Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: imagine on November 01, 2007, 02:38:22 PM
So Tony Burden will be No 1 and Hugh John will retire(aye right) to No2?

No... they both have to step down as far as I know.
The Aristocrat Years

In the Onion Bag

Just watched the Martin Clarke show.  Jeysus Down need him back big time.   Not just for his personal prowess but more so his appeal and example to our developing youth.

Surely there is some innovative way to match the relatively small amount of £ he gets in Oz.  I'm not advocating professionalism but in the past other counties found clever ways of attracting their very special stars back from foreign climes (Mr McGuigan for example). 

Martin is a wee bit extra special and I would love to see him back in the Red & Black, but I suspect the notion of finding a way of enticing him home is beyond the stripy tank-top, cap wearing Down administration.

Pangurban

Loughinisland is like the gaelic version of Man City at this min in time
The statement quoted above reflects so much of what is wrong with the GAA in Down today. Loughinisland is a small rural community, who against all the odds are managing to maintain and develop a succesful club with Div1 status. In doing so they are providing first class and much needed facilities for their community. This requires self sacrifice,hard work and effort from too few individuals. Instead of recognising and applauding their achievment, some people find reason to belittle and denigrate. Who would you prefer to have in your community, the Loughinisland club men or their useless critics. Its a no brainer isnt it, who in their right mind would choose the critics

rosskarr

While agreeing with nearly all your sentiments,they still have this distasteful habit of poaching/recruiting players from outside their Parish.

buglebhoy

was there anyone at the xfactor in cc last night between neighbouring  clubs, saval, ballyholland and mayobridge!! thought john mccaffery was the deserving winner!! great nights craic!!

downredblack

buglebhoy

the 2 boys were top class entertainment but brutal singers, shouting down the mirophones and loving groping the fake tits they were wearing!! shane mulholland said to them ' if thats what tyrone are going to be facing come may time, tyrone will be laughing'
A very well organised event, maybe a few too many tickets sold for the lack of seats there were but craic was brilliant!!

downredblack

Sounds like a qaure nights craic , fair play to all concerned . I hope they made a fortune for the charities  involved .

amallon

I'd have been there like a shot last night if I'd have been in the country.  Everyone I've talked to had a great night and are feeling a little bit worse for wear today.  The X-Factor night in the Bridge was one of the best nights craic we had in the club in years and that includes county final nights. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 01, 2007, 09:31:49 PM
The more he develops as an Aussie Rules player the less likely we will see him in a Down shirt, but we live in hope that he will one day return.

Can't argue with that 5Times but I must live in hope.

off the laces

just a note to wish our representatives in ulster competitions good luck for tomorrow.
Keeps 'er' straight

amallon

Cheers off the laces.  I'm stuck in the states with work and am going to miss the Bridge game.  I've emailed five fm to see if they are covering the game but got no reply.   Does anyone know if any they will be covering the game?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

DownFanatic

Nicky Brennan was the special guest at our Dinnerdance last night. Have to say he spoke extremely well. He got a great round of applause for anti-GPA comments. He spoke too about secretaries getting a hotline to Croke Park and how this £50 million is going to be spent. He is also going to be at the Burrendale tonight for Ballykinlar's 75th anniversary.

KIDDO

The Dromore v Mayobridge game will  be on QIOI.2FM,tomorrow afternoon , at 2.30pm.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid