Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Dannymac, did you see everyone who was in the Belmont on Saturday. Not doubting you, but how can you be so sure?

Fíor Gael

Quote from: goldenyears on June 23, 2008, 10:27:47 AM
stiffbreeze, you are spot on - murtagh has worked his balls off in the last 2 games and picked up a fierce amount of break ball.

i hear that all county players apart from last week's starting 15 were allowed to play club football at the weekend

Agree that Murtagh has worked his balls off but I feel that if Down are to beat Armagh we need to see a bit more class from Murtagh, while his work rate has been excellent, his vision and shot selection have been quite poor. I expect him to improve greatly and Hope he cuts loose, a big game from Murtagh is key to victory.

Brick Tamlin

regarding Ryan Mallon apparently words to the effect of " you wont be scoring 1-02 against us the next time we meet" were uttered while repeatedly stamping on his knee while he lay on the floor.

championship should be fun, will the Point take revenge on the field of play, surely this will spur them on.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: corn02 on June 23, 2008, 12:44:35 PM
Dannymac, did you see everyone who was in the Belmont on Saturday. Not doubting you, but how can you be so sure?

Before it came out what happened a mate of mine who works in the bar said there was only 2 of our players who were there (2 of the young lads on te squad who would probably know the lad), he was lookin out to see was any of our players about since we have a game tonight and they shouldn't really have been drinkin. The names of the people who have been banded about as being involved probably have not been in the Belmont in a long many a year as the Belmont is a younger crowd.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 23, 2008, 01:05:47 PM
regarding Ryan Mallon apparently words to the effect of " you wont be scoring 1-02 against us the next time we meet" were uttered while repeatedly stamping on his knee while he lay on the floor.

championship should be fun, will the Point take revenge on the field of play, surely this will spur them on.
>:(

Can't see it being a factor as it will be clear by the time the championship comes around that it was none Clann na Banna lads of done this.

Brick Tamlin

Can't see it being a factor as it will be clear by the time the championship comes around that it was none Clann na Banna lads of done this.

i wouldnt count on it danny, even if it was "cleared" as you put it i dont think the Warrenpoint players will see it like that, and taking into the consideration the high profile that this has now got in the press etc this one could run for a while yet

Dannymcfella

Perhaps your right, but i wouldn't believe everything i read or hear regarding it!!

Bitta-Banter

Any word on any Down men heading of to America for the summer?

Whitehair

Have to say from what im hearing i'd have to agree with DannyMc about not believing everything you read in the papers and would ask people to keep an open mind about the fella's claims. Possibly he didnt tell "Daddy" the full version of events, but a version that would best suite!? Its a serious claim against Clann na Banna and Im sure we'll hear in the next few days if his claims can be proved or dismissed.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on June 23, 2008, 03:44:51 PM
Any word on any Down men heading of to America for the summer?

hopefully theyll be in croker come august!
The Boys in Red and Black are back

corn02

Is Coles ban not out in time for Sunday?

fred the red

stiff breeze

Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2008, 10:35:42 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on June 22, 2008, 10:19:19 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2008, 07:30:34 PM
Fixtures Monday 30th 7 30
ACPRL Div 1

An Riocht v Downpatrick
Liatroim v Kilcoo
Bryansford v Clonduff
Burren v Mayobridge
Castlewellan v Rostrevor
ACPRL Div 2
Bredagh v Annaclone
Ballymartin v Tullylish
Kilclief v Loughinisland
Carryduff v Warrenpoint
Longstone v Saval

saval and longstone fans will really like you!!

and what have I done?

my mistake sb , must learn to read properly 1 of these days

corn02

Is it not four weeeks from the incident?

stiff breeze

Quote from: corn02 on June 23, 2008, 05:32:48 PM
Is it not four weeeks from the incident?
four weeks from the appeal ( I think)