Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Ballygalget beat Bredagh 4-9 to 1-8. They scored 3 goals in tha last 10 minutes but were always in control.

behind the wire

clann na banna 1-12 downpatrick 1-08

good to get another win. tried our best to throw it away in second half. ref poor again, poor for both teams though, think it evened itself out over the course of the game.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

amallon

Thats a couple of great results Clan na Banna have had this season.  Beating Annaclone and now Downpatrick they look to be heading in the right direction.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

5 Sams

Quote from: amallon on May 06, 2008, 09:11:00 PM
The minor match tomorrow night is in Dromara.  Can anyone give me directions?

I'd imagine it would be a straight for you through Rathfriland Aidan. When you get into Dromara village you'd need to ask someone as I seem to remember the ground was hard enough to find. Just be careful who you ask ;)
The Aristocrat Years

stpauls

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 07, 2008, 10:44:02 AM

I'd imagine it would be a straight for you through Rathfriland Aidan. When you get into Dromara village you'd need to ask someone as I seem to remember the ground was hard enough to find. Just be careful who you ask ;)

if you are coming in from the Rathfriland side, you will need to take a right onto Bridge Road, just before you come into the village, and this then leads on to Castlewellan Road, which you will need to follow until you come over the crest of the hill and see the pitch directly in front of you!!

western exile

Dromara GAC in on the Castelwellan Road out of Dromara.
From Rathfriland go through Ballyroney and Moneyslane (neither a GAA stronghold  ;D ). The road will start getting hilly from there. Closer to Dromara, after Finnis chapel but before Dromara Village take a right (at the soccer club) onto Bridge road which leads onto the Castlewellan road. Dromara GAC is about another mile.  About 17-18 miles from Mayobridge.

lfdown2

Its the great management team square ball  ;)!I see u got sorted aiden only getting on here now!!

amallon

Ballyroney and Moneyslane??? Do I go into the square in Rathfriland and head down the road oppisite the union jack?  This road forks off to the right half way down the hill is this the one I need to be on?

lfdown2

thats the one then straight the whole way to dromara (straight through crossroads @ moneyslane)

amallon

Cheers its not a part of the world I know much about.

off the laces

Anyone got a result from Ardglass drumaness the other night???
Keeps 'er' straight

western exile

Quote from: amallon on May 07, 2008, 02:54:33 PM
Ballyroney and Moneyslane??? Do I go into the square in Rathfriland and head down the road oppisite the union jack?  This road forks off to the right half way down the hill is this the one I need to be on?

Correct. 

An Droim Bearach CLG  have been keeping the gaelic  games alive in those hills for a long time now, despite the community that surrounds them.

Square Ball

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 07, 2008, 02:03:45 PM
Its the great management team square ball  ;)!I see u got sorted aiden only getting on here now!!

where you in Cherryvale when they played Bredagh?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lfdown2

i was aye, helping out with them!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: bredaghgael on May 07, 2008, 01:44:55 PM
Bredagh's Div 3 game with Glenn is postponed due to the death of Patsy Owens father
of Bredagh Senior player Conor.RIP

Patsy Owens R.I.P - a Senior Championship winner with Bryansford in 1962 also won several league medals in that era.