Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

county derry post

Lads, any chance of some directions to Ballycran, coming from Dungiven to the hurling match tonight but haven't a notion how to get there and the interweb machine isn't exactly full of references to Ballycran  :P  thanks

goldenyears

played for liatroim against the harps on monday night and i thought he was excellent - if he hadnt played they would never have won. caught some great ball and was v good on the ball, drove them forward on every occasion, and on the back of that performance i dont see how he isnt on the county panel, esp given the alternatives to dan gordon for tis weekend....

any thoughts? i wud have him in the team

whyarerefssobad

with all due respect game against the harps is hardly the same as playing against wexford he has been tried and tested and it never happened for him i think if Dan does not play Paul Murphy should be the man do you think if Murphy had played the other night would your man been as good
always look on the bright side

spiritof91and94

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on July 30, 2008, 02:00:44 PM
with all due respect game against the harps is hardly the same as playing against wexford he has been tried and tested and it never happened for him i think if Dan does not play Paul Murphy should be the man do you think if Murphy had played the other night would your man been as good

Any predictions for the Minor quarter finals tonight?

stiff breeze

Quote from: general on July 30, 2008, 11:12:20 AM
any report on the glenn mitchells game Minus15??

mitchells for div 4??

surely you should know general !!! Are you not the keeper of 1 of the teams mentioned?

Square Ball

Minor Championship

Bredagh beat An Riocht tonigh by a score of 3-13 to 3-7 in Cherryvale.

any other scores from the other minor championship games?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

miss mess

Longstone beat Castlewellan by 2points

BRIDGE LAD

Kilcoo and Bridge match draw, bridge very lucky in the end! last min stuff.  Too many managers along the line!

general

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 30, 2008, 06:00:16 PM

mitchells for div 4??

surely you should know general !!! Are you not the keeper of 1 of the teams mentioned?

indeed but im looking to know what happend in the game as im currently on holidays!

BRIDGE LAD

stiff breeze

Quote from: general on July 30, 2008, 09:44:04 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on July 30, 2008, 06:00:16 PM

mitchells for div 4??

indeed but im looking to know what happend in the game as im currently on holidays!

heard it was a shite match and glenn did just enough to win it. Ah your on holidays, that explains why some1 remarked " that glenn keeper has lost about 4 stone since the last time I saw him play"

In the Onion Bag

Drumdrumite.  Thanks for the acknowledgement.

These things do not happen overnight esp in a Co Down club based in Belfast.  It has taken a decade of concerted work to first of all attract our youth to GAA games before even suggesting they might achieve something at county level.

Many individuals have played their part in this and deserve credit for sticking to the task.  A Minor level victory over a club with the youth pedigree of An Riocht is a real achievement for us.  Managers Damien Canavan, Paul Doran, Maurice Rooney & Seamus O'Hara deserve great credit for this team. 

Who knows, they may even go further in this championship.  An Riocht would have rightly expected to so why not Bredagh?

BRIDGE LAD

Sorry to dampen your spirits onion bag, but An Riocht actually aren't that strong this year at this level, first time in years, they are rightly down the South Down league at the moment! But none the less still a good win for your club, semi final of a minor championship! Well done to all involved, maybe see Bredagh in division 1 in years to come! ::) ::)

Down Gael

Down "POWERADE" Minor "A" Football Championship
Resuts
Seomrogai an Iuir 0-05 Ath Bhriain 2-19
Noamh Eoin Bosco 0-08 Cluain Diamh 0-07
Bredach 3-13 An Riocht 3-07
Cill Chua 2-12 Droichead Mhaigh Eo 2-12

Down "POWERADE" Minor "B" Football Championship
Resuts
An Ghleann 2-13 Loch an Oilean 1-10
An Cloch Fhada 0-11 Caislean an Mhuillin 0-09
Ceathru Aodh Dhuibh 4-15 Noamh Colmans 1-07