Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

have watched darragh play ardglass a couple of times and have to say that ardglass seem intent on kicking them off the field. i think mageean from darragh had his jaw broken last time i watched the two teams play.
ardglass would be a good team if they would just play football but unfortunately they are the most hateful team in down to play against. never forget being spat on by their goalie, i didnt know what to think.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

dundrumite

Well if your putting up a league table, going to have to predict Dundrum and Bright .Two fixtures I missed out on.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: dundrumite on August 15, 2008, 04:30:19 PM
Well if your putting up a league table, going to have to predict Dundrum and Bright .Two fixtures I missed out on.

I will also make 2 predictions this weekend. 1) Dundrumite will get very drunk. 2) he will intoxicate and take advantage of 2 young ladies

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Dannymcfella on August 15, 2008, 04:58:38 PM

I will also make 2 predictions this weekend. 1) Dundrumite will get very drunk. 2) he will intoxicate and take advantage of 2 young ladies

Whats your predictions for the point match?? Fancy whoever wins to win the championship but cant pick which!

DownFanatic

Latest ACFL Division 2 Table

Bryansford  16   32
Annaclone  16   22
Clann na Banna 14  20
Warrenpoint  14   18
--------------------------------
Shamrocks  16   18
Attical  15   15
Ballymartin  15  15
Darragh Cross  16   15
--------------------------------
Downpatrick  13  10
Kilclief   14   7
Tullylish   16  6
Dundrum   15   2

Outstanding Fixtures: Downpatrick v Attical + Downpatrick v Warrenpoint + Kilcilef v Banbridge + Downpatrick v Banbridge + Kilclief v Warrenpoint + Dundrum v Ballymartin

Square Ball

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 15, 2008, 02:13:57 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 15, 2008, 01:18:59 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on August 15, 2008, 08:55:27 AM
squareball, if your interested u16 champ match, st marys v bredagh fixed for tomorrow at four has been postponed again, now fixed for tue eve in ballykinlar!!

yip, i am very interested in this one, thought it was in D Cross at 7

we (st marys management) had been told 4pm, we rang brian kennedy last night as one of our lads is coming from an gaeltacht (who also came down the road on tue night only for us to be informed it was off!) and he got back to us this morning to tell us it was refixed again for tuesday in bkinlar!

very similar to our boys as well, we had one came back from Sligo and one from Galway. You 100% about B'Kinler?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 15, 2008, 05:18:15 PM

Whats your predictions for the point match?? Fancy whoever wins to win the championship but cant pick which!

Wouldn't want to make a prediction on that game, with a bit of lucky hopefully the Clann win by a point with yours truly swinging over a superb injury time point (which would be my first of the season) ;D Think there will only by 1 or 2 points in it either way

Lecale2

Are Downpatrick in the SFC? If they are why?

No1

Kilclief 1-13  Teconnaught 0-5

Our Nail Loney

Bitta-Banter

Result - Bryansford 0-6 Castlewellan 0-5

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on August 15, 2008, 09:24:22 PM

Musta been exciting for the spectators, what happened!

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 15, 2008, 09:30:22 PM
Quote from: Bitta-Banter on August 15, 2008, 09:24:22 PM

Musta been exciting for the spectators, what happened!
Shocking match!! Poor advert for Down football. Two top teams unable to play on a such a big pitch. Lacked the passion and bite you would have expected for such a derby.
4-4 at half time with Ford then equalising about a minute from end for the first score of the half before getting the winner about three mins into the added on time. No issues with officialdom but don't know where they got 4 mins extra from.
Think Ford just about deserved it

D4S

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 15, 2008, 08:31:51 PM
Are Downpatrick in the SFC? If they are why?

Because they won the intermediate championship last year and finished in the top 4 of division2!

Is that result definite for bryansford v castlewellan?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

dundrumite

Quote from: Dannymcfella on August 15, 2008, 07:16:52 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 15, 2008, 05:18:15 PM

Wouldn't want to make a prediction on that game, with a bit of lucky hopefully the Clann win by a point with yours truly swinging over a superb injury time point (which would be my first of the season) ;D Think there will only by 1 or 2 points in it either way

Surely not on Championship weekend  :o

As for that injury time winner....................................... :D