JFC
Dromara v St John; St John
Glenn v St Michaels; St Michaels
Aughlisnafinn v Bright; Bright

Lecale2

Quote from: Whitehair on August 03, 2008, 07:17:45 PM
Intermediate Hurling Championship

Portaferry 3.13 Bredagh 1.8

Portaferry with Paul Braniff playing centre half forward lead 3.4 to 1.3 at half time. Goals from Nigel Kelly, Braniff and Paul Smith in a half when it absolutely bucketed down for a period. Bredagh should have been closer as they'd plenty of the ball just couldnt get points on the board, Ian Galway got their goal I think and Donal Hughes caused Portaferry plenty of problems. The second half was a dour enough affair as the game was never really in the balance, Portaferry points coming from Braniff, Noel Sands and Joe Kelly.

Good report Whitehair. Very strange to see the captain of Portaferry seniors (Dule) lining out for the Seconds. They must see the IHC as their priority this year.

Super Dupe

Quote from: Square Ball on August 03, 2008, 07:01:03 PM
Statement on behalf of Down County Board and Bronagh Rogers (Mother)
Down footballer, Ambrose Rogers was admitted to the Mater Hospital in Dublin yesterday following an abdominal injury towards the end of the Down v Wexford game. Following assessment he underwent surgery to remove his spleen.

He is currently recovering from the surgery and his condition is described as stable. All the players, management and the Down County Board wish him a speedy recovery.

from the Down site  :o

hope he make a full recovery

Best wishes to Ambrose.  Hope he comes out of this situation well.  He has more to think about at the minute than football but i have to say that he played his heart out on Saturday in Croke Park.  He is a proud Down and Longstone man, no doubt about that. 
Can someone enlighten me if this is the same injury that Ambrose's clubman Ryan Kelly had!!!!  He is back playing now so lets hope Ambrose can make the same recovery.

D4S

Yes same injury as ryan kelly had...Ryan's back playing great stuff for us so let's hope Ambrose can do the same.  Really unfortunate for him he'll be a long time getting his fitness back after this and especially when he's back playing so well after his cruciate knee injury in 06-07 makes it all the more devastating for him.  Feel terrible for him he's a great fella!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Minus15

SFC
Castlewellan v Bryansford; Castlewellan
Burren v Attical; Burren
Mayobridge v Clonduff; Mayobridge
Liatroim v Longstone; Longstone
Saval v Ballyholland; Ballyholland
Kilcoo v An Riocht; Kilcoo
Loughinisland v Rostrevor; Rostrevor
Ballymartin v Downpatrick; Ballymartin

IFC;
Glasdrumman v St John Bosco; Glasdrumman
Darragh Cross v Ardglass; Darragh Cross
Kilclief v Teconnaught; Kilclief
Drumgath v Carryduff; Drumgath
Banbridge v Warrenpoint; Banbridge
Annaclone v Tullylish; Annaclone
Shamrocks v Saul; Shamrocks
Dundrum v Bredagh; Dundrum

JFC
Dromara v St John; St John's
Glenn v St Michaels; Glenn
Aughlisnafinn v Bright; Bright

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3

Drumgath  1-10
Bredagh  1-7

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 2
Warrenpoint 2-16  Dundrum 1-09

We were outplayed for the whole of the game. The Point had two deadly men up front in Ross McGarry and Gary Boyle. They were basically unmarkable for the hour.
We have now lost 14 out of our 15 fixtures and it is not pleasant reading. This game may have been the final nail in our coffin.

stiff breeze

castlewellan beat saval ( by 3 i think)

cloneman

Annaclone 4-09 Darragh Cross 0-14

SCENTOFSAM

Shamrocks bt Downpatrick by 3-9 to 1-6

Minus15

dundrumite

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on July 31, 2008, 03:31:53 PM
What do you mean again man? I thought there was a few bosco lads on the panel, my mistake! Yea very impressed with bosco against the bridge. Cant believe  there wasn't many of your lads as well! McGarry's son would not get on any of the teams i've mentioned!

That lad put on perhaps the best forward display I have seen this year tonight. Either it was a flash in the pan or maybe he is getting slated for being the selectors son?

Square Ball

Quote from: TORGAEL on August 04, 2008, 09:01:31 PM
ACFL DIV3

Drumgath  1-10
Bredagh  1-7

was it not 1-11 Torgael?

Drumgath were very wasteful in from of the nets, one Drumgath supporter put it that they had 17 wides and kicked the ball into the keepers hand on 5 occasions
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TORGAEL

i made it 3 points square ball... 1-10-1-7, although i could be wrong

TORGAEL

you are correct about the wastefulness, but the ref gave us everything tonight, it was embarassing at times