Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on February 28, 2022, 07:27:48 PM
Quote from: SamFever on February 28, 2022, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 28, 2022, 04:20:21 PM
Quote from: SamFever on February 28, 2022, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 28, 2022, 03:33:18 PM
Quote from: SamFever on February 28, 2022, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 28, 2022, 02:58:51 PM
Quote from: Godsown on February 28, 2022, 02:27:59 PM
Maybe they see Scor for the outdated nonsense that it is. Perhaps GAA should try and bring the competition into 21st century or maybe just turn off the life support. I think the weekend shows us we have bigger problems in Down

The gaa is a bigger organization than just football you know, Clubs in the county need to realize this as we move forward.

Yes they do, I am not ramming it, i just believe that we are in danger of losing our culture.
    Yes and there is also Hurling plus our sister organisations Camogie and Ladies Football.Young ones join up to play games not to participate
in Elocution or Speak/Drama type activities.This singing of our National anthem before National League fixtures is from a time long since defunct.
Fine for Championship maybe but in freezing depths of winter it's a complete nonsense.

Thats not true and mnay young people love the Scor , I am happy that there are a few true GAA clubs in the county who push this and keep it going.
Each to their own and I do really hope you enjoy it each year but stop ramming the Scor thing down everyone throats on an annual basis.Does your own child/children or even yourself participate?
Blank reply?

Most sensible post I've seen from our learned & well connected friend.
🤡
Hilarious🕺🕺🕺

Too many steps

Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 26, 2022, 01:36:35 PM
U20's beat Antrim 3.5 to 0.9 in Ballykinlar. Anyone at it?

Bit late on this one - team from memory (could be wrong on 1 or 2 of them) was

1 C Grant

2 M Hynds
3 R Magill
4 A Cole

5 C Rodgers
6 P McCarthy
7 P McEvoy

8 S Donegan
9 S Carr

10 O Cunningham
11 P Clancy
12 H. Magill

13 O Savage
14 A Crimmins
15 S McCusker

Rest of Kilcoo lads back this week.

Tough conditions with the wind.

Reasonable 1st half built up enough of a lead to get over the line. Antrim outscored them in 2nd half. But Down had more goal chances but didn't take them.

Lots of subs as you would expect early in the season - guess the management are still working out their best team.

Tyrone next week will give a better indication of how they are doing.

Johnnysboys

Tyrone next week will give a better indication of how they are doing.

[/quote]

Where is Tyrone game???

Truth hurts

Quote from: SamFever on February 28, 2022, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 28, 2022, 03:33:18 PM
Quote from: SamFever on February 28, 2022, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 28, 2022, 02:58:51 PM
Quote from: Godsown on February 28, 2022, 02:27:59 PM
Maybe they see Scor for the outdated nonsense that it is. Perhaps GAA should try and bring the competition into 21st century or maybe just turn off the life support. I think the weekend shows us we have bigger problems in Down

The gaa is a bigger organization than just football you know, Clubs in the county need to realize this as we move forward.
Yes and there is also Hurling plus our sister organisations Camogie and Ladies Football.Young ones join up to play games not to participate
in Elocution or Speak/Drama type activities.This singing of our National anthem before National League fixtures is from a time long since defunct.
Fine for Championship maybe but in freezing depths of winter it's a complete nonsense.

Thats not true and mnay young people love the Scor , I am happy that there are a few true GAA clubs in the county who push this and keep it going.
Each to their own and I do really hope you enjoy it each year but stop ramming the Scor thing down everyone throats on an annual basis.Does your own child/children or even yourself participate?

Yes they do, we are in danger of losing our identity. Scor is a massive part of the GAA and we need to embrace it.

There are only a few true traditional GAA clubs in the county and I won't be naming them and I don want to offend the rest, but true Gaels know who they are.

Truth hurts

The magpies on the lookout for a new manager. What memories they will have of the Mickey Moran era. What a manager.

Truth hurts

Quote from: rosskarr on March 01, 2022, 11:55:46 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 01, 2022, 09:49:18 AM
The magpies on the lookout for a new manager. What memories they will have of the Mickey Moran era. What a manager.
As told to you by a prominent East Down source in an eating house in the East.

nah its just common knowledge in this area.

Will the league fixtures be released in time for the leagues to start? Were they not supposed to be out weeks ago?

Godsown

No they are going to release the fixtures two weeks after they start

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 01, 2022, 12:34:42 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on March 01, 2022, 11:55:46 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 01, 2022, 09:49:18 AM
As told to you by a prominent East Down source in an eating house in the East.

nah its just common knowledge in this area.

Will the league fixtures be released in time for the leagues to start? Were they not supposed to be out weeks ago?

Clubs are to get a text on the Friday morning to confirm their fixture for that night, in a new and bold development in how the league is to be run from now on.

Truth hurts

The south Down clubs probably sill crying over the league proposals

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 01, 2022, 02:26:06 PM
The south Down clubs probably sill crying over the league proposals
No crying from my neck of the woods.You're very spiteful in most of your
postings.

Truth hurts

Godsown

wobbller

Johnnysboys

Fixtures out. Looks like a few heavy duty fixtures in round one. I'm sure Bryansford have the honour of playing the All Ireland champions first.

SamFever

Quote from: Johnnysboys on March 01, 2022, 06:08:35 PM
Fixtures out. Looks like a few heavy duty fixtures in round one. I'm sure Bryansford have the honour of playing the All Ireland champions first.
Division two will be interesting also although County panellists availability is going to hurt a lot Clubs in 1&2.