Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centre 3/4s

at the ford and bridge match thought there was some decent enough played by both teams at times but overall coulter was the difference. Ford looked a few short maybe spirit can confirm

BRIDGE LAD

Thought the bridge struggled to get out of first gear at times, only played well in patches. Ciaran Brannigan was only threat to them, yea and coulter prob the difference especially when moved into the square. Bryansford set out at the start for Luke Howard to mark Benny, he shit himself and didn't know what to do when Benny was lined out at midfield, Aidan Shields would mark Benny as good as Howard. I think bryansford were pretty much at full strength bar Conor Maginn! They should have went out and played their own game and maybe they could have taken something from the game!

Better display from the bridge defence and wee Rony back to himself, also Ryan Brady had an outstanding debut in the championship! Like to avoid Loughisland, think they'll be hard to beat! Bring on the Saval men! ;D ;D ;D

spiritof91and94

Maginn was missing but I would question our management and the tactics played last night, the only way we would get at Mayobridge was to run at them yet the long ball was rained in time after time, Brannigan needs the ball to hand and he will punish any defence, he ended up going looking deep and this brought Barry into the game more. Our other five forwards didnt perform and Maginn was a loss but if boys want to play in USA then the attitude is wrong as was the descision to bring Shane King (who was two yards of the pace) on as he returned from USA last week - Our bench may well be light this weekend as a result of this - our management forgot about loyalty.
Benny is a class act, I want to see his goal posted up here as it shows how to rip a defence to bits and execute a goal of a genius - a bridge stalwart told me in 2005 at a championship game that all the clubs are playing for runners up because the bridge had something nobody else had - Benny Coulter, this is still the case and five in a row beckons for the sky blues - although loughinisland have the strength to be their closest challengers.

maldini

Darragh beat shamrocks well yesterday, 1-13 to 1-7 to join glassdrumman kilclief and annacalone in the semis.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: maldini on September 01, 2008, 10:13:54 AM
Darragh beat shamrocks well yesterday, 1-13 to 1-7 to join glassdrumman kilclief and annacalone in the semis.

Shamrocks quota of county players were outstanding yesterday..... ???

bridgegael

talking to a few boys after the match,  there seemed to be a few rumblings from some of the ford players whenever king came on,  they weren't happy!  ford were right in it with ten to go,  if conor gribben had have goaled it would have been level and bryansford would have been flying!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

spiritof91and94

bridgegael

i'll prob not get the highlights for a few days yet,  AMALLON is the man to be getting it up.  i think he was away this weekend though.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Maiden1

When is the draw for all the semi finals or has it already been made?
There are no proofs, only opinions.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: bridgegael on September 01, 2008, 11:21:13 AM
i'll prob not get the highlights for a few days yet,  AMALLON is the man to be getting it up.  i think he was away this weekend though.

Really!!!!!!!!

5 Sams

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on September 01, 2008, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on September 01, 2008, 11:21:13 AM

Really!!!!!!!!

Thats why he went to Blackpool for the weekend :D :D

Are you still alive Aidan???
The Aristocrat Years

islandboy

we played ok on saturday. we did enough to win but will have to improve a great deal if we are to win the semi. downpatrick were terrible and not very fit at all.
we play rostrevor tonight which will be difficult. very strange decision not to make the draw yesterday as we could be drawn against the bridge yet we are set to play them on friday night.

umpire

Can anyone confrim the result of Aghaderg v St Michaels as i am getting conflicting reports of that game.

Was at Bridge and Ford's game, thought that Ford should have put up better effort.

the derg

the derg def won by 5 points great result against all expectations

DownFanatic

Aghaderg definitely beat St Michaels Umpire.

Went to the two games in Hilltown last night. Darragh Cross played very well against Shamrocks and if they avoid Annaclone, should make the IFC Final. You have to wonder what kind of work is being done in Newry regarding the promotion of GAA. Shamrocks, who are generally regarded as Newry's flagship club were very poor. Something needs to be done to tackle the overall poor standard of football in the city.

The Bridge were always going to beat Bryansford. Maginn would have made a bit of a difference but the Ford are going to have a lot of work to do if they are to get themselves back amongst the contenders for the SFC.
The Bridge don't look to be firing on all cylinders at the moment, Maybe that is a bad sign for their future opponents. Midfield is a problem area for them but apart from that they look steady enough.