Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 05, 2023, 11:14:26 AM
The atmosphere at Pairc Esler should be electric next week, and clubs should invite all youth teams to cheer on the players.

The county board should encourage more individuals to attend via the primary schools. It is something that Newry City frequently does.

For an under 20 game? Unlikely.

Truth hurts

Burren won the u19 league last night, and the talent they are developing is frightening.

Brick Tamlin

More frightening than the sheer amount of inane drivel you post on here daily?

skat man

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 06, 2023, 08:44:44 AM
Burren won the u19 league last night, and the talent they are developing is frightening.

how many teams entered?

Truth hurts

Square Ball

a very good game of football, fast and direct, yes a few periods of hand passing but all in all direct and some good long passing by both teams. we were in it to about the 50 min mark.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Johnnysboys

We beat Kilcoo in what was the quarter final stage and Burren absolutely hammered us in the semi finals. I thought we were decent and going the right way but they are a complete different level. Fair play to Bredagh for keeping it close for so long. There must be huge pressure on McCrory/Adams to win the championship this year.

downtothecore

I cant see anyone beating Burren this year.

Sandstorm

Truth hurts

Quote from: downtothecore on April 06, 2023, 07:57:58 PM

Senior, premier reserve and reserve championship doubles. Nothing else is failure for Jim .

Square Ball

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 07, 2023, 08:59:16 AM

Senior, premier reserve and reserve championship doubles. Nothing else is failure for Jim .
Sure throw in, Down, Ulster, All Ireland club championships as well while your at it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Truth hurts

Quote from: Square Ball on April 07, 2023, 10:04:39 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on April 07, 2023, 08:59:16 AM

Sure throw in, Down, Ulster, All Ireland club championships as well while your at it.

We won't go that far yet but they have a serious squad depth , its frightening the players at their disposal. Keeping them happy will be the hardest.

snoopdog

Down minors destroyed in Clones.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: snoopdog on April 08, 2023, 02:33:14 PM

Is it straight knock out or groups?

SHEEDY

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 08, 2023, 02:46:13 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 08, 2023, 02:33:14 PM

Is it straight knock out or groups?
groups. Derry, Donegal, Fermanagh and Monaghan in Down's group. Top 4 go through to quarter finals.
nil satis nisi optimum