Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Dupe

Fully agree Brick Tamlin.

I will be surprised if that is the team that lines out tomorrow.  Regarding the McComiskey situation, i would say be ready for a surprise tomorrow.  A number of positional and personnel changes from that listed will be on show when the team lines out.

Our Nail Loney

Is Rooney fully recovered and ready for county action??

Naomh Pol CLG

Offaly 2-10 - 5-19 Down ...Easy enough by the result..We were well up at half time 0-4 to 3-12..

Any Reports?

DownFanatic

McComiskey is out of action for the forseeable future. He'll not play again this season.

Down Gael

The Down subs warmed up at half time yesterday, in a small part of the field that wasnt over run by kids. During the sprints McComiskey was comfortably quicker than anyone else. You could see that he was holding back, but he was easily quickest.

Our Nail Loney

I don't think they should be pushing him or pressuring hmi at all

Down Gael

He didnt seem under pressure, he looked very comfortable and it was only a couple of short sprints. Thankfully he wasnt needed.

Our Nail Loney

Aye good job he wasn't needed!! I just think that maybe they should let him rehabilitate. What is the seriousness of this injury, have heard very conflicting reports about it

the milkman

Very impressed with 1st half yesterday, with 2nd being a non contest really! Offaly were awful though.

Luke Howard, big dan, hughes and Benny were prob. the best on show!

Laois next tough but def. not impossible

Super Dupe

Great result on Saturday evening.
Down absolutely tore them to shreds in the first half.  Offaly were very naive though.  They basically left Coulter one on one in the first half and he will destroy anybody in that situation, especially with good first time ball coming into him.
Defensively we are still a bit suspect, although in fairness the 2 goals against us came after Ross had made 3 changes in the defence.

Against Laois, i think they will suit us.  They do not play the defensive blanket like Fermanagh/Armagh, and it will give our forwards more room to play.  It should be a high scoring encounter and i would hope we could come through by a couple of scores.

superblues

Quote from: Down Gael on July 20, 2008, 02:14:44 PM
He didnt seem under pressure, he looked very comfortable and it was only a couple of short sprints. Thankfully he wasnt needed.
dont think he was striped out was in the stand with doyle and the rest off the injured players must have been sexton you seen

Down Gael

I was pretty sure it was McComiskey and so were a few people beside us, but it could well have been Sexton, both similar size and frm a distance could look alike, but McComiske has a rather distinctive run and it did appear to be him  ???
Maybe I am getting old and need specs  :(

Brick Tamlin

specsavers indeed...it wasnt mc comiskey, he was in tracksuit and trainers, it was sexton for definite ye saw.

on the game itself, well it was good to get a win and good for our forwards to finally get the finger out albeit agaisnt crap opposition, but i dont think ye can take anything from that win at all really, would have preferred a tougher game and somehting to fight for. Worrying apsect was the concession of 2-10, and dont believe there is any excuse for conceding that much in a game that ye own from start to finish. Our defence was comical in last 15 mins. Maybe im harsh but frick it, id rather forget about saturday night and look forward with trepidation to this saturday. Last time we went down there we were brutal and played off the park in the 2nd half.

Dulaney

I'm new to the gaaboard but have always been a silent observer of the discussions taking place so i decided it was time to shite or get of the pot so i've just registered (so bare with me for any mistakes)
It was a strong performance by Down and although Offaly are weaker opposition i had heard quiet rumours by down fans who expected an Offaly win. It is a bit worrying that they still conceeded 2.10 but in a game like that its very easy to switch off and just coast out the remainder of the game. Boys like Howard and Murney are good defenders if not maybe just lacking experience.
As regards Laois, put simply i think the winner of the match will be who dominates at midfield be it fielding the ball or picking up the breaks!! Dan and ambrose have been strong this year but Laois have a big midfield also!! as someone said...it'll be difficult but its not impossible

BRIDGE LAD

Yea McComiskey definitely in stand! Any word on Ambrose?