Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebar

Quote from: downjim on July 08, 2018, 01:04:42 PM
Every club should have two full sized size pitches, and adequate changing room facilities. If you don't then stop criticising the county board.
What kind of clown are you, you have no idea fella.

Mourne Red

Quote from: thebar on July 08, 2018, 01:25:17 PM
Quote from: downjim on July 08, 2018, 01:04:42 PM
Every club should have two full sized size pitches, and adequate changing room facilities. If you don't then stop criticising the county board.
What kind of clown are you, you have no idea fella.

Clownjim if you want to fund my club go right ahead - Some clubs don't have the support/population to fundraise and raise enough money after they pay their fee's to the county board.. Take your head for a crap

Smurfy123

Some crap talked on here and I'm one of them. Don't agree with almost all clownjim says but he has a point here.For the Down panel to have so many players from average clubs is why we have been so poor of late. Against the team that started against Cavan this is how many players on the team in the top division as we sit
CPN 1
Kilcoo 1
Burren 1
Mayobridge 0
Clonduff 1
Rostrevor 1

Top 6
Surely Kilcoo who have dominated club football for years should have more than 1?

Cuan12

down jim your a first class clown who knows nothing of clubs who struggle with only having one pitch, it wouldn't surprise me if you are on the county executive who are trying to defend the indefensible by making stupid and irrelevant remarks on this forum, your a Richard head.

Smurfy123

Cuan you are a funny man. Richard head 😂
Rights lads call it

1- McEntee
2 - Pete
3- Dawson
4- Poacher
5 - Mulholland

Who has what it takes to become Down manager

whitegoodman

Tally with Brian McIver and Mulholland as selectors

6th sam

I suspect Downjim is deliberately winding, but let's analyse what he says.
We need all clubs contributing what they can to the county, by definition most top players should come from the top clubs but nobody can deny that there are gems in the lower divisions .
Some of the top clubs are understandably focusing on their own progress and under the current system , county representation can hinder that progress. When the county is struggling and less likely to win silverware players often will prioritise their club.
It's easy to blindly criticise county players, managers and board , and some  of the personalised comments are at best unhelpful and immature. Regardless of what club you are from , it's easy to agree on a few things: we need to improve on our financial situation , and a county finance/business development manager , as per top counties , would seem Like a good addition.
In the absence of free movement between clubs , every club has a responsibility to provide the very best environment for their players to develop, and to try to develop county players, including amalgamated senior championship teams , fighting for improved club structures etc.
It is absolutely vital that each club aspires to local floodlit facilities for games at all levels and a second pitch to extend the playing season.
If the county team succeeds we all get a spin-off ( If in doubt just look at your club's benefit from an all ireland appearance in 2010) . The structures are there to effect change but too often , we blame individuals as opposed to finding , and unifying behind a winning culture.
The personnel charged with finding our next senior management are 5 respected, knowledgeable and strong minded individuals , and I've no doubt will find the best personnel available . Regardless of their decision, unless we improve our financial situation and every club from senior to junior rally around a common cause and contributes whatever they can to our county's success , we'll probably keep making the same mistakes .

elk

I believe Barney Mc Aleenan managed and inspired a badly depleted CPN team to a victory on Friday night. Perhaps he and his son might be interested in the Down job.

downjim

Elk in case you did not notice but they beat Saval. I'll repeat that again SAVAL.

elk

Quote from: downjim on July 09, 2018, 12:24:14 PM
Elk in case you did not notice but they beat Saval. I'll repeat that again SAVAL.
I know sure didn't Saval beat Kilcoo and Clonduff earlier this year

stiff breeze

They are beating all the wee clubs this year  ;)

forevergreen

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 09, 2018, 02:28:34 PM

They are beating all the wee clubs this year  ;)

What has happened to Saval since start of year, they seemed to be competitive in most games and had a couple of good results but their last few games seem to suggest they have thrown in the towel....they wont pick up many points at this stage of year.

downjim

The real stuff starts after the holidays, injures will have cleared and teams will put out their strongest sides.
Can't wait for championship to start and I would love the county board to have a season ticket.

elk

Quote from: downjim on July 09, 2018, 03:05:03 PM
The real stuff starts after the holidays, injures will have cleared and teams will put out their strongest sides.
Can't wait for championship to start and I would love the county board to have a season ticket.
We all would, it was great 2 or 3 years back when they had one. You could watch plenty of games/teams for a reasonable price.

Smurfy123

Great idea to have a season ticket for the forthcoming championship. Please make this happen the powers that be. Regarding winners here goes
Kilcoo v CPN final Kilcoo
Bredagh v St Johns final Bredagh

Not sure about the junior

Elk Saval also had half a team Friday night from what I seen