Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Sorry Mr Dundrumite, read that too quickly when laughin....I remembered your man sayin that on friday and I made a comment that maybe he shouldnt throw his house on ballymartin as it would cause mass devastation with the loss of many lives....then when he said he was homeless I laughed harder again :D  Anybody else gettin very excited about clones on sunday yet?!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Dannymcfella

Your secrets are safe with me ;D

DownFanatic

Latest Down ACFL Division 2 Table

Played     Points

Bryansford            10           20
Banbridge             10           14
Warrenpoint         10           13
Atticall                 10            13
------------------------------------------------
Ballymartin            10            13
Annaclone             10           10
Shamrocks            10            10
Downpatrick          10            8
-----------------------------------------------
Darragh Cross         10            8
Kilclief                    10           5
Tullylish                  10           4
Dundrum                10           2

Next Round of Fixtures

Warrenpoint v Darragh Cross
Clann na Banna v Atticall
Shamrocks v Ballymartin
Bryansford v Kliclief
Annaclone v Dundrum
Tullylish v Downpatrick

centre 3/4s

Are the ford really that much better than the other teams in this league as the table suggests? Could they be concidered as possible championship contenders?

Dannymcfella

Quote from: centre 3/4s on June 24, 2008, 08:12:58 PM
Are the ford really that much better than the other teams in this league as the table suggests? Could they be concidered as possible championship contenders?

They are alot better, we run them closer than any1 else as far as i know and i got the impression the could have stepped it up another gear if they had of wanted.

Whitehair

ACHL Div1

Ballela 2.10 Kilclief 1.12

The match was a real four pointer leaving us on 6points while Kilclief are still pointless. Good to get a win after a few heavy demoralising defeats in the last few weeks. From the away match between us we were missing Dan Mc Cusker, Mal Magee and Danny Doran with Kilclief missing Ciaran Sloan and Niall Conway, vital players for both terms but it was a good tough match which could have ended a draw had Fintan Conway converted a last minute free. We lead 2.8 to 0.5 at half time albeit with the aid of a strong wind blowing down the pitch. Kilclief were very lucky to finish with 15, our full back and their full forward had their usual battle which as always contained striking, punching, blood, cards and a few stitches tonight.

Lecale2

Other results from Div 1 hurling -

Portaferry beat Ballycran
Ballygalet beat Shamrocks
Liatroim beat Bredagh

2 horse race at the top between Liatroim and Portaferry. Bredagh/Kilclief/Ballela trying to avoid relegation.

Whitehair

QuoteBredagh/Kilclief/Ballela trying to avoid relegation

Wats the craic with relegation, bottom team goes down or bottom 2 playoff? No chance 3 rounds of fixtures will be played as stated in the County handbook, probably do well to get 2 rounds completed.

Think Ballycran beat "The Mighty Reds of Ballyvarley" :P by 7 in Ballyvarley.

Lecale2

The bottom team is supposed to go down but they make it up as they go along so anything could happen. The 3rd Rd of fixtures are a joke. Imagine trying to play hurling on a Tueday evening in September?

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 24, 2008, 10:23:17 PM
Other results from Div 1 hurling -

Portaferry beat Ballycran
Ballygalet beat Shamrocks
Liatroim beat Bredagh

2 horse race at the top between Liatroim and Portaferry. Bredagh/Kilclief/Ballela trying to avoid relegation.

Shamrocks couldn't get the better of our lads even with a spare man for 50 minutes of the game, think there was roughly 7 points in it at the end. i'm sure they struggle to get a team over for an evening game as much as we struggle to get 15 over to Newry.

As for relegation/promotion, i think it's really up to the club themselves if they want to go down if they don't think they're competitive and want to go to Div 2. Likewise the winners from Div2 can decide whether to stay there or go up, well it has been in the past.

The Ports are running away with that league but they're playing a good few seniors who'll be expected to line out for their senior championship team later in the year, Ger Adair, Zelda, etc, so I don't know what they hope to gain out of it as no one in the Ards gives f**k for that league other than a bit of bragging rights.

amallon

Where is a good spot to go for a good feed on route (close) to Clones?  Is there anywhere else in Clones that does pub grub apart from the place beside the Paragon, it wasn't that good that last time I ate there. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Fíor Gael

Quote from: amallon on June 25, 2008, 11:54:18 AM
Where is a good spot to go for a good feed on route (close) to Clones?  Is there anywhere else in Clones that does pub grub apart from the place beside the Paragon, it wasn't that good that last time I ate there. 

A good feed would kill you mallon ;)

amallon

Theres a very easy comeback there but I'll leave it Fíor!  ;)
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

fred the red

the four seasons in Monaghan?

southdown

Cant wait for Clones, a great buss around that town