Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minus15 on August 16, 2008, 02:57:20 PM
anyone know of the condition of the Tullylish pitch? Glenn v st michaels down for 1pm tomorrow!

Couple my cousins play for st micks, they're going out tonight due to the pitch!

Minus15

Meaning what?? They're taking a gamble? Great being a junior footballer! lol

D4S

Sean Rooney just on 5fm mayobridge match goes ahead in Newry should be a nice evening to play football!  I wouldnt envy anyone standing in saval for the annclone game it's wild open up there!!!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minus15 on August 16, 2008, 03:07:59 PM
Meaning what?? They're taking a gamble? Great being a junior footballer! lol

They just say the match is bound to be off, f**k it!! As you say a junior footballer can do it!

miss mess

i was at the burren match last night.  very poor game of football.  left with 15 mins to go and the score was 2.09-0.04 to burren.  crap football to be frank.

T O Hare

Bridge game is off, raging!!!! heading on holidays on Monday for a week >:(
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

cloneman

Our match is now off too!! Will all the postponed matches be refixed for midweek?

Dulaney

Heard from Sean Rooney that all games are off!!!! Bridge Clonduff match supposed to be on Monday nite now (IF it stops raining)

Square Ball

Quote from: Dulaney on August 16, 2008, 04:33:20 PM
Heard from Sean Rooney that all games are off!!!! Bridge Clonduff match supposed to be on Monday nite now (IF it stops raining)

is there an e-mail running about?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

guevara

Another wonderful county board feck up!!

Warrenpoint v Banbridge was on then off then on again, then switched to Saval!!
But Point then informed that Annaclone were being given preference in Saval (which is now off too)
Every year the idiots in charge seem to mess up the whole championship and it gets finished in October!!

How can every other county in the land get their Championship going June/Jult time but every year we become the laughing stock???

Also why was Saval not used as a venue from day 1?

Raging!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

T O Hare

i think the Bridge game is on on Monday at 7pm.. you cant blame the co board on the weather, i am sure the officals tried their hardest to get the games played!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Minus15

In fairness I don't think you can blame the county board for this. The weather has made most Irish league games either abandoned or called off today. It has rained non stop all day, Not a whole pile you can do!

Down Gael

You cannot blame the county board for the weather.
The roads around Newry and Mourne are all badly flooded, you cannot really expect a field to be any better off.

Square Ball

Only todays are off so far, no word on tomorrows yet
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

guevara

i think you can when every year our championship doesnt start before 15th august!!
any wonder other teams think Down footballs crap when were playing our championship in October!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan