Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Quote from: downredblack on November 06, 2007, 03:48:17 PM
Hey amallon , I managed to get into a pic on yer website . The big time at last . ;D

Care to tell us which picture?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Pangurban

If Management lay down rules, then they must enforce them or lose respect. Having said that, to commence training in November is just plain crazy.

downredblack

Quote from: amallon on November 06, 2007, 11:39:56 PM
Hey amallon , I managed to get into a pic on yer website . The big time at last . ;D

Standing along the fence county Final .

Quote from: rosskarr on November 07, 2007, 12:07:44 PM
Everyone else bar maybe Cork and Kerry I'm sure are training at the minute.Le Manga in January is "plain crazy"

If they are heading off let them at it , what harm can it do ? This league campaign is going to be very important to us so the better prepared they are the better .

Figo

I think the panel needs to be cut so that ross and co can concentrate on improving the players he has.  There has been enough searching for new players.  As for training weeks away. why not. Any man who trains all year round need something to freshen things up, it can only be healthy for team building and enthusiasm.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on November 07, 2007, 02:40:49 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on March 13, 2007, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on March 05, 2007, 09:02:59 AM
The Down Team spent 5+ hours on Sunday 'trekking' Slieve Donard. I mean am I missing the point here - what to hell is that all about?
Never mind yesterdays terrible weather conditions, we are rooted to the bottom of 1B with 1 pt from 3 games and the players are taken for a walk!!!

Beats last years team building exercise then!!
Just hope the County Board approve this one unlike last years weekend away that Ross forgot to tell them about!!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: downredblack on November 07, 2007, 12:34:01 PM
Quote from: amallon on November 06, 2007, 11:39:56 PM

Standing along the fence county Final .

Quote from: rosskarr on November 07, 2007, 12:07:44 PM
Everyone else bar maybe Cork and Kerry I'm sure are training at the minute.Le Manga in January is "plain crazy"

If they are heading off let them at it , what harm can it do ? This league campaign is going to be very important to us so the better prepared they are the better .

Go on amallon put the picture up for us....

amallon

Think it might be this one he is one about not sure!

No1

Must have been a wide lens to get those two RGU men in shot!

redandblackjack

Most other countys have started training by now aswell- its not plain crazy it is the norm now! We have alot of catching up to do so the more training the better- the league aint that far away!
With regards to the trip away- the players cannot claim to be poorly treated or not looked after, maybe something like this will help in some way to turn things around, just a pity we got the hardest draw of the lot in the championship!

redandblackjack

Heard today there is a possibility Armagh will be using the Marshes for their home league games....i had heard this before, a while back, but thought nothing of it. Whats the liklihood?

up down

as regards to the recent debate regarding transfers, burren & castlewllan are clearly the worst teams in the county for this, burren are good enough on their day but u have to wonder what division the town' would be in if they didnt have all the blow-ins they have.

good luck to the bridge in their replay!

ceiriolor anis bothair abu!

amallon

Armagh in the Marshes:
I wouldn't mind.  It would be a few extra quid for Down.  I said before that Down should have brough Armagh on board even as a smaller partner in the development on Newry and given Armagh the use of it for NFL or bigger club games if it was needed.   Fiixtures could be worked in a away to have Down home and Armagh away week about.  The reaction I got at the time was negative and I don't think even one person agreed with me.  So is there anyone apart from me that thinks a ground share would be a good idea? Or I am still on my own??

redandblackjack

Quote from: amallon on November 08, 2007, 07:08:57 PM
Armagh in the Marshes:
I wouldn't mind.  It would be a few extra quid for Down.  I said before that Down should have brough Armagh on board even as a smaller partner in the development on Newry and given Armagh the use of it for NFL or bigger club games if it was needed.   Fiixtures could be worked in a away to have Down home and Armagh away week about.  The reaction I got at the time was negative and I don't think even one person agreed with me.  So is there anyone apart from me that thinks a ground share would be a good idea? Or I am still on my own??

A part of me says i wouldnt have them anywhere near it but i also think that it could be financially beneficial to Down- its a big call! It might never happen but i think the option was sounded out a few months ago. The two teams only play on the same day in Round 7 of the league if i am correct. Armagh also have the Dubs at home which could be a big crowd puller!

With regards to having them use it with a long term agreement such as a ground share- No chance! Its up to them to develop their own ground! While they were funding their all ireland campaigns and holidays etc counties like ours were pushing on with developing their grounds for future use!

amallon

Its like the opening of Croker debate mark II!  ;D  They would have to pay us hansomly for the use of our Ground we could use this money to develop our coaching structures.  Armagh aren't going to be making any more profit than they would be had their games been played in Cross.  There is potential for bigger gates but a fair percentage would be going to pay the landlords.

A lot of Down gaels should set their dislike for Armagh aside and think about it financially and the benefits it will bring to us.  Whats the point of having the stadium if its hardly ever used, its not earning us the money it could when its lying empty. 

It probably will never happen as most Down people are strongly opposed to it.  For the wrong reasons in my opinion. 

P.S Whats happening now that Armagh are looking for a another ground?

SouthArmaghBandit

If youse would just stop counting your pennies for a minute, Armagh will never use Newry as a home ground.

Cross is fine for NFL and Clones for SFC - something youse boys know nothing about!