Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: off the laces on September 03, 2008, 08:31:02 AM
Quote from: stpauls on September 02, 2008, 05:00:05 PM
Quote from: off the laces on September 02, 2008, 04:26:22 PM
Quote from: uselessfootballer on September 02, 2008, 04:19:12 PM
Good man passedit, I wondered how long it would be before you rose to "off the laces" and his we jibes about the location of St Pauls. If you ever have any joy on that mileage claim give me a shout and I'll look about mine as well.

God Save The Queen
Dont let St Pauls see the above qoute he will go mad  ;D

too late!!  ;D

anyhow, i do understand where you are coming from OTL, it was a big f#*k up on the part of the CB in fixing the game for last night after we only played on Sunday, and I can understand your frustration after travelling up for no reason, but there is nothing we could do about that!!
St Pauls my gripe has never been with you our St Pauls its with the CB and their inefficent running off the leagues this year. To hear someone is getting an amount off Euros to sit on his backside in castlewellan and asume someone else will do the work really gets my goat up. Once again not you or your club the County Board.
I Call for a MAJOR shakeup.

i know exactly what you mean OTL, the fact that the leagues started in March, and were originally scheduled to run into October, though due to the fact that 2 series of fixtures are still to be played, it could now run into November, and that is before playoffs. we also had 2 weeks in April were there were no games, and then the break in July, if this had been arranged properly, there could have been another one, maybe two games played in there!! i know the CB have a pretty tough job and i would not want to do it (before anyone has a go at me) but a bit of common sense would have prevented this problem!!

passedit

Couple of questions for anyone with a clue.

1 When are the semi final draws?
2 Has anyone a definitive answer for how relegation from division three will be decided? The latest i've heard is a bottom five playoff with three going down, surely that can't be right?
Don't Panic

D4S

1) Draw tomorrow night in Pairc Esler at Burren Kilcoo replay

2) Haven't a clue!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Whacker

What time is that game at tomorrow night folks?

off the laces

Quote from: passedit on September 03, 2008, 12:15:38 PM

2 Has anyone a definitive answer for how relegation from division three will be decided? The latest i've heard is a bottom five playoff with three going down, surely that can't be right?
A few pages back a st pauls poster put up it was bottom 4 with 3 going down at the minute mitchels have not got the required 30% and am not sure if bosco are in the same situation will be a lottery come the last few round off games.
Keeps 'er' straight

stpauls

extract taken directly from the County Competition Rules 2008:

(b)   Relegation from Divisions 1, 2 and 3 will be determined on a round   robin basis involving the bottom four teams in each of these Divisions following completion of the ordinary round of leagues.  Two teams will be relegated each year.  An exception will apply in 2008 when three teams will be relegated from Division 3.

passedit

Quote from: stpauls on September 03, 2008, 01:00:18 PM

(b)   Relegation from Divisions 1, 2 and 3 will be determined on a round   robin basis involving the bottom four teams in each of these Divisions following completion of the ordinary round of leagues.  Two teams will be relegated each year.  An exception will apply in 2008 when three teams will be relegated from Division 3.

I'm afraid there is enough wiggle room there for any of the three scenarios described to me to occur i.e

1. Bottom three down automatically.
2. three from four in playoffs.
3. three from five in playoffs.

One gentleman rather mischieviously suggested to me that a final decision would not be made until the identities of the prospective relegation candidates were known. He might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
Don't Panic

stpauls

Quote from: passedit on September 03, 2008, 01:29:36 PM
Quote from: stpauls on September 03, 2008, 01:00:18 PM

I'm afraid there is enough wiggle room there for any of the three scenarios described to me to occur i.e

1. Bottom three down automatically.
2. three from four in playoffs.
3. three from five in playoffs.

One gentleman rather mischieviously suggested to me that a final decision would not be made until the identities of the prospective relegation candidates were known. He might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

if that is the case, i suspect that we will enter another situation like last year, and that would be something the CB would not want to happen!!
from what i read there, i can't see much room for wiggling out of anything!! the bottom four with 3 to go down!!

uselessfootballer

Passedit /St Paul's, the answer is simple win 2 more bloody games and then it won't matter what way they decide to run it off

stpauls

Quote from: off the laces on September 03, 2008, 12:43:01 PM
Quote from: passedit on September 03, 2008, 12:15:38 PM

A few pages back a st pauls poster put up it was bottom 4 with 3 going down at the minute mitchels have not got the required 30% and am not sure if bosco are in the same situation will be a lottery come the last few round off games.

currently, Glasdrumman are top of the league with 32 points, Bosco has 9 and Mitchels have 6. if the 30% rule applies, Mitchels automatically go down, as do Bosco!!
30% = 9.6(rounded up to 10)

passedit

Quote from: uselessfootballer on September 03, 2008, 01:37:57 PM
Passedit /St Paul's, the answer is simple win 2 more bloody games and then it won't matter what way they decide to run it off

My interest is of course hopefully as a casual observer rather than frantic participant.

St Pauls, i thought the % was always rounded down?
Don't Panic

stpauls

Quote from: passedit on September 03, 2008, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: uselessfootballer on September 03, 2008, 01:37:57 PM

My interest is of course hopefully as a casual observer rather than frantic participant.

St Pauls, i thought the % was always rounded down?

again, this extract is taken from the competition rules:

Any team in Divisions 1, 2 or 3 which fails to achieve 30% (rounded up to the nearest point) of the points of the top team in that Division following the conclusion of ordinary round league games will be relegated automatically.  If more than two teams fail to achieve 30% (rounded up to the nearest point) of the points of the top team in that Division, the lowest finishing two teams will be relegated.

off the laces

% always rounded up we know we had a few close runs
Keeps 'er' straight

Minus15

Can anyone post an up to date div 3 table?

Square Ball

Team Played Won Drew Lost Points
  An Ghlasdromainn  20  15  2  3  32 
  Ard Ghlais  20  15  1  4  31 
  Breadach  19  13  2  4  28 
  Ceathrú Aodha Dhuibh  19  13  1  5  27 
  Droim Gath  19  10  3  6  23 
  Droim an Easa  20  9  3  8  21 
  Naomh Pól  19  7  3  9  17 
  Gleann  19  5  5  9  15 
  Sabhall Padraig  18  7  0  11  14 
  Naomh Michil  19  5  4  10  14