Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangurban

Agree completely imagine, and because of this i believe we will see Benny fulfil his potential this year, and show himself as the great player he is, playing as a unit within a team.

rosskarr

Jeepers lads--heavy stuff but I suppose his behaviour may have more to do with PoR and  Ross at the start of his reign but hopefully things are better now in that regard.

Gaaboardmod3

BRIDGE LAD is on a warning for breach of Rule 1 - Personal Abuse, following a reported post.

Cheers
Mod3

amallon

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 02, 2008, 08:03:31 AM
Patrons attending the Down Sligo NFL game on Saturday evening are advised that there is no parking allowed on the A2 Duellcarriageway. Ticketing and clamping may be in operation.

Patrons are advised that there is parking prevision in Greenbank Industrial Estate. And after the match preference will be given for entry onto the roundabout for patrons parking in Greenbank.

The cops have finally decided to turn up to GAA games and they start enforcing stupid rules.  People have been parking on the dual carriageway for as long as I can remember without any problems. 

Imagine - Panguarban.  Benny just can't win with you two, if he has a great year you are going to put it down to him being "dropped" for the early part of the season to teach him a lesson.  If he plays crap it will be because he isn't the centre of attention.  How well do you know the fella???  If you knew the man even a little you wouldn't be pushing this vendetta you have against him.  Especially Panguarban...
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

bridgegael

hi lads whats all this personality craic and having to tow to line,  i'd be very interested to here such instances of him not playing as a team?  tell us all lads sayin as you 'know' the craic!!!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Lecale2

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 02, 2008, 10:01:26 AM
Quote from: amallon on February 02, 2008, 09:34:16 AM
The cops have finally decided to turn up to GAA games and they start enforcing stupid rules.  People have been parking on the dual carriageway for as long as I can remember without any problems. 

I will have a set of bolt cutters with me for the Rugby today, I`ll take them to Newry just in case.

Good man!

Class of 99

Coulter when fit will play no question and more than likely star. The thing is since he has been in the team he has been relied on too much. I think it is very important for the progression of the team that the players learn to play without him and take responsibility themselves to take scores like they have been doing in the MCkenna cup.
This will build conidence within the forward unit so when Benny does return we will have more options unlike the last 5 years or so when it appeared are only option was to hit coulter with a long ball or pass it to him when a score should have been taken instead.
This will free Benny up as well as teams will no longer double mark if they are having to watch other forwards as well thus leaving him the space to reek havoc and get us the goals he is more than capable of.

Lecale2

A real knight of the road! The 4th emergency service! Fair play to ye!

From RTE

'Superhero' takes on clampers

The self-proclaimed superhero operates in Louth, South Down and Dublin

Clad in a blue leotard and wielding a saw, a man claiming to be Ireland's first wheel clamp vigilante is offering his services to motorists.
5Times - a self-proclaimed superhero - patrols by night looking for unhappy drivers who have been clamped and then sets their cars free.

He promises to take on clamping firms and speed cameras on behalf of drivers.

An odd-job man by day, he claims to operate in Louth during the week and in Dublin or Newry at weekends.

A hotline number on his website offers a free wheel clamp removal service.

I for one am prepared to fight for what is fair and am making myself available to the public

5Times 

On calling, an answer phone message invites callers to "leave a message after the grinding sound".

The unnamed man, who wears a costume of gold boots and crotch-hugging pants over a blue leotard, said he was happy to take the risk.

"It's a public service," he says on his website.

"I for one am prepared to fight for what is fair and am making myself available to the public.

'Deeper malaise'

"I may not be able to single-handedly and totally cast off the repressive shackles of a corrupt government - but I can cut off your wheel-clamps for you."

He says he decided to go "full-time vigilante" in May this year.

"My obsession with wheel-clamping is actually a rebellion against a much deeper malaise," he said.

"Namely, the arrogant contempt that politicians hold for the people who put them into power, and whom they claim to represent."

A Garda spokeswoman said no complaint about wheel clamps being cut off had been made by either a clamping firm or a member of the public.

A spokeswoman for the PSNI said they could not investigate unless a crime was reported.

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

whyarerefssobad

Quote from: imagine on February 02, 2008, 01:45:45 PM
Patrons attending the Down Sligo NFL game on Saturday evening are advised that there is no parking allowed on the A2 Duellcarriageway. Ticketing and clamping may be in operation.

Patrons are advised that there is parking prevision in Greenbank Industrial Estate. And after the match preference will be given for entry onto the roundabout for patrons parking in Greenbank.

Imagine - Panguarban.  Benny just can't win with you two, if he has a great year you are going to put it down to him being "dropped" for the early part of the season to teach him a lesson.  If he plays crap it will be because he isn't the centre of attention.  How well do you know the fella???  If you knew the man even a little you wouldn't be pushing this vendetta you have against him.  Especially Panguarban...
I have no vendetta against Benny,I'm just stating what has seemed to the way of it as regards him and our Senior footballers.I'll be as loud as anyone in my praise of him where required but it's the same when it comes to criticism.
what do you mean i am just stating what seemed to the way of it regards him and our senior footballers
always look on the bright side

imagine

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on February 02, 2008, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: imagine on February 02, 2008, 01:45:45 PM

I have no vendetta against Benny,I'm just stating what has seemed to the way of it as regards him and our Senior footballers.I'll be as loud as anyone in my praise of him where required but it's the same when it comes to criticism.
what do you mean i am just stating what seemed to the way of it regards him and our senior footballers
Get over it and enjoy the match!

whyarerefssobad

no point in saying something and then you can not explain it you get over it  you are just listening to other people you dont have a clue
always look on the bright side

BRIDGE LAD

IMAGINE - You are just contradicting yourself man!
You really haven't a clue! What has Benny to toe the line for? What has he done wrong? Can you answer that one?

Pangburan, you've already been found out last week about Benny, so dont be jumping on him again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pangurban

A Mallon has accused me of waging a vendetta against Benny. I resent this as nothing could be further from the truth. If he would take the blinkers from his Eyes, he would see that in most of my posts on this subject i have acknowledged Bennys talent and his potential. A potential, which has not been realised yet, partly due to managements failure to properly utilise him, and partly due to his tendency to go for glory and try to win games on his own. Yes i have stated ,that to date i believe he has been over-rated , whilst at the same acknowledging his enormous potential to come good. I believe we are now in a healthier and more real situation, where Benny needs Down, rather than Down needs Benny. This will benefit the whole team including Benny. If everyone expessing an opinion on team tactics or a players performance, is to be accused of waging a vendetta, then little room is left for honest debate. I have stated my opinion, which i am prepared to stand by. It is only an opinion, given without malice towards Benny or any other individual, and i may possibly be proved wrong. If so i will happily acknowledge that

Mourne Rover

We all know there is a long way to go, but we have just won five games in the space of 18 days. I'm not sure if that has happened before in the history of Down football, and it's fairly clear than something is stirring. My only caution is that four of those five matches were at home and the other one was in front of an 80 per cent Down support at Casement Park. Next time out is away to Louth, which is not a long journey but a venue where we were well beaten a year ago. If we can get a result there, we will be in a stong position in this division.