Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umpire

With Chris and Ciaran Brannigan are brilliant forward with Timmy Hanna, Conor Gribben, Conor Maginn and Shane King in Bryansford up front. They should be too good for 2nd Diviaion and Castlewellan in Championship!!

buglebhoy

Down vrs Antrim U21 Championship

Down started off slowly, 2-1 for the first 15 mins. Colgan giving the ball away a lot and getting blocked down all the time along with other players. Magee got on scoreboad with a couple of almightly scores from far out!! Colgan after the first 15 mins was awesome throughout and although i havent been an admirer of the man to date, he dominated play. McComiskey was frightening last night, pacey, skilful and intelligent. How many did he score last night does anyone know?? must have been 5,6,7 from play?? Thought the whole team effort was excellent!! Full back line deserves a special mention for keeping CJ McGorty and the other 2 corner backs quiet with so much space infront!

Down Gael

Paul McComiskey scored 9 points last night, Ryan Kelly got the goal.

amallon

9 Points!  I must have been sleeping I would have guessed 5 or 6.

Does anyone else think that attendances have gone up since the new stand has been completed?  I'm guessing there was 3000 there last night.  I think many supporters like that extra bit of comfort and a roof over their heads. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

passedit

Any word yet on where the semi is?
Don't Panic

downredblack

Quote from: amallon on March 20, 2008, 12:54:05 PM

Does anyone else think that attendances have gone up since the new stand has been completed?  I'm guessing there was 3000 there last night.  I think many supporters like that extra bit of comfort and a roof over their heads.  

Attendeances have gone up for sure but that could be down to winning a few games as well as the stand . I for one have never been in it . I prefer to stand .

amallon

I prefer to stand myself but the terrace was closed last night
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Leo

Quote from: downredblack on March 20, 2008, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: amallon on March 20, 2008, 12:54:05 PM

Attendeances have gone up for sure but that could be down to winning a few games as well as the stand . I for one have never been in it . I prefer to stand .

I prefer to stand myself as I did with a small hardy crowd last night. The big crowd was in the stand as has also been the case at all Park Esler games this year which rather proves its own point. This is the memorial to the brilliant work of Club Down who for some mysterious reason have been allowed to go out of existence. County board should be tackled about this serios bit of mismanagement.
Fierce tame altogether

charlie stubbs

DOWN TYRONE U21 NEXT WED @ CASEMENT NOT SURE OF THROW IN WOULD IMAGINE 2000 THOUGH

Square Ball

Games this Monday at 1, YES 1

Fixtures: Monday 24th 1 00pm Throw in
> Division 3 Series 3
> Bosco v Carryduff Leo Smyth
> Saul v Glasdrumman G Tumelty
> Tecconnaught v Ardglass J Killen
> Drumaness v Bredagh M Curran
> Drumgath v St Micheals B Andrews

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3 RESULT

DRUMGATH 1-12
ST.MICHAELS 0-7

passedit

Teconnaught bt ardglass by a point
Don't Panic

mournerambler

Glasdrumman were beating Saul by 12 points when i left,look like they will be hard to stop this year under the watchful eye of Hugh Trainor.

In the Onion Bag

WERE GLASDRUMMAN AT HOME?  CERTAINLY NOW THE TEAM TO BEAT

ANYONE KNOW THE ST PAULS V GLEN RESULT?

Minus15

st pauls v glenn rearranged for sunday 6th april due to a wedding