Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnysboys

Quote from: upandwin on December 13, 2021, 02:45:27 PM
Burren are going to win every piece of senior silverware for the next ten years...they have too many unreal players coming through to be stopped. Fair play to their underage coaches over the last 5/10yrs...starting to reap what they sow.

Kilcoo must be playing elsewhere then for the next while..

Mourne Red

Quote from: Johnnysboys on December 13, 2021, 05:10:43 PM
Quote from: upandwin on December 13, 2021, 02:45:27 PM
Burren are going to win every piece of senior silverware for the next ten years...they have too many unreal players coming through to be stopped. Fair play to their underage coaches over the last 5/10yrs...starting to reap what they sow.

Kilcoo must be playing elsewhere then for the next while..

Truth Hurts has a meeting in Railway Street on Sunday with some prominent figures to create a East Down Super League

Targetman

Quote from: rosskarr on December 13, 2021, 04:10:13 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on December 13, 2021, 11:27:26 AM
Quote from: Three man weave on December 13, 2021, 11:05:35 AM
Quote from: Lotto on December 12, 2021, 04:28:24 PM
Is James struggling to get coaches to help him out? Taking a coach who has been in three clubs in the last three years wouldn't really show the quality we need at this level. Is this all he has at the minute or has there been anyone else added recently?
Jody Gormley in with James and Aidan, in as a coach. Confirmed later

Would be a good appointment, done well with the Island and Bredagh
Ask the Abbey players or parents over this past 10 years. >:( >:(
Don't know who's decision it was but he's not involved with the Mac Rory panel this year!

Hard2Listen2

Was talking to a very prominent & 'in the know' staff member from the Abbey in Friar Tuck's earlier.

Their super chips & chicken fillet burgers are hard to bate. Nice milkshake to wash it down. Honestly was busted after it all.

Apparently it was Jody Gormley's decision to take a year off from the McRory team this year.
He's a keen follower of this chat & often acts on the recommendations here for where to eat.

Any word of where the County board Christmas dinner will be?
Canal Court, Burrendale, Hilltown chippy?

Three man weave

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on December 13, 2021, 09:46:00 PM
Was talking to a very prominent & 'in the know' staff member from the Abbey in Friar Tuck's earlier.

Their super chips & chicken fillet burgers are hard to bate. Nice milkshake to wash it down. Honestly was busted after it all.

Apparently it was Jody Gormley's decision to take a year off from the McRory team this year.
He's a keen follower of this chat & often acts on the recommendations here for where to eat.

Any word of where the County board Christmas dinner will be?
Canal Court, Burrendale, Hilltown chippy?

Im hearing Sergios is on menu. County Board want a cheap option

lumpitin

The school kids are up to no good on this, christmas exams must be over

upandwin

Heard from a much less prominent County Board member, but still prominent enough to be called fairly prominent, that the Xmas dinner is to be split in two. South Down Turkey will be served in the Canal Court followed by a barn dance in the Mourne Country Hotel...with the East Down Turkey being served up on the Ballykinlar Centre of excellence site from the mobile hut that usually pitches itself outside Esler...

Truth hurts

The county convention is moved to online tomorrow, No food for the delegates. I think it will be a low-key affair with only one post up for voting. Hopefully, clubs agree to change age-grades back. Kilcoo won't be going anywhere for a while but there is no doubt that Burren has a lot of players on their books. There is talk of starting a 4ths team due to the numbers they possess. I know a number of Burren stalwarts are not happy that their children are not playing at the highest level.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 14, 2021, 03:20:04 PM
The county convention is moved to online tomorrow, No food for the delegates. I think it will be a low-key affair with only one post up for voting. Hopefully, clubs agree to change age-grades back. Kilcoo won't be going anywhere for a while but there is no doubt that Burren has a lot of players on their books. There is talk of starting a 4ths team due to the numbers they possess. I know a number of Burren stalwarts are not happy that their children are not playing at the highest level.
Convention was online last year.Delegates can make themselves a snack.Burren had four Adult Teams in 2019 and maybe this season also.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 14, 2021, 03:20:04 PM

9. AMEND RULE 6.17 TREORAÍ OIFIGIUIL TO READ AS FOLLOWS:

A County shall determine its internal Under Age Grades for competition purposes within the parameters of Under 21 down to Under 12, subject to Central Council policy and the following eligibility criteria:

Under 21: A Player shall have celebrated his 16th birthday prior to January 1st. and his 21st birthday on or after January 1st of the Championship Year.
Under 20: A Player shall have celebrated his 16th birthday prior to January 1st and his 20th birthday on or after January 1st of the Championship Year.
Under 19: A Player shall have celebrated his 15th birthday prior to January 1st and his 19th birthday on or after January 1st of the Championship Year.
Under 18: A Player shall have celebrated his 14th. Birthday prior to January 1st. and his 18th birthday on or after January 1st. of the Championship Year.
Under 16: A Player shall have celebrated his 12th. Birthday prior to January 1st. and his 16th birthday on or after January 1st. of the Championship Year.
Under 14: A Player shall have celebrated his 10th. Birthday prior to January 1st. and his 14th birthday on or after January 1st. of the Championship Year.
Under 12: A Player shall have celebrated his 9th birthday prior to January 1st and his 12th birthday on or after January 1st of the Championship Year.

Cumann Naomh Maolmhaodhóg, Cailean Uidhilín
Cumann Áth Bhriain
Cumann Loch an Oileáin

I'm assuming that if this passes @ Convention tomorrow night it then needs to go to National Congress to get voted on there.

IMO the change to odd agegroups hasn't had the desired effect although I was always unsure as to it was ever going to prevent player dropout as the premise that U19 was going to replace U18 wasn't really thought through in practical terms as fixtures secretaries are finding out up and down the country.

Truth hurts

I am just after reading Sean og excellent report, he is openly crying out for the schools to leat the Down GAA coaches into the secondary schools to help them, coach teams. Why would there be an issue with this does anyone know?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 14, 2021, 04:03:48 PM
I am just after reading Sean og excellent report, he is openly crying out for the schools to leat the Down GAA coaches into the secondary schools to help them, coach teams. Why would there be an issue with this does anyone know?

Safeguarding issues, Education Minister might a more of a Rugby Fan(Political Ideology), Education results more important to schools than sports results.

Hard2Listen2

Bryansford appoint new management team yet?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on December 14, 2021, 09:13:33 PM
Bryansford appoint new management team yet?

Conor Deegan and John Fegan I hear have the gig..

Truth hurts

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 15, 2021, 08:17:41 AM
best wishes to the Red High in the Mageann final on Friday, hopefully, there will be a good crowd out to watch my old Alma Mater, I urge all the East Down clubs to get behind them as there are 11 East Down clubs represented in this historic final.