Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Division 2 seems to got off to a blistering enough start. Bryansford are going to have a very boring League campaign. They will wipe the floor with everyone and should be definites for promotion. Ballymartin should be knocking around there after a fine start. Banbridge continue to surprise while Annaclone and Atticall have had shaky enough beginnings. Kilclief, Shamrocks and Warrenpoint dont look to have improved much from last year while Darragh Cross have looked to step it up another notch. Downpatrick have had a nightmare start but I see that they are investing in youth. They may come good yet.
Ourselves and Tullylish seem to be struggling a bit. More so ourselves. We have lost three out of three (1-15 to 1-08 against Ballymartin, 1-14 to 0-14 against Atticall and 3-12 to 1-09 against Banbridge). I suppose it will take time to get adjusted to the tempo of Division 2 football.
PS.When is the next set of Starred fixtures scheduled for?

bridgegael

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 09, 2008, 05:34:47 PM
Quote from: amallon on May 09, 2008, 05:20:46 PM
Free pints too, thats just too generous!  :D

Anyone hear about this wonder kid Saval have?  Faloon.  He is supposed to have scored a real wonder goal against Longstone.  He's supposed to be the real deal.  Is he that good?

Have seen him play underage on a number of occasions , think he is still a minor. He is a very talented footballer no doubt about it. He is in the same cut as hughes was at that age only taller. one of his let downs is that he is very light but he is very quick and therefore gets alot of frees. Has a bit of an attitude but hopoefully as he is with a div1 side that can be stomped out of him. Definately one for the future. from what i ve heard johny hughes and cathal donnelly are playin brilliant stuff this year surely could do with a chance for the county, especially donnelly.

i don't thonk cathal would be fit for county football, from what i hear he's hanging the boots up soon.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

southdown

Could the Ballyholland posters tell me if Rory Mulvaney has joined yous from Bosco?  If so how is he getting on

bridgegael

Quote from: southdown on May 10, 2008, 03:02:14 PM
Could the Ballyholland posters tell me if Rory Mulvaney has joined yous from Bosco?  If so how is he getting on

i can't understand why someone would move from one newry club to another newry club!! :)
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Our Nail Loney

I heard both Rory and his wee bro Niall moved to Ballyholland....

Plus in response to the person saying bout McAreavey and Mccartan in the monaghan match, eyah that was a mix up, johnm started wing forward and scored one point, heard from the horses mouth.

Johnnie99

Dromara 1.6 St Johns 3.11 from Friday nights game.

Pangurban

Has no-one any comment to make re. the Co. Board paying £ 400,000 for a piece of land without even outline planning permission. Or the fact that the same piece of land is now worth much less due to fallen prices. I would have thought that such clever, bold, forward thinking iniatitive by our administrators was worthy of some recognition and applause. After all its not easy being so stupid, but they have perfected the art.

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: Pangurban on May 11, 2008, 02:33:39 AM
Has no-one any comment to make re. the Co. Board paying £ 400,000 for a piece of land without even outline planning permission. Or the fact that the same piece of land is now worth much less due to fallen prices. I would have thought that such clever, bold, forward thinking iniatitive by our administrators was worthy of some recognition and applause. After all its not easy being so stupid, but they have perfected the art.

I don't think this is anything to lambast the county bpard about. Planning pernmission will be got. As for the price, who would have had the foresight to see what had now happened and that includes all the developers who were paying top dollar for sites all over the place.
I would be more concerned about the appointment of a full time secretary to the county at salary of @ £44k. This has been kept very low on the radar to avoid obvious concerns.

amallon

Where is the ground thats been bought?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

Is it the land in Bryansford?

SCENTOFSAM

Yes seemingly its the land around Burrenbridge still in Bryansofrd parish/catchment area

5 Sams

Tues 13th May 7 30
ACHL Div 1
Portaferry v Ballycran
Shamrocks v Ballygalget
Bredagh v Liatroim
Kilclief v Ballela
ACHL Div 2
Warrenpoint v Ballycran
Castlewellan v Ballyvarley
Ballygalget v Portaferry
Friday 16th May 7 30
ACFL Div 1
Kilcoo v Longstone(C Brannigan)
Saval v Rostrevor(L Morgan)
Clonduff v Burren(G Corrigan)
Liatroim v An Riocht(D Laverty)
Loughinisland v Ballyholland(N Morgan)
Mayobridge v Castlewellan(D Brogan)
ACFL Div 2
Warrenpoint v Downpatrick(M Devlin)
Clanna na Banna v Tullylish(E O Hare)
Daragh Cross v Dundrum(J Killen)
Ballymartin v Bryansford(A Grant)
Shamrocks v Annaclone(P Brannigan)
Attical v Kilclief(N Cousins)
ACFL Div 3
St Pauls v Teconnaught(E Mulvenna)
Drumaness v Saul(P O Rielly)
Drumgath v Bosco(B Rice)
Mitchels v Carryduff(P Preece)
St Micheals v Glasdrumman(D Moore)
Bredagh v Ardglass(G Tumelty)
ACFL Div 4
Aghaderg v Bright(L Smyth)
Ballykinlar v St Johns(P Mc Clorey)
Aughlisnafinn v Dromara(G Brannigan)
Sunday 18th May 2 00
Series 8
Div1
An Riocht v Castlewellan
Burren v Liatroim
Downpatrick v Bryansford
Rostrevor v Mayobridge
Kilcoo v Clonduff
Div 2
Bredagh v Longstone
Carryduff v Ballymartin
Annaclone v Kliclief
Saval v Warrenpoint
Tullylish v Loughinisland

Note the changes to the ACPRL from the original fixtures posted here.
The Aristocrat Years

amallon

PangurBan - I'd imagine there is bound to be a clause in the deal that if planning isn't recieved then the deal is off.  Tesco bought Newcastle at a bad time too, even though they are one of the biggest companies in the UK and are bound to have some real bright sparks working for them who maybe should have seen the property crash coming. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Leo

Idle and inaccurate speculation based on a misinformed article in a Sunday paper is no proper basis for assessing the rights and wrongs of the land deal. I'd rather vse the facts from a relaible source.
Fierce tame altogether

goldenyears

the mulvaney's have been training with ballyholland but no transfer through yet