Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Gael

Mo, take them with you tomorrow, there are always people looking for tickets on the day. We went to Omagh only to realise that we had left our tickets on the kitchen table. There were no tickets for sale on the day and we had a bit of bother getting some.

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 27, 2008, 11:32:48 PM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on June 27, 2008, 11:27:00 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on June 27, 2008, 10:51:51 PM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on June 27, 2008, 10:25:59 PM
St Michaels 0-9 St Pauls 2-07...Terrible game, but we are happy to come away from Magheralin with the points, it's a tough place to play football!!
Yous boys must be one of the most improved teams of the season. Never came out of St Micheals within 5 points of them, very difficult place to pick up points.
Yep its the Finns first points of the season, their third overall, big result for them

Thanks man...We have been working hard.  Nothing won yet, but it's nice to be looking up to see who we can catch instead of looking down to see who we need to get away from!!

you reckon frank wilson has a big part to play in your improvement? good as yous are getting your not at bredagh standard yet ;)

For sure, Frankie has brought professionalism to the club...And a zero tolerence for anything less than perfection!!!

He is the main reason why we are showing great improvement on last season, and is 200% better than last seasons coach!

Naomh Pol CLG

ACFL DIV 3

PL     Points
  Ard Ghlais                    14    23 
  An Ghlasdromainn         14    21 
  Breadach                     14   20 
  Ceathrú Aodha Dhuibh  13    17 
  Droim Gath                  13   16 
  Droim an Easa              14   15 
  Naomh Pól                   14   13 
  Naomh Michil                14   12 
  Gleann                         14   11 
  Sabhall Padraig              14   10 
  Tí Chonnachta              14    9 
  Naomh Eoin Bosco         14    7 
  Misteiligh an Iuir            14  6 

dundrumite

Mo whats up with Bosco this year, yous got lots of injuries or what??? Was expecting you boys to be at the other end of the table.

behind the wire

well lads im still stateside but would much rather be in clones on sunday. hope to watch the game in tir na nog bar in philadelphia. all the best to the lads.

i see the clann have been going great since i headed away, maybe should stay away a while longer.

someone post a match report for me in case the pub doesnt show it.

cheers
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Square Ball

Next lot of fixtures

Fixtures Monday 30th 7 30
ACPRL Div 1
An Riocht v Downpatrick
Liatroim v Kilcoo
Bryansford v Clonduff
Burren v Mayobridge
Castlewellan v Rostrevor
ACPRL Div 2
Bredagh v Annaclone
Ballymartin v Tullylish
Kilclief v Loughinisland
Carryduff v Warrenpoint
Longstone v Saval
Tuesday 1st July (7 30)
ACHL Div 1
Ballycran v Bredagh
Ballygalget v Kilclief
Liatroim v Portaferry
Ballela v Shamrocks
ACHL Div 2
Portaferry v Clonduff
Castlewellan v Ballygalget
Warrenpoint v Ballyvarley
ACFL Div 3
Glenn v St Pauls
Thursday 3rd July (7 30)
ACFL Div 1
Ballyholland v Saval
Castlewellan v Clonduff
Longstone v Liatroim
Rostrevor v Loughinisland
Burren v Mayobridge
An Riocht v Kilcoo
ACFL Div 2
Annaclone v Clann na Banna
Kilclief v Darragh Cross
Downpatrick v Ballymartin
Tullylish v Shamrocks
Dundrum v Attical
Bryansford v Warrenpoint
ACFL Div 3
Carryduff v Bosco
Glasdrumman v Saul
Ardglass v Teconnaught
Bredagh v Drumaness
St Micheals v Drumgath
ACFL Div 4
St Johns v Bright
Aughlisnafinn v Aghaderg
Friday 4th
ACFL Div 4
Dromara v Ballykinlar
Sunday 6th July
ACPRL Div 1 (2 00)
Rostrevor v Downpatrick
Clonduff v Liatroim
Kilcoo v Castlewellan
Burren v Downpatrick
Mayobridge v An Riocht
ACPRL Div 2
Saval v Kilclief
Loughinisland v Ballymartin
Tullylish v Longstone
Carryduff v Annaclone
Warrenpoint v Bredagh

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Corporal

Can someone tell me who the No 30 for Down was at yesterday's match? He was really tanned. Dont have a clue who he is or who he plays for.

off the laces

Quote from: The Corporal on June 30, 2008, 10:37:52 AM
Can someone tell me who the No 30 for Down was at yesterday's match? He was really tanned. Dont have a clue who he is or who he plays for.
Why did you like the look off him corporal is it tanned boys you go for ;D
Keeps 'er' straight

Down Gael

There were only 29 named in the programme. Would it have been Hugh Davey? I didnt see a number 30 yesterday.

The Corporal

Aye thought it was Hugh Davey but had to look twice as it looked like Aaron Davey that plays AFL. How the hell can he get into the county set-up when he hasnt even been in the country? There are players playing well week in week out in Div 1 and yet the managers bring him onto the panel. Must be DJ's decision.

kumquat

I thought it was mc kernan wearing No. 30. He came back on after getting a bloody mouth and had to change his shirt coz the original one was covered in blood. I could be wrong though  ::)
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Down Gael

McKernan came back on wearing No.31

Super Dupe

That league table comparing this year and last year is an interesting one.

A lot of teams are very similar in terms of points and position.  Probably only An Riocht (13 points 2007  2 points 2008) and Liatrom (9 points 2007  3 points 2008) show a real change in fortune.   It illustrates how Mayobridge are ahead of the rest, despite people wishing otherwise, even without county men they maintain their ability to win games.
It also shows the effect of other teams missing county players.  Longstone, Burren and Loughinsland, all climbed the table last year after getting their county men back, and will prob do the same this year, while Kilcoo take advantage of having no county men (no disrespect meant) to keep on the Bridge's heels.  I think it shows the value of playoffs in Division 1 at least as teams do fare differently without their county men.

On the match yesterday, it was dissapointing to lose, but in fairness we never looked like doing anything else.  We kept goint, kept working hard, kept battling, but never looked like winning.  Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say we were beaten by the better team, and i think we were.  However, it has been a while since we could truly compete with Armagh in championship football.  We did yesterday so the tide is changing.

spiritof91and94

Obviously changes are required in the forward line and we need scoring forwards, Ronan Sexton has ran his course it isnt working for him although he is a honest player, Ronan Murtagh isnt going to get the necessary scores to turn a game and Danny Hughes needs to rediscover his McKenna Cup form. John Clarke isnt a corner forward.
Benny and Ambrose need to be built around, would Clarke be a better man on the square and use him like his name sake from Armagh?
Two forwards who need brought in straight away are Michael Walsh and Conor Maginn both will get scores and will win the ball.
Number 30 against Tyrone was Conor Gribben.

back off the net

just not good enough to  beat armagh men against boys