Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6th sam

Quote from: No1 on October 30, 2007, 04:19:49 PM
:D

A fair point off the laces.

Turkey + ham, that's a bit like a choice between being shot or hung!

Shot,hung, or jack it all in and take up drinking full-time:looks like Saul's your best option after all No.1!

amallon

Nothing to do with me this time lads! 

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

passedit

Now lets look at the evidence.

New poster from Mayobridge moans about his club not getting it's due.

They have your number Amallon, you can run but you can't hide.   :D :D
Don't Panic

amallon

I'll get the blame anyway!  Just noticed your signature passedit!   ;D

Leo

No coverage of the county final (or replay) on the web site but plenty about An Riocht winning the league? Is the county PRO from An Riocht?
The Down website is generally a good effort but for how a county website should look and feel, take a look at the Antrim site - real class.
Fierce tame altogether

Lecale2

The best thing about the Antrim site is that it's updated every day with fixtures & results at all levels.

goldenyears

thats a fairly sad response on the down website, obviously based on the bridge fan's lament on here. I thought no co board members or PRO was allowed to visit this site!  ;)

ps. heard yesterday that rostrevor have gone after cathal o'rourke for new manager's job

Blue Island

Quote from: The Corporal on October 29, 2007, 05:47:03 PM
Im surprised the Island didnt get Brendan McGourty when they were signing Magic Johnston! Loughinisland is like the gaelic version of Man City at this min in time!!  :D

I see that old chesnut as a arisen again. Firstly, Magic Johnston decided to come to Loughinisland and was not encouraged in anyway. Being a playing member and member of the committe I can state it was as much a surpirse to us as anyone else why he chose us. It was a move completly of his own volition and you can ask him if you don't believe me.

With regards other tranfers I would say our record does not differ any more than that of Downpatrick. How many players have transferred into the RGU in the last ten years? You will find it is more than went to Loughinisland. I would not lambast Downpatrick for it.

This business of playing for your club is a two way street and not only requires commitment from the player but the club as well. One fella that transferred to us told his original club he was more than happy to stay. He did not care what division he played in so long as the players turned up at training and showed some ambition and effort. In the next two session a maximum of 5 people turned up. It seems the players could not be bothered. From speaking to the fellas who have transferred (and there is not as many as being suggested on this board) you can learn that they want to train in a club that at least puts an effort in. They are hardly coming to Loughinisland for the medals. We might not be setting the world alight but are training numbers rarely if ever drop below 20 on any given night.

On another note, most of our players would knock the beer on the head, or at least significantly moderate thier intake at important periods of the year.

Certain neighbouring clubs could maybe stop to dry their eyes and put their own house in order, get out of the pub and stop trying to blame their neighbour for their current malaise.

amallon

Lads I got to back the county pro on this one.  Maybe some of the people knocking the county's website should offer to lend a hand.  Anyone who mantains a club website knows the amount of work involved so you can multiply that by 100 for a county site.  I think the Down website is a one man operation so you got to take your hat off to the man.  The Derry website is updated by a team of 5 or 6 people.  The Down year book is also being produced at the moment which is a mamoth undertaking as well.

I know the county are bringing in a system like is used in Derry where refs will get a text message asking them to do a game.  Their reply is acceptance that they will be covering the game.  They get a reminder text message on the day of the game.  After the game the ref text's the result through to a computer system which will automatically put the result on the site and update league tables.  Club sites hosted with the GAA will be able to link into this meaning club site admins won't have to worry about putting up their under 12's results and fixtures.  This is due to roll out next year sometime I think.  Should be a great addition.

Defending the Co. Board!  ::)

Maybe I'll not be an arsehole now!  :D

Lecale2

Mr Mallon - that is exactly the system used in Antrim. Works well in my experience.

amallon

We might get fewer no shows from Ref's as they will have the reminder on match day.  Maybe DownGAA might fill us in on this project.  We know you are reading this! ;)

Square Ball

Quote from: amallon on October 31, 2007, 03:48:02 PM
Lads I got to back the county pro on this one.  Maybe some of the people knocking the county's website should offer to lend a hand.  Anyone who mantains a club website knows the amount of work involved so you can multiply that by 100 for a county site.  I think the Down website is a one man operation so you got to take your hat off to the man.  The Derry website is updated by a team of 5 or 6 people.  The Down year book is also being produced at the moment which is a mamoth undertaking as well.

I know the county are bringing in a system like is used in Derry where refs will get a text message asking them to do a game.  Their reply is acceptance that they will be covering the game.  They get a reminder text message on the day of the game.  After the game the ref text's the result through to a computer system which will automatically put the result on the site and update league tables.  Club sites hosted with the GAA will be able to link into this meaning club site admins won't have to worry about putting up their under 12's results and fixtures.  This is due to roll out next year sometime I think.  Should be a great addition.

Defending the Co. Board!  ::)

Maybe I'll not be an arsehole now!  :D

are you in the running for a post on the board, and I dont mean this one
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

amallon

Do you think they'd have me???  ;D  I think not!

5 Sams

There will be some enforced changes as some board members have served their full term and cannot be re-elected.

Hugh John Harper, Tony Burden and Willie Gribben are three that I know off.
The Aristocrat Years

Leo

Fabulous programme on BBC last night on Martin Clarke - great production, well presneted, and the lad himself is as good with his chat as his football.
Fierce tame altogether