Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

U-16 Hurling  Championship  Bredagh   
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: hardstation on November 16, 2007, 07:29:20 PM
Did Ballymartin beat Downpatrick?
Not since the Pope was an Altar Boy. Hoops met them 3 times this year and won all 3

Cloc Mor

I believe we need a change to 'freshen up' the leagues we have.  The playoffs were initiated in the mid 90's to facilitate the club player who was left 'kicking his heels' with little football, as there were no club league games while Down were doing well in Ulster.  There were even Supplementary Leagues put in place to keep club football going then. 

Yet in the last 10+ years the Down Senior team has done nothing.  I remember in the late 90's that the County players would have trained quite often with their clubs - now, their rarely train until Down are knocked out of the Championship (as early as this might be).  As the former County players of the great Burren team how many times they trained with Down and how many with Burren, at this time.  There were quite a number of them involved with Down at the time but I guarantee they never shirked their responsibilities with their club.

We have too many 'stars' who would rather play with Down than give their clubs a fair go.  Putting less emphasis on training for Down, like it used to be, and making County players train and play with their clubs, like it used to be, might be a start.  Since these changes have been put in place we have won nothing - is there any coincidence in this?

Bitta-Banter

S F C    Mayobridge
I F C    Ballymartin
J F C   Bosco   
P R F C    Burren/Clonduff 
R F C    Burren   
M F C    Rostrevor
M F C B  Clonduff
U – 16A F C Kilcoo
U – 16B F C   Drumgath   
U –14A  FC   Kilcoo   
U - 14B FC        Bosco

FEIS   SEVENS

SeniorFootball   Kilcoo
Junior Football  Dundrum   
Minor Football   Kilcoo   
Senior Hurling   ???
Junior Hurling    Ballela 
Senior Camogie   Clonduff   
Minor Camogie      Clonduff

HURLING

S H C    Ballycran 
I H C      Liatriom
J H C      Bredagh
Minor Championship     
U-16  Championship     BAllygalget
U –14  Championship      Portaferry
U – 14B Championship     Liatroim
U – 14C Championship     
U – 12 Championship     
U- 12 B Championship     
Betsy Gray Cup     
Betsy Gray Shield     
U – 16 League     
Feile Div 1      Portaferry
League Div 11     
Minor League     Warrenpoint/ Kilcleif
U – 14 League  Div  1  Portaferry
U  - 14  League  11     

ALSO

All county Minor league - Burren
All County u16 league - Mayobridge

U14 Feiles
A Kilcoo
B Clonduff

East Down
u14 A FC Kilcoo
u14 B FC Darragh Cross
u16A Kilcoo
u16 B St Josephs

Leagues
u14 A Kilcoo
u14 B Saul
u14 C St Pauls
u16 A Bredagh
u16 B St Josephs
Minor A Loughinisland
Minor B Kilclief

South Down
Championships
u14A Shamrocks
u14B Bosco
u16 A Ballyholland
u16 B Drumgath

Leagues
u14A Burren
u14B An Riocht
u14C Atticall
u16A Bosco/Rostrevor
u16B Tullylish/ Clonduff

Pangurban

Starred games have been the ruination of football in Down, impacting negatively on the standards of both club and county. Our County men need to be playing club football to sharpen and maintain their skills.

Lecale2

Boys Liatroim didn't win the IHC. Ballycran beat Ballygalget in the final. As Max Boyce would say "I know cause I was there". As was Johonnycool.
Liatoim represented Down in Ulster because reserve teams can't enter the Ulster championships.
Are tjhese the league postions?

Football Leagues

Div 1
-----
An Riocht

Relegated:
Bryansford
Annaclone

Div 2
-----
Saval Champions
Ballyholland Runners Up

Relegated:
Glassdrumman
Carryduff

Div 3
-----
Dundrum Champions
Tullylish Runners Up

Relegated:
Mitchels (Pending appeal)
Bright

Div 4-----
Drumaness Champions
St Michaels Runners Up

Hurling Leagues

Div 1
-------
Portaferry Champions
Shamrocks Runners Up

Relegated:
Ballela

Div 2
-----
Bredagh Champions
Ballycran Runners Up

The Corporal

Lecale, Attical went down with Bryansford not Annaclone!

Whitehair

Dont think Ballela are goin down to Division 2. Ballela and Kilclief are kept in Div1(plus Bredagh) making it an 8 team league and Lecale could probably shed more light but i'd heard Bredagh were putting their seconds in Div2 also making it an 8 team league.

Ballela didnt win the junior feis, liatroim beat us in the senior final.

Lecale2

Quote from: Whitehair on November 17, 2007, 05:42:29 PM
Dont think Ballela are goin down to Division 2. Ballela and Kilclief are kept in Div1(plus Bredagh) making it an 8 team league and Lecale could probably shed more light but i'd heard Bredagh were putting their seconds in Div2 also making it an 8 team league.

Ballela didnt win the junior feis, liatroim beat us in the senior final.
Bredagh wouldn't have the numbers to field two teams in Down on the same night.

Mourne Rover

At the Club Down dinner the other night, Dan Gordon gave the most impressive speech I have heard from a Down player in many years. He was articulate, realistic and entirely focused on the championship. I always regarded him as one of the quieter members of the squad, but there is obviously some depth to him as well. If he is confirmed as captain for 2008, perhaps our prospects are not as bleak as we might have feared.

downredblack

Quote from: Mourne Rover on November 18, 2007, 11:29:50 PM
At the Club Down dinner the other night, Dan Gordon gave the most impressive speech I have heard from a Down player in many years. He was articulate, realistic and entirely focused on the championship. I always regarded him as one of the quieter members of the squad, but there is obviously some depth to him as well. If he is confirmed as captain for 2008, perhaps our prospects are not as bleak as we might have feared.

As long as he didn't use the often repeated mantra of the last couple of Down Capts. regarding certain people stepping up to the plate or standing up and being counted .
Rover , When you say he was realistic what was his forecast  ?

rosskarr

DownFanatic

In regards to filling in the blanks, Dundrum did not win the Junior Feis 7s in 2007. We won it in 2006.