Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Jealousy is an awful thing, get your own great clubs in order first. Most of yous are still begging of the council

Smurfy123

Clownjim why can't you answer where do all these young players go after minors? Hundreds of players after all. Do they see Kilcoo in the long grass and decide that's not for them?

Walt Jabsco

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 12, 2018, 07:57:46 PM
Clownjim why can't you answer where do all these young players go after minors? Hundreds of players after all. Do they see Kilcoo in the long grass and decide that's not for them?

The Hatfield

downjim

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 12, 2018, 07:57:46 PM

Your obsessed with Kilcoo, no wonder you have won fa since 1953

Smurfy123

Not obsessed it's just fully every year it happens. The whole county know what's going to happen. Burren to hammer teams then come a cropper against Kilcoo. League almost wrapped up

downjim

I hope the 5 man team have been meeting as Cavan will be looking into the same well and being in division 1 will be a lot more enticing.

Targetman

They're no more enticing than Down are, in fact Cavan are shite ( division 1 or not)

Smurfy123

If they are shite what would that make us? I'm sure the 5 man committee have met and already started talking. They have a big decision to make and they know they have to get this appointment correct. I can't see the top dogs surviving if things do not go well next year.

thebar

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 13, 2018, 11:45:33 PM
If they are shite what would that make us? I'm sure the 5 man committee have met and already started talking. They have a big decision to make and they know they have to get this appointment correct. I can't see the top dogs surviving if things do not go well next year.
Why would that be? Its been poor fare for long enough now what makes next year different?

downjim

The top dogs will be there because no one else wants it. Not enough administrators taking up posts in clubs never mind county. Too many keyboard warriors and pub slabbers in Down who yap about clubs and county but are not even GAA members.

Smurfy123

Pub slabbers what age are you clownjim pub slabbers 😩. What is the big pull to get involved when we always do the wrong thing? No doubt the new manager will be a yes man and won't rock the boat with the top men. That is what they look for first. Forget about what you have achieved as manager it is whether you listen to what they tell you. It's different this time as the general public are getting fed up after James McCartans reign ended.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 14, 2018, 11:33:29 AM
Pub slabbers what age are you clownjim pub slabbers 😩. What is the big pull to get involved when we always do the wrong thing? No doubt the new manager will be a yes man and won't rock the boat with the top men. That is what they look for first. Forget about what you have achieved as manager it is whether you listen to what they tell you. It's different this time as the general public are getting fed up after James McCartans reign ended.

Do you think the age requirement for posting on this board is being too young to buy a pint? It would explain some of your posts anyway.

downjim

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 14, 2018, 11:33:29 AM

Who do you think should get the job??

supersub

Quote from: downjim on July 14, 2018, 11:06:36 AM
The top dogs will be there because no one else wants it. Not enough administrators taking up posts in clubs never mind county. Too many keyboard warriors and pub slabbers in Down who yap about clubs and county but are not even GAA members.

He's actually not far wrong to be fair.

downjim

3 massive games for CPN coming up in their quest for the league title, Harps/Rostrevor and Burren before championship  break. 6 points will surely put one hand on the league cup, though I can't see that happening.