Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: Pangurban on June 10, 2008, 09:09:34 PM
Can the Bridge make an impact in Ulster, i seriously doubt it. Lets hope come Championship a new force emerges capable of giving it a lash

What hope do you give for any other Down club in Ulster if nobody has done in the last four years or going on current form seems to be capable of taking the SFC off the Bridge?

Pangurban

Hope springs eternal Dundrumite, the Bridge will have there day, as will Dundrum at some future time, we live in hope that whoever eventually succeeds the Bridge will be more robust, committed and competitive in Ulster. Have no idea why the Bridge are unable to make breakthrough, they are a good side but lack something

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: Pangurban on June 10, 2008, 10:43:30 PM
Hope springs eternal Dundrumite, the Bridge will have there day, as will Dundrum at some future time, we live in hope that whoever eventually succeeds the Bridge will be more robust, committed and competitive in Ulster. Have no idea why the Bridge are unable to make breakthrough, they are a good side but lack something

The bridge have come close on a few occasions losing to the eventual All Ireland champs both times. Prob two of the best teams ever to play in club football in Ulster and Ireland!  Its still not an ulster but no other team in Down wouldn't stand a chance in ulster at this moment. Mayobridge are unbeaten in the league this year without alot of key players at different times, Clonduff and Loughisland were two form teams also but the bridge beat them well with what i would call a seconds team. I'm not being arrogant with these points its just thats one of the main reasons why the Bridge haven't had an ulster, there is no competition for them at the present!
Oh ah PANGURBAN, what club are  you from? You really do not like Mayobridge at all, time and time again you slate the club and some of its players. Sounds like a bit of jealousy.
WE ARE THE ARISTOCRATS OF DOWN FOOTBALL AND WILL BE FOR A FEW YEARS TO COME. - Now that is arrogance! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Blue Island

Oh ah PANGURBAN, what club are  you from? You really do not like Mayobridge at all, time and time again you slate the club and some of its players. Sounds like a bit of jealousy.
WE ARE THE ARISTOCRATS OF DOWN FOOTBALL AND WILL BE FOR A FEW YEARS TO COME. - Now that is arrogance! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Would have to say Burren are probably the team who can lay claim to being the aristocrats of Down, having won the All Ireland twice and five ulsters. However, I would have no desire to get into juvenile hogan standesque argument, having played most teams this year I believe  the Bridge are still miles ahead of the pack. They beat us well, although we had our own problems with personal, but the final result would have been the same regardless.

Perhaps the Bridge's biggest problem in Ulster is lack of competitive games within their own county, to prepare them for the tough matches ahead.

Pangurban

Bridgelad point to one example where i have been critical, i have acknowledged that they are best team in Down and have been over the past 4 years. I am merely speculating as to why they have not been able to break the Ulster hoodo. As for critisizing any of their players, where do you get that from, i may have raised a query about Bennys role in Down set-up, but that was intended as a critizism of Down management, not Benny. I defy you to read my previous posts and find one example where i have slated the Bridge

No1

How nice of the county board to give us a reserve championship fixture on Sunday with our team mate playing in the Ulster Hurling final at the same time.  Tossers.

imdagaffer

Any Update on Gordan?

is the match def all ticket?

Cheers

Lecale2

Quote from: No1 on June 11, 2008, 09:22:58 AM
  How nice of the county board to give us a reserve championship fixture on Sunday with our team mate playing in the Ulster Hurling final at the same time.  Tossers.

Has Rosie jacked in the hurling No 1? I hear your new football manager isn't keen on dual players. He was MOM against Portaferry a couple of weeks ago.  Will you be in McCoy's on Saturday for a few?

D4S

I have to disagree that Mayobridge are miles ahead of the rest in Down...They only drew with rostrevor with a last gasp goal by Sexton last year, fair enough they hammered them in the replay but it shows how close any team can get to them on any given day.  Longstone drew with them in the final and I think Mayobridge thought they would win the replay easy but just held on by 2points with neither team performing well.  I would like to see another team win this year....any team but Burren:)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

No1

QuoteHas Rosie jacked in the hurling No 1? I hear your new football manager isn't keen on dual players. He was MOM against Portaferry a couple of weeks ago.  Will you be in McCoy's on Saturday for a few?

He trained with the footballers last Tuesday instead of playing a hurling match against Shamrocks.  To be honest he has jacked both codes in at different times this year, this week it is the hurling.  He is also back on the sauce after 8 months off it!  Got a number for a sports psychologist?  ::)

I wouldn't say our football manager (who has been in charge for a couple of years) is anti dual player at all.  Obviously his first priority is his own team but I can honestly say I haven't noticed any bias.  Players are very much left to make up their own minds.  Finty (when Jingo lets him play) and Rosie are two of our main men on the football team.

No McCoy's on Saturday, there are a crowd of us heading to Liverpool on Friday until Sunday morning for a stag.  If we can get our reserve game re arranged I'll maybe seeya at Casement for a celebratory pint on Sunday!

fred

last time in newry, checked out the st. john bosco social club, great spot for a pre match pint. craic good and just 5 mins from pitch.

redandblackjack

The social club at the ground will be open before the games and afterwards for a celebratory pint  ;D

Lecale2

Quote from: fred on June 11, 2008, 11:59:31 AM
last time in newry, checked out the st. john bosco social club, great spot for a pre match pint. craic good and just 5 mins from pitch.

How will you get from Bosco to the Marshes in 5 minutes Fred? Helicopter?

The Independent in Kilmorey St is a good spot before a game.

I'll be in the Casement Club on Sunday No 1. Hopefully we have something to celebrate!

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

Great memories Mallon, hope you will be editing in october again :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"