Shamrocks  15   18
Attical  14   15
Ballymartin  15  15
Darragh Cross  15   13
Downpatrick  13  10
Kilclief   14   7
Tullylish   15  6
Dundrum   15   2

Outstanding Fixtures: Downpatrick v Attical + Downpatrick v Warrenpoint + Kilcief v Banbridge

Whitehair

JHC

Ballela 3.7 Ballygalget 3.7

It was nearly time to hang up the hurl lecale! :D
Playing with the wind we trailed 2.4 to 0.1 after about 15min then pulled it back to 2.6 to 1.2 by half time, we then stuck on a few fellas who hadnt been about much and the game swung in our direction. For one of the fellas it was his first game in 4 years and he scored 2.2 but it could easliy have been 5 goals. Think the replays next Tuesday.

I think Warrenpoint beat Ballyvarley by 2points.

BRIDGE LAD

Has anybody heard tell of Andym from the kingdom recently? Before the league began he was never off this thread! Now no word of him, I wonder why! ;D ;D ;D

Minus15

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on August 05, 2008, 11:14:20 PM
Has anybody heard tell of Andym from the kingdom recently? Before the league began he was never off this thread! Now no word of him, I wonder why! ;D ;D ;D

lol. was thinking the very same after reading the bridge result from last night!

umpire

Monday 4th August, Div one table

P    W   D     L   Pts     SD   Teams
15   13   0     2   26     89   Mayobridge
15   10   1     4   21     66   Kilcoo
14     8   2     4   18     10   Rostrevor
15     9   0     6   18       0   Longstone
15     8   1     6   17     33   Castlewellan
15     8   0     7   16     -3   Burren
14     7   2     5   16     -5   Loughinisland
15     8   0     7   16   -15   Clonduff
15     4   2     9   10   -32   Liatroim
14     3   2     9     8   -38   Saval
14     2   2   10     6   -32   Ballyholland
15     2   0   13     4   -73   An Riocht

I am sure Andym will be back soon as championship is next week,
Kilcoo, watch out!!

Leg End

did st pauls get a bye in the first round of the championship???

do they have a game next weekend
we're here for a good time, not a long time

umpire

JUNIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
(a) Aughlisnafinn V Breachtain
(b) Droim Bearagh V Naomh Eoin
(c) Gleann V Naomh Michil

the above game will be played on Sunday 17th August

Roinn 1 (Quarter-final)
1 Achadh Dearg V Winners (c)
2 Naomh Pol V Misteiligh an Iuir
3 Baile Choinnleora V Winners (a)
4 Winners (b) V Droim an Easa

Tough draw for St Pauls

Lecale2

Quote from: Whitehair on August 05, 2008, 11:04:30 PM
JHC

Ballela 3.7 Ballygalget 3.7

It was nearly time to hang up the hurl lecale! :D
Playing with the wind we trailed 2.4 to 0.1 after about 15min then pulled it back to 2.6 to 1.2 by half time, we then stuck on a few fellas who hadnt been about much and the game swung in our direction. For one of the fellas it was his first game in 4 years and he scored 2.2 but it could easliy have been 5 goals. Think the replays next Tuesday.

I think Warrenpoint beat Ballyvarley by 2points.

A lot closer than I expected. Ballygalget can alway pull out a few lads for the championship that haven't played in the league all year. Clonduff beat Bredagh IIs 3-15 to 2-6 in terrible conditions in Drumnaquoile. Good to be albe to field two teams for the championship and hopefully we'll be a bit more competitive next year.

stpauls

Quote from: umpire on August 06, 2008, 12:39:58 AM

Roinn 1 (Quarter-final)

Tough draw for St Pauls

do you mean the draw as a whole, or our first round game against the Mitchels?
i think we should be able to beat the Mitchels in our first game, and I expect the winners of Glenn/St. Michael's to beat Aghaderg.
We have a win and a draw with Glenn, and have beaten St. Michael's twice this year, so the omens are good, but being championship football, anything can happen, and we won't be taking anything for granted.
We are definately on the toughest side of the draw though!

western exile

I heard about a controversial event regarding Div 4, I wonder can anyone confirm?

