Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: TheBarrel on June 06, 2023, 11:44:06 PM
When are the first rounds of the championships this year? Thanks

Usually early August

upandwin

Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 07, 2023, 09:25:30 PM
Can the club season please just end.....

Use are dreadful. That scoreline actually flattered the point tonight. Shadow of the team CPN have had in recent seasons. Don't think it's a transition period, it is the end of an era sorry to say.

True Blue

Quote from: upandwin on June 08, 2023, 02:17:25 AM

Use are dreadful. That scoreline actually flattered the point tonight. Shadow of the team CPN have had in recent seasons. Don't think it's a transition period, it is the end of an era sorry to say.

As dreadful as you say and I'm not making any excuses for our performance which was poor but, last night we were missing 12 players from our championship run to the final last year which might explain being a shadow of ourselves. With 7 injuries , 2 travellers 1 transfer & 2 county players we definitely are struggling in some matches. More disappointing is that the great CPN supporter JohnnyBoy should know we have these problems. Some more long term than short. But you take 12 starting players out of any team and you are going to struggle. To have 9 points at the half way stage and be mid table is an excellent return in the predicament we find ourselves IMO. Hopefully some of these 12 will be back before the league ends & Championship starts.
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

statto

Quote from: True Blue on June 08, 2023, 08:32:04 AM

As dreadful as you say and I'm not making any excuses for our performance which was poor but, last night we were missing 12 players from our championship run to the final last year which might explain being a shadow of ourselves. With 7 injuries , 2 travellers 1 transfer & 2 county players we definitely are struggling in some matches. More disappointing is that the great CPN supporter JohnnyBoy should know we have these problems. Some more long term than short. But you take 12 starting players out of any team and you are going to struggle. To have 9 points at the half way stage and be mid table is an excellent return in the predicament we find ourselves IMO. Hopefully some of these 12 will be back before the league ends & Championship starts.
Who was the transfer?

True Blue

The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

Square Ball

Quote from: True Blue on June 08, 2023, 08:32:04 AM

happily take your 9 points at half way stage. think 11 will be well safe given 3 on 2 points and I cant see two teams putting together a 5 win. Big game tomorrow night for us away to Bryansford a 4 pointer, not season defining for both clubs yet but a win will sure as hell help.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Johnnysboys

[/quote]

7 injuries - let's get that one sorted first - we may get Lynch and possibly Murdock back - we would be lucky if any others get back and would be in the latter stages of championship if that happens. 2 travellers - we ain't having them all season and one transfer explains itself.. why oh why do we always look at what we are missing instead of what we have?? The travellers will not play this year and I'm thinking 5 of the injuries won't either so are we going to put the whole season down to 7 players we absolutely knew we were never going to have?  Grow up.. every single club in this county are missing players in every single game through injury, travel etc but they don't harp on about it. 9 points is a poor return from 9 games if we are being honest and we are just lucky there are worse teams in the league than ourselves.

supersub

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on June 07, 2023, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: TheBarrel on June 06, 2023, 11:44:06 PM
When are the first rounds of the championships this year? Thanks

Usually early August

Usually late August

Ed Hardy

What's the story with McEvoy & Rooney playing for Kilcoo last night? Why would they be risked with Longford game so close?

the goal was on

laverty must be looking to keep kilcoo sharp too and not let county commitments hamper them

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Ed Hardy on June 08, 2023, 06:41:06 PM
What's the story with McEvoy & Rooney playing for Kilcoo last night? Why would they be risked with Longford game so close?

A risk that backfired with pictures of Ryan McEvoy going around in hospital after injury during the game. Might miss remainder of TC I heard..

TheBarrel

@supersub and @hard2listen2 thank you. I see Paddypower have odds released for the senior championship already but none for the intermediate or junior.

I usually observe the football from a distance but can't help but notice a few teams across each division underperforming based off league standings in recent years. Can anyone shed some light? Burren in division 1, Rostrevor in 2, Darragh cross and Tullylish in 3, and Ardglass in 4. Most of them have been competing in their respective championship finals or leagues in recent years

manwithnoplan

Quote from: TheBarrel on June 09, 2023, 12:00:44 AM
@supersub and @hard2listen2 thank you. I see Paddypower have odds released for the senior championship already but none for the intermediate or junior.

I usually observe the football from a distance but can't help but notice a few teams across each division underperforming based off league standings in recent years. Can anyone shed some light? Burren in division 1, Rostrevor in 2, Darragh cross and Tullylish in 3, and Ardglass in 4. Most of them have been competing in their respective championship finals or leagues in recent years

Burren possibly have their eyes on the championship, as there is little danger of relegation from div 1 for them. The number of county players they have has maybe led to a few below par results. Rostrevor in div 2 are probably in a realistic position given the teams above them have all been playing SFC for a number of years. In my opinion it's RGU that look to have slipped, as they are quite a distance off the pace now. Darragh Cross struggling is more of a surprise, they seem to have went backwards. Tullylish also have went downhill, though if you look through last year's results there were some close games against weaker sides. I believe a few injuries have caused them problems, with a small enough squad that can be a disaster. Ardglass seem to be sitting below the 5 teams relegated from div 3 last year, and they aren't far off them so again they are probably were they wanted to be at this stage. I think that league splits in two after one round, so a top 6 finish to play the better teams again ahead of the JFC should be the aim there.

Ed Hardy

Team for Longford

Kane
Doherty
Laverty
McCarthy
Collins
Magill
Guinness
Annett
Murdock
Doherty
McAleenan
Kerr
Gilmore
Havern
Branagan

statto

Quote from: Ed Hardy on June 09, 2023, 02:10:24 PM
Team for Longford

Kane
Doherty
Laverty
McCarthy
Collins
Magill
Guinness
Annett
Murdock
Doherty
McAleenan
Kerr
Gilmore
Havern
Branagan

Is there no other scoring forwards available for Down?  Gilmore has looked decent in past but just had feeling last weekend if havern or kerr dont score who will