have the dates for the SFC final and IFC final been confirmed?

amallon

SFC Championship Quarter Final Highlights
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mq3UiityppM&fmt=18
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Whacker

What time is throw in tonight lads?

amallon

Bacon

Aren't the semi finals draws tonight after the replay? Can someone post them as soon as?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Bitta-Banter

Darragh Cross v KIlclief
Annaclone v Glasdrumman
Dont know other Championship ties

miss mess

burren won 3.13-2.07

burren v loughisland
bridge v saval

umpire

After tonight Burren v Kilcoo game

predictions league

8   BRIDGE LAD
7   Bridgegael
7   Blue Island
7   D45
7   dundrumite
7   off the laces
6   Amallon
6   Aristotle Flynn
6   downfanatic
6   General
6   Islandboy
6   Maiden 1
6   Niall Quinn
6   thewobbler
6   Umpire
5   Stiff Breeze
5   Minus15
4   Passedit
4   Statto-gael
4   Brick Tamlin
3   Square Ball

spiritof91and94

Quote from: miss mess on September 04, 2008, 09:37:54 PM
burren won 3.13-2.07

burren v loughisland
bridge v saval

Kilcoo out - busy night for the bouncers in pubs tonight around castlewellan!!! (going on previous form)

Our Nail Loney

Good win for Burren...

Burren Bridge final on the cards??!

amallon

The first half was a great halfs football but the sending off killed the game as a contest.  Burren looked very dangerous up front and will take a bit of stopping.

My predictions:
Burren v Loughinisland (Burren)
Mayobridge v Saval (Bridge)

Our Nail Loney

Blue Island

Quote from: amallon on September 04, 2008, 10:07:38 PM
The first half was a great halfs football but the sending off killed the game as a contest.  Burren looked very dangerous up front and will take a bit of stopping.

My predictions:
Burren v Loughinisland (Burren)
Mayobridge v Saval (Bridge)

If you were a betting man you could not argue with that prediction. Its a plus to avoid you lot, but Burren have to be favourites after a result like that against Kilcoo. I predicted a Burren win, but did not think they would be able to score so much against Kilcoo. I do not think this Burren side has a great number of individual stars, however, they are very fit at the moment, very well drilled, and extremely hard working. The Burren team we played at the start of the year is quite different from the present and Barton must deserve credit for that.

If we are to beat them we will need a full and fit panel to pick from and will need to match the intensity they have. We are quite a Jekyll and Hyde team at the moment.

Kilcoo must be wondering when their time will come. They have put so much into the club at all levels in the last ten years and are as committed a bunch as you will meet, but they appear to be no closer to the elusive promised land.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on September 04, 2008, 10:08:56 PM
Who got sent off and why?
A Brannigan got the line and in fairness Kilcoo could have lost 1/2 more and Burren possibly 1.
Sent off for striking. I wuld lay the blame at Managers door as he should have moved him out of full back earlier as he was getting roasted by Eoin McCartan and his frustration was building up. He's a good footballer but never a full back by any stretch of imagination.
Score line actually flattered Kilcoo.
Thought Declan Rooney was immense along with Chris McGovern.
Don't think that Kilcoo teamwill ever win a championship as they do not seem to have the discipline or nous to compete when the chips are down.

guevara

Firstly I am neither a Burren or Kilcoo fan!!

Thought the sending off ruined a good game! Brannigan had to go if he struck out but from what I seen Burren were lucky to finish with 15!
Eoin McArtan was spoke to three times and only booked for what appeared to be striking why? Anthony Cunningham got involved in more than most and comitted constant niggly fouls that were allowed to go unpunished.
James McGovern was the same hit younger Brannigan clear as day in front of linesman and nothing done!

I think Burren were the cuter team, Kilcoo lumped high ball into Lavery who wasnt getting a sniff so what do they do? they continue to thump high ball into him.

Aidan Brannigan was very foolish he was getting annoyed because McCartan had got away with two slaps on him and decided to exact revenge! had to go!
I honestly dunno how Gorm agus Bui reckon C McGovern & Declan Rooney were best two on field ;D
Rooney looks strong but brought very little to the game & McGovern wasnt noticeable at all!
Best players imo were J McGovern, McKernan, A Devlin and Kilcoo no 6!

Referee shite again!! ruined a good game and if going by letter of law shouldve finished with possibly 12/13 players each on the field!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan