Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandstorm

Look, let's get this out in the open once and for all. Redandblack and Johnny's boys don't really hate their county and I don't believe they want to see Down back in the mire. They clearly just hate Laverty and even I'd Down won the All Ireland, these begrudgers would be critical. As a matter of interest, how do you know how much it has cost to run the teams? To the best of my considerable knowledge the County board has not released any figures. So lads, lets put this to bed to or good. Admit you hate Laverty and let's move without your negative black pathetic input.

downtothecore

Off course they detest lavery sandstorm... it's very clear from their posts to date.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Sandstorm on May 07, 2023, 10:37:22 PM
Look, let's get this out in the open once and for all. Redandblack and Johnny's boys don't really hate their county and I don't believe they want to see Down back in the mire. They clearly just hate Laverty and even I'd Down won the All Ireland, these begrudgers would be critical. As a matter of interest, how do you know how much it has cost to run the teams? To the best of my considerable knowledge the County board has not released any figures. So lads, lets put this to bed to or good. Admit you hate Laverty and let's move without your negative black pathetic input.

I don't hate anyone - but this eulogising of Laverty has to stop. My god we win a game and he is the goat, best manager ever in our history. We play 15 men behind the ball and it's "clever Kilcoo tactics" but when Tally done it he was just a Tyrone bollox. We are actually like the English media about Harry Kane and Marcus Rashford when it comes to him - he can simply do no wrong. Regarding the money thing - someone in a previous post quoted £200k that's what I based my message on. And let's be honest - for Clarke. Morgan and Laverty - that figure is probably not far off the mark.

Sandstorm

'Clever Kilcoo tactics' won an All Ireland, don't underestimate them.  😊😊😊

Sandstorm

Clever Burren tactics won 2 All Irelands in the 1980s. You always neet clever tactics. Kerry didn't win all their titles without being Q-tours.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 07, 2023, 10:47:30 PM
Quote from: Sandstorm on May 07, 2023, 10:37:22 PM

I don't hate anyone - but this eulogising of Laverty has to stop. My god we win a game and he is the goat, best manager ever in our history. We play 15 men behind the ball and it's "clever Kilcoo tactics" but when Tally done it he was just a Tyrone bollox. We are actually like the English media about Harry Kane and Marcus Rashford when it comes to him - he can simply do no wrong. Regarding the money thing - someone in a previous post quoted £200k that's what I based my message on. And let's be honest - for Clarke. Morgan and Laverty - that figure is probably not far off the mark.

If I were you I would be less worried about the county senior management and be more concerned about the state of your club senior management. What is going on in the Point? The blues are becoming like Chelsea with a manager every few months. Who will try to steady that ship and Longstone will be licking their lips with them coming on Friday night. I know its early days but that's a massive game in the top flight for survival.

Nanderson

As Down fans if we were given the choice of all out attacking football, being known as the aristocrats of football again and probably losing more games than we win or playing a defensively solid counter attack style football (just like we see the likes of Kilcoo play at club level), be seen as a tough team to go away and play and build a system that allows us to compete in finals of Ulster and be a comfortable div 1 to top of div 2 team, i know what i would choose right now

befair

Lavery has done a good job so far; winning 2 Ulster U20s was a great achievement. The seniors have been less spectacular; as I expected the addition of the Kilcoo players hasn't greatly helped, most of them, apart from McEvoy, are squad players only, and looked out of their depth; it's a big jump from club to county level. Daryl Branigan was the one we really needed, but I guess that ship has sailed

Johnnysboys

Dabs is clever and realises he would be out of his depth at county senior level - hence never committing to it. Doc is most consistent from Kilcoo and is better than McEvoy at both club and county level. And never forget "Clever Kilcoo tactics" also brought them home silver on all Ireland final day and a few Ulster final days including 2022!!

CPN are in trouble - no point hiding the fact. A huge turnover of players particularly this season has led to a downturn in results. In normal seasons the young lads could get a chance in 5/6 games and if not up to it we could pick up enough points to be safe - but with 10 teams in the league and only 14 games remaining - it's going to be difficult.. lads going away to states etc doesn't help but can't fault them either. This is the time for panellists to step up and be counted - but will they?
Our games against the teams around us are massive: Stone, Bredagh, Bryansford - must win games and hopefully pick up a few points elsewhere.

snoopdog

Some very wise men on here. They know it all. Should've got them involved in the county set up.

Tipp v Down Is on before the Tipp Limerick munster championship game. Only terrace tickets available on gaa.ie tickers.

ardtole

I was going to give the tipp game a miss but limerick v tipp in the hurling after would be great to see.

dingle82

Didn't realise it was on before the Munster championship might head down myself be some match.

snoopdog

According to the fixtures on gaa.ie it is.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 08, 2023, 10:48:27 PM
Dabs is clever and realises he would be out of his depth at county senior level - hence never committing to it. Doc is most consistent from Kilcoo and is better than McEvoy at both club and county level. And never forget "Clever Kilcoo tactics" also brought them home silver on all Ireland final day and a few Ulster final days including 2022!!

CPN are in trouble - no point hiding the fact. A huge turnover of players particularly this season has led to a downturn in results. In normal seasons the young lads could get a chance in 5/6 games and if not up to it we could pick up enough points to be safe - but with 10 teams in the league and only 14 games remaining - it's going to be difficult.. lads going away to states etc doesn't help but can't fault them either. This is the time for panellists to step up and be counted - but will they?
Our games against the teams around us are massive: Stone, Bredagh, Bryansford - must win games and hopefully pick up a few points elsewhere.

CPN, Longstone, Bredagh and Bryansford will be a mini league in itself.

The Rostrevor and Shamrocks game is a huge one on Friday night as well.

dingle82

Thanks must look into it as heard it is heading to a 45,000 sell out even-though it is only a round robin match