Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

I'm told Michael Walsh will be togging out for London this spring.

Also Declan Morgan is the new manager of Saval.
Don't Panic

off the laces

So the joke that was the division 3 relagation mess is now sorted there will be 13 teams playing division 3 football with 3 being relegated. Why did we not just change the leagues around when it was talked about. Although why should they ask the clubs at all just go to the ccc and tell them to change the structures.
I know i for one was in favour of the change. I also hope the fixtures commitee get together and sort the fixtures this year and no 4 games in 10 days shit.
Keeps 'er' straight

passedit

I'm sure the six teams remaining in Division 4 feel valued and appreciated members of the association. It would serve the DCB right if Ballykinlar did merge with Dundrum. They should bite the bullet now, geographically split div 3 and bring up any of the six who want to come up (those who don't to the EDRL). A six team division is a complete joke.
Don't Panic

whyarerefssobad

they should put burren mayobridge kilcoo rostrevor and clonduff  seconds in div 4
always look on the bright side

Bacon

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on December 18, 2007, 08:16:39 PM
they should put burren mayobridge kilcoo rostrevor and clonduff  seconds in div 4
Are you joking? They would walk it!
I really think Ballykinlar & Aughlisnafin should play East Down for a couple of years until their standards improve. If the Finn are to carry on they need a youth set up.

The other 4 should join Div 3 and play it is 2 sections. A 6 team Div 4 league is a joke.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

passedit

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on December 18, 2007, 08:16:39 PM

Those teams would win by a cricket score every week (and most weeks in division three as well).

Kinlar and the fin would be better off in the EDRL for the time being (but playing on a Friday night against second strings and sunday afternoon against thirds), the other four would/could be competitive in three if they put the effort in.

Great minds eh Bacon. If its that obvious to us what about the DCB?
Don't Panic

whyarerefssobad

i know what yous mean lads but the premier reserve is not much better the teams i named get it tight against one an other and beat the rest easy they need to revamp the whole lower leagues
always look on the bright side

the milkman

Anyone at the game 2nite, what was the Down line up like? and who played well?

dundrumite

Quote from: off the laces on December 18, 2007, 04:18:43 PM
So the joke that was the division 3 relagation mess is now sorted there will be 13 teams playing division 3 football with 3 being relegated. Why did we not just change the leagues around when it was talked about. Although why should they ask the clubs at all just go to the ccc and tell them to change the structures.
I know i for one was in favour of the change. I also hope the fixtures commitee get together and sort the fixtures this year and no 4 games in 10 days shit.
Was at the east down convention and sean rooney spoke up to confirm that he would not be laying the fixtures the same as last year ie no 4 games in 10 days, however the leagues would be finishing off later in the year. common sense in my view

Bacon

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 17, 2007, 09:52:59 AM
New managers - Jody Gormley will be taking Bredagh footballers next season and former Antrim & Down manager, Sean McGuinness is taking the hurlers.

I've just seen this post from earlier in the week. 2 good appointments for Bredagh Lecale. I think Sean McGuiness was with Queen's last year. He also helps out his son who coaches Sarsfields. He'll certainly demand respect in the dressing room!

Signs of an ambitious club on both the football and the hurling sides.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

off the laces

Lecale did paddy heaney step down or get the boot.
Keeps 'er' straight

Lecale2

johnneycool

McGuinness is a good signing alright. He is a strong personality who'll line the team out well and varys his training well to keep it interesting. Are you now in 'Div1' in Down?

johnneycool

Quote from: imagine on December 19, 2007, 11:13:57 AM
Sean Mc Guinness will be up against men he managed in the 90's still plying their trade in the Ards 2nd teams.The language will be colourful
but a good apoointment all the same.

Not really barring Gazza if Ballycran regrade him and possibly Paul Coulter. McGuinness is more likely to see these men in the form of Danny Hogg and Lorenzo McMullan in his own changing room. All those other guys have retired.

He's more likely to be standing on the same sideline as some of them.

johnneycool

Quote from: imagine on December 19, 2007, 11:47:05 AM
Gazza and Paul Coulter.Is that all?The sea air around the Ards must be putting them out to graze early.

McGuinness' team in the early 90's were fairly seasoned by the time he took over and only Gerard McGrattan there was no real young blood who broke into the first 15, so it's not surprising that 10 to 15 years later none are lacing up the boots.