Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 11, 2022, 08:19:02 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on April 11, 2022, 09:06:41 AM
Better be true or else GAABoardMod5 is going to have a feckin field day

That this Down thread will be deleted permanently is high on the list of possibilities...
That's bit harsh can you not just delete the profiles of the u12s on here instead?

thewobbler

I've a cynical and impatient disposition and to be honest this stuff doesn't bother me at all. Would rather it went away but here if we have to put up with it to hear what's going on around the county, well then keep visiting takeaways lads.

wobbller

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 11, 2022, 08:19:02 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on April 11, 2022, 09:06:41 AM
Better be true or else GAABoardMod5 is going to have a feckin field day

That this Down thread will be deleted permanently is high on the list of possibilities...
Unless you are James McCartan or Aidan O'Rourke,who are probably the only ones that know what exactly happened at the weekend,are we not allowed to discuss rumours?

stiff breeze

GAABoardMod5

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: thewobbler on April 11, 2022, 09:12:00 PM
I've a cynical and impatient disposition and to be honest this stuff doesn't bother me at all. Would rather it went away but here if we have to put up with it to hear what's going on around the county, well then keep visiting takeaways lads.

You might be correct on this path...leaving any liability issues aside.  Just change the thread title to include unfounded rumours and opinions of eejits.

wobbller

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 11, 2022, 09:41:54 PM

You might be correct on this path...leaving any liability issues aside.  Just change the thread title to include unfounded rumours and opinions of eejits.
Only Lecale2 can change the Thread title I think.

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: wobbller on April 11, 2022, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 11, 2022, 09:41:54 PM

Only Lecale2 can change the Thread title I think.

Changed it

GAABoardMod5

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

wobbller

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 12, 2022, 01:55:44 AM
this is class  ;D
Class?No other County has the word gossip in it's main thread title but our Mod is worried about liability.🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  Is one of our or more of the alleged drinkers at the weekend going to sue because someone on here
said they were drinking beer when in fact they were drinking Cider???Jesus wept!

johnnycool

It's only football gossip, I deal in facts when it comes to hurling.

Making that abundantly clear.  ;)

As for lads having a drink during a training weekend, it happened when I was involved with the hurlers under Sean McGuinness and we were in Div1 at the time and I know from a few lads I got to know who were involved with the great Down football team of the 90's under McGrath and and a few years after with O'Rourke that they also had the odd session, so get over yourselves sitting behind keyboards whilst these young lads have busted their balls to get themselves into a position where wee James is picking them, they've a life too.

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: wobbller on April 12, 2022, 08:24:40 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 12, 2022, 01:55:44 AM
this is class  ;D
Class?No other County has the word gossip in it's main thread title but our Mod is worried about liability.🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  Is one of our or more of the alleged drinkers at the weekend going to sue because someone on here
said they were drinking beer when in fact they were drinking Cider???Jesus wept!

First with the news then?  Odd how these stories are nowhere else though...not that I can see anyway, but I'm not looking too hard. 

Poster 'the wobbler' says let it be and we can put up with what some other poster called the U12 posters on here, which might be a good start.  What do you think needs to be done, if anything?

Or, as johnnycool says, there is nothing to see here.

Truth hurts

I see the u17 leagues started last night and there were some big results. Newry Bosco sits on top of division one, this is great to see.

SamFever

Good to have the various underage and Adult Football games back again instead of the pantomine that is our Senior Footballers.