Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

off the laces

Quote from: No1 on June 04, 2008, 09:09:03 AM
QuoteQuote from: off the laces on June 03, 2008, 03:35:48 PM
Quote from: SCENTOFSAM on June 03, 2008, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on June 03, 2008, 12:25:37 PM
Who's the ex-Saul player No1? I heard there was talk of Donnie Ritchie moving down your way.

Shows some ambition for someone who was being touted for the county last year even though he's living in DPK!!!!

Donnan lives in annacloy although he is going with a girl from strangford

lives in Russell Park and has done so for a long time

I'd just like to clear something up.  Donie has moved to Strangford.

As for the jibe about ambition, I take it the implication is that the RGU would be a much better prospect for any ambitious player, what a load of balls.

Although the RGU stuffed us, the standard on view last Friday night would suggest that both teams are going nowhere fast.  Much of a muchness in my view.  Don't let your arrogance cloud your judgement though.

So what exactly is the criteria for transfers within the county these days i remember the furore when wee james found a caravan in burren, so what is it these days find a woman take her address and play for her club talk about pus*y whipped.
Donnie should go to dpk and at least get a crack at the senior championship, kilclief are going nowhere fast no minors coming through and typically infighting about training and favorites getting picked to start.
Keeps 'er' straight

Square Ball

Quote from: amallon on June 10, 2008, 09:24:42 AM
I can't confirm it but our secretary is taking names for tickets. 

same with us
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

No1

Quoteso what is it these days find a woman take her address and play for her club talk about pus*y whipped.
Donnie should go to dpk and at least get a crack at the senior championship, kilclief are going nowhere fast no minors coming through and typically infighting about training and favorites getting picked to start. lets face it no matter where donnie goes he will always be an outsider and with his temper will throw the head up pretty quick.

I have tried not to bite but I can't let that go.

Where to start with that bullshit?  I am sure Donie can answer for himself regarding his relationship, just as I am sure you will bring it up next time you meet him face to face.  At the same time you can probably discuss his temper.

Your views on our juvenile set up and "typical infighting" are laughable, I'd love to know where you are getting your info from.  Someone is winding you up buddy.  "Favourites getting picked", do me a favour!  There is not a club on the island that hasn't had some clown express that view.

I think it's time you f**king wised up and caught yourself on.  Great result against St Michaels by the way.  :D

No1

QuoteWhat did you think of the game on Friday night No1?

Poor enough stuff DF.  Not much between the two teams.  A wee bit of experience probably swung it for us.  Rosie Sloan was the main difference, he cleaned your full back and got some lovely scores. 

When you boys got it back to a point in the second half you seemed to run out of ideas and steam.  I don't think the Bryansford lads will be having too many sleepless nights about either of us!  ::)

upthehoops

Quote from: off the laces on June 10, 2008, 09:58:53 AM
Who's the ex-Saul player No1? I heard there was talk of Donnie Ritchie moving down your way.

Shows some ambition for someone who was being touted for the county last year even though he's living in DPK!!!!

As for the jibe about ambition, I take it the implication is that the RGU would be a much better prospect for any ambitious player, what a load of balls.

Although the RGU stuffed us, the standard on view last Friday night would suggest that both teams are going nowhere fast.  Much of a muchness in my view.  Don't let your arrogance cloud your judgement though.

So what exactly is the criteria for transfers within the county these days i remember the furore when wee james found a caravan in burren, so what is it these days find a woman take her address and play for her club talk about pus*y whipped.
Donnie should go to dpk and at least get a crack at the senior championship, kilclief are going nowhere fast no minors coming through and typically infighting about training and favorites getting picked to start. lets face it no matter where donnie goes he will always be an outsider and with his temper will throw the head up pretty quick.
#
There is no point saying donnie should go to DPK/Teconnet or wherever if he has no desire to do so and it would be churlish of these clubs to stand in the way of a transfer just for the sake of it even if it brings the parish/community aspect of the association to the level of local soccer leagues where guys hawk their services round the place season by season.
Why would clubs who are nurturing their own youth teams properly, bring in someone whose heart may or may not be 100% in the club with the result the up and coming players who have a long term future get pissed off

behind the wire

Quote from: upthehoops on June 10, 2008, 11:02:10 AM
Quote from: off the laces on June 10, 2008, 09:58:53 AM

#
There is no point saying donnie should go to DPK/Teconnet or wherever if he has no desire to do so and it would be churlish of these clubs to stand in the way of a transfer just for the sake of it even if it brings the parish/community aspect of the association to the level of local soccer leagues where guys hawk their services round the place season by season.
Why would clubs who are nurturing their own youth teams properly, bring in someone whose heart may or may not be 100% in the club with the result the up and coming players who have a long term future get pissed off

typical soccer attitude.

anyway, these tranfers have been happening for years. ask tullylish or annaclone, they can fill you in on the ins and outs of the process.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

DownFanatic

Quote from: No1 on June 10, 2008, 10:57:01 AM

Poor enough stuff DF.  Not much between the two teams.  A wee bit of experience probably swung it for us.  Rosie Sloan was the main difference, he cleaned your full back and got some lovely scores. 

When you boys got it back to a point in the second half you seemed to run out of ideas and steam.  I don't think the Bryansford lads will be having too many sleepless nights about either of us!  ::)

I would agree with that. You's had a number of experienced players that kept their cool towards the end of the game. I thought our poor fitness levels caught up with us in the 2nd half. Both teams will just have to keep plugging away.
I heard at the game that you's are losing Ricky Kerr to Australia. He looked impressive on Friday night.It will be a big loss.
Funny enough, the best player on the pitch was a Dundrum man. Just a pity he was playing for Kilclief.

PS. In regard to transfers I see that John Fegan has transferred back to Rostrevor from Downpatrick and Jarlath Austin is now playing for Liatroim after leaving Rostrevor.

upthehoops

typical soccer attitude.
???? where

No1

Ricky heads away tomorrow DF, another squad member is heading with him.  Big loss alright, fair play to him though he owes us nothing.  Maybe his mate at Collingwood can get him a game for their ressies!

Don't think Scully would appreciate being called a Dundrum man, although with that beard yiz are welcome to him.  ;D

behind the wire

Quote from: upthehoops on June 10, 2008, 11:25:28 AM
typical soccer attitude.
???? where

maybe i picked you up wrong but i thought that you said clubs shouldnt stand in the way of players moving, that if they want to move let them. thats a soccer attitude. maybe i got it wrong.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

off the laces

Your views on our juvenile set up and "typical infighting" are laughable, I'd love to know where you are getting your info from.  Someone is winding you up buddy.  "Favourites getting picked", do me a favour!  There is not a club on the island that hasn't had some clown express that view.

Great result against St Michaels by the way.  :D
[/quote]
No. 1 if one person tells you, you take it with a pinch off salt but five or six telling you the same story all (kilclief senior panellists) then you start to take notice.

Having watched the Saul game they where deservedly beaten on the night, it has to have been the worst performance from the men in BLUE and GOLD in years,but at least they know they have 20+ members who will put their head down and try and improve the situation and pull together.

Df i see duns starting to be taught a fast lesson, to say Saul punched above their weight was an understatement but they learn't fast and pulled together to get a result or two on the bounce, at the minute not sure if you have the panel to cope what with suspensions,injury's and county commitments.
Keeps 'er' straight

DownFanatic

Df i see duns starting to be taught a fast lesson, to say Saul punched above their weight was an understatement but they learn't fast and pulled together to get a result or two on the bounce, at the minute not sure if you have the panel to cope what with suspensions,injury's and county commitments.
[/quote]

Yes, we are struggling at the moment but there is a simple solution - hard work!

off the laces

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 10, 2008, 11:56:59 AM

Yes, we are struggling at the moment but there is a simple solution - hard work!
[/quote]
Why not go down the Kilclief route and pick up a couple off players and give an oul address here and there  ;) ;) ;D
Keeps 'er' straight

Whacker

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 10, 2008, 11:17:45 AM
Quote from: No1 on June 10, 2008, 10:57:01 AM

PS. In regard to transfers I see that John Fegan has transferred back to Rostrevor from Downpatrick and Jarlath Austin is now playing for Liatroim after leaving Rostrevor.

Wow thats a massive coup for Rostrevor  ::)

D4S

Any thoughts on the senior championship for 2008? Are Mayobridge going to make it 4 in a row? Who are the main challengers? Are Burren any better under their new expensive manager? Are Kilcoo ever going to live up to their potential? Can Longstone challenge the bridge again?  ;)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.