Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Square Ball on October 24, 2007, 12:29:00 PM
Is that Div match still on? Thought that Kilcoo had threatned to pull out due to the 10 suspended players.

I cant see them getting away with that, the rules are set and they did behave like animals that day and all them were involved.

imagine

Kilcoo,Castlwellan, Leitrim and Bryansford are searching

spiritof91and94

Eamonn Burns wont be leaving Bryansford and by all accounts Bryansford wont be leaving Eamonn Burns - he is not a man to walk away and will want to return them to Div One next year.

Lecale2

What happened Kilcoo boys at Ulster Council last night?

Blue Island

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 25, 2007, 10:25:48 AM
Eamonn Burns wont be leaving Bryansford and by all accounts Bryansford wont be leaving Eamonn Burns - he is not a man to walk away and will want to return them to Div One next year.

An absolute gent of a man and certainly not a man to walk away. Rumours were doing the rounds that he wasn't getting the full backing by the Ford assistants and his position was unfairly undermined as a consequence. Maybe just rumours but perhaps you know the score? It would explain some of the reasons for Bryansfords poor form at the end of the season.

spiritof91and94

I think the problem lay with the fact we got sucked in to a bottom three scenario and were not prepared for it as we were in top 4 position for all but the last 3 weeks of the league, although the players knew the pressure they under performed and ended up relegated. The players have alot to answer for and any team that fails like they did need a good wake up call. Eamonn will return with a new panel to division and rest assured all the 'chaff' will be gone from this season.

Brick Tamlin

heard a rumour there recently that Joe Kernan was in for the Burren job or had at least been asked about it.
Dont shoot the messenger and all that jazz.

Doire abú

is that Éamonn Burns from Ballinascreen and Derry?

Mourne Rover

One for trivia fans - in the legendary game at Celtic Park in 1994, Eamon Burns of Down marked Eamonn Burns of Derry. Something similar happened in the open draw game between the same teams at Newry in 2005, with two Paul Murphys in close opposition.

Dubh driocht

Facts and figures , Rover the stato !

rosskarr

It's a pity we didn't have someone in Down called Paddy Bradley and could maybe play like him

amallon

How did the league final end up tonight?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

mournerambler

Kingdom won by 3,John Clarke was very harshly red carded at the end of the first half, kilcoo went in 3 up @ half time.

Leo

Excellent game under the fantastic new floodlights, two fabulous goals from Martin Clarke who was constantly marked by two Kilcoo players. In doing this Kilcoo walked straight into Pete Mc Grath's clever tactics by isolating Clarke up front when they went down to 14 men - totally negatived Kilcoo's extra man and bottled up the rest of the field. Other great performances from John Clarke in first half - sent off just before half time after scoring an immense point and retaliating to some strong tackling - James Cunningham Joe Mc Veigh and Killen for An Riocht, Gerdy Mc Evoy, S Kelly and P Greenan for Kilcoo. Good refereeing show and all round advert for good clean Down football.
Fierce tame altogether

Cloc Mor

I bet anyone would struggle to name five decent referees in Down at the minute.  We have some real clowns taking charge of games and they really are ruining them for players and spectators.  I wasn't at the game last night but believe that John Clarke got some serious attention off the ball (like most forwards the Kilcoo defence have played against).  He retaliated and was caught - where is the justice in that?

Looking forward to the piece on Martin Clarke.  It shouldn't be part of a show but a programme in itself.