Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: lumpitin on November 18, 2021, 09:37:17 AM
Ffs truth hurts that's slow sports news !! SSN

We get news late from you boys down there lol
Is there any word on the management situation? Are there any meetings organized to explain to the clubs what is going on? The clubs should be told what is going on?

the goal was on

Must be waiting on a manager still involved with club! Can be only reason for delay.

Truth hurts

I spoke with a high-ranking official in Doc's a while ago and he informed me that they are struggling. All was hinged on the Laverty, Clarke, McGuinness ticket and now they are back to square one. Though they are looking to get a man in place for early next week most likely wee James, O'Rourke and Dan
Other info from him :
Fegan to Glenn or Saval.
Ballymartin not happy with the Duffin clan.
Dundrum trying their best to keep hold of Clarke who is getting offers from div 1 clubs.
Carryduff looking Gearoid to take over.

Smurfy123

It doesn't take a genius to work out they are struggling to get someone
James McCartan
Ross Carr
DJ Kane
Pete MCGrath
Conor Deegan

All will be linked to the job now
It could be one of the above
I would personally rule out 4 of the above

PTC

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 18, 2021, 11:22:55 AM
I spoke with a high-ranking official in Doc's a while ago and he informed me that they are struggling. All was hinged on the Laverty, Clarke, McGuinness ticket and now they are back to square one. Though they are looking to get a man in place for early next week most likely wee James, O'Rourke and Dan
Other info from him :
Fegan to Glenn or Saval.
Dundrum trying their best to keep hold of Clarke who is getting offers from div 1 clubs.
The Duffins and big collie McCrickard away to loughinisland

Mourne Red

Quote from: PTC on November 18, 2021, 01:30:01 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 18, 2021, 11:22:55 AM
Other info from him :
Fegan to Glenn or Saval.
The Duffins and big collie McCrickard away to loughinisland

Just Kevin and Collie.

Hard2Listen2

Same psychiatrist & same choice of chip shops?

Or was it a working lunch to plot the future of Down GAA & put the world to rights?

🤡

Smurfy123

Another week down
It's really dragging on a bit now
We will be into December now before our senior squad will come together

Truth hurts

From a good source

Last years Down senior team squad is meeting this weekend, senior members will organize groups for gym and fitness in different parts of the county. It is a sad state of affairs but I am glad someone has taken the bull by the horns. Though in fairness they should have been doing this weeks ago.

Truth hurts

More movement on the managerial front

Dromara GAC are delighted to announce that Martin Walker and Paul Rice will take up the management of Dromara Senior team with Noel McKibben as coach for the 2022 season.
We would like to offer our sincere thanks to Myles Cahill for his dedication and commitment to our senior team and our club over the last 3 years and we wish him well for the future.

Mourne Red

Quote from: SamFever on November 19, 2021, 10:07:41 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 19, 2021, 08:44:00 AM
From a good source

Last years Down senior team squad is meeting this weekend, senior members will organize groups for gym and fitness in different parts of the county. It is a sad state of affairs but I am glad someone has taken the bull by the horns. Though in fairness they should have been doing this weeks ago.
Was this a "prominent,high ranking" source?

Wonder if he went to Docs or if it was Country Fried Chicken for dinner that night

Truth hurts

Does anyone here remember the barony leagues? Did the county board try to implement barony teams into the senior championship a few years ago? Do you think this could ever work if implemented between division 3 and 4 teams

ck

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 19, 2021, 08:44:00 AM
From a good source

This is incredible. A county team organising their own training. Like something from the 1950's

Taylor

I understand the issue you guys have now is that the McGuinness ticket was as good as done - few things to be ironed out but it would have been good to go.

Jim pulled the plug on it because it was leaked before any announcement was made.

Given Jim's penchant for everything staying in house, once the leak was made, he decided Down was not for him.

Means yous are having to look at a plan B now.

charlieTully

Quote from: Taylor on November 19, 2021, 04:01:42 PM
I understand the issue you guys have now is that the McGuinness ticket was as good as done - few things to be ironed out but it would have been good to go.

Jim pulled the plug on it because it was leaked before any announcement was made.

Given Jim's penchant for everything staying in house, once the leak was made, he decided Down was not for him.

Means yous are having to look at a plan B now.

Problem is there is no plan B