The situation is this...  St. Johns are unbeaten and assured of the top promotion spot.   There will be no playoff, with the top 2 teams getting automatic promotion.  The real promotion fight is for second place between Achaderg and Dromara, who are neck and neck.  However, St. Johns were to play Achaderg on Sunday and requested to have the game moved, but Achaderg refused.  St. Johns then did not field, and handed the points to Achaderg and thus damaging Dromara's chance of promotion.

stpauls

Quote from: western exile on August 06, 2008, 10:17:40 AM

I heard about a controversial event regarding Div 4, I wonder can anyone confirm?

The situation is this...  St. Johns are unbeaten and assured of the top promotion spot.   There will be no playoff, with the top 2 teams getting automatic promotion.  The real promotion fight is for second place between Achaderg and Dromara, who are neck and neck.  However, St. Johns were to play Achaderg on Sunday and requested to have the game moved, but Achaderg refused.  St. Johns then did not field, and handed the points to Achaderg and thus damaging Dromara's chance of promotion.

this is not a nice thing to happen, especially if it is going to effect Dromara's promotion chances, but i don't think there is anything they can do about it. not sure who the blame can lie with here, Aghaderg for not being willing to move the game, or St. John's for not bothering to field.

i can't be saying anything on this though as we benefitted from Teconnaught not fielding against us last year, which gave us 2 points, and put us above the 30% rule to put us into a relegation play-off battle, and sure we all know what happened with that.  ;)

6th sam

Quote from: western exile on August 06, 2008, 10:17:40 AM

I may be mistaken,but I think a similar event over non-fielding occurred last year in Div 3,involving Teconnaught and St Paul's. It contributed to the fiasco of Div 3 relegation last year.
Whereas Dromara are understandably angry,St.Johns could have bluffed it and played a shadow team and lost heavily anyway.The current league structures leaves us all open to these type of events.Another scenario that has occurred is teams close to the bottom 4,wanting to lose against the top team to automatically relegate teams below them.
Apparently it was the old chestnut of "one of our boys was getting married and they wouldn't switch it".In each team there is likely to be at least 2 summer weddings each year.If fixtures were glibly allowed to be changed for this there would end up being no games played.I do beleive that the fixtures secretary needs to consider a bye-law,that if there is a wedding directly involving players,that match can be switched back to the Thursday night,as long as 6 weeks notice is given.
If St.John's needed the points I am sure they would have found some way of fielding their strongest team despite the wedding-and to be fair to them,the fact that they didn't need to is a reflection of their dominance this year.However,failure to field is very much against the spirit of the game,and if it directly disadvantages a neighbouring club it is obviously going to stir up strong feelings.Given this event The county board will need to reflect on how it occurred and consider is the sanction for failure to field strong enough?

Minus15

Quote from: stpauls on August 06, 2008, 09:49:10 AM

Roinn 1 (Quarter-final)

Tough draw for St Pauls

i think we should be able to beat the Mitchels in our first game, and I expect the winners of Glenn/St. Michael's to beat Aghaderg.
We have a win and a draw with Glenn, and have beaten St. Michael's twice this year, so the omens are good, but being championship football, anything can happen, and we won't be taking anything for granted.

What you mean St. Pauls? Following the quarter finals is there not an open draw for the semi finals or has it been decided that winners of quarter final 1 will play the winners of 2 and the winners of 3 play the winners of four?

stpauls

Quote from: Minus15 on August 06, 2008, 11:33:08 AM
Quote from: stpauls on August 06, 2008, 09:49:10 AM

Roinn 1 (Quarter-final)

Tough draw for St Pauls

What you mean St. Pauls? Following the quarter finals is there not an open draw for the semi finals or has it been decided that winners of quarter final 1 will play the winners of 2 and the winners of 3 play the winners of four?

Minus, i was going by the way the games are listed above, the winners of game 1 play the winners of game 2, and the same with 3 versus 4!! it may not be the case though, i am not sure!!