Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Minus, we now know that that was the situation, but when we first asked about the playoffs, when we had actually got enough points to go in to them, the way the response was worded made it sound like that if we beat the mitchels, we were safe!! no matter what, we still went out with the attitude that we had to win every game to try and stay up, and the Mitchels should have been playing with the same attitude!!

Either way, it could be next January before we know what is going to happen, just have to wait and see what the outcome of Mitchel's appeal is!! It is a horrible way to have to go down, and I am sympathetic to the Mitchels, but as Blue Island said, we beat them fair and square, and the result should stand!

Minus15

Yes i suppose so but such is the damage that relegation to div 4 can do then while there is a slim chance they will try. In the meantime are St. Paul's training away?
On a different note how has gerry quinn done for you this year? Dont know if you're a playing member but if you are what did you think?

stpauls

we haven't trained since the week that Drumgath and Mitchels were supposed to play, a lot of the fellas that week didn't go, and we thought it would be best not to train anymore, cause it was hard enough to get players to come during the year, let alone when we didn't even know what was happening with this situation. If we were still training, it could be January when we know anything and by that stage, pre-season would be starting again.

Personal opinions aside, I don't think Gerry has done us much good this year, his training methods were pretty good, but as a man manager, motivator and decision maker, I think he is lacking in these areas! A lot of times during games, our game plan wasn't working or a man was having a bad time of it, but Gerry did nothing about it, either he didn't see what was happening, or decided to do nothing about it, but either way, it didn't do our campaign any good!!!

Statto-Gael

Quote from: stpauls on October 19, 2007, 03:56:34 PM
Minus, we now know that that was the situation, but when we first asked about the playoffs, when we had actually got enough points to go in to them, the way the response was worded made it sound like that if we beat the mitchels, we were safe!!

What an almost  predictable mess this has ended up being. I think its unfortunate for Mitchels that they've been messed about with possible mixed messages on the playoff status (as most of us weren't clear either) but its hard to see how they can argue for a replay.

I wonder through all this if Teconnaught are squirming uncomfortably as a result of their no-show for the final game that ended up setting up a playoff in the first place!!

On the league restructuring - is there a chance that the CB would try to roll in a 3 division league for 2008 rather than waiting a year(from vote in November) in order to cover some of the embarrassment around the Div 3 situation. I'd guess a lot more people would react if that were to happen.

stpauls

Quote from: Statto-Gael on October 19, 2007, 05:34:40 PM
I wonder through all this if Teconnaught are squirming uncomfortably as a result of their no-show for the final game that ended up setting up a playoff in the first place!!

It might just come back to bite them in the ass later when this debacle is all done and dusted!!

On the league restructuring - is there a chance that the CB would try to roll in a 3 division league for 2008 rather than waiting a year(from vote in November) in order to cover some of the embarrassment around the Div 3 situation. I'd guess a lot more people would react if that were to happen.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!

DownFanatic

John Hurley (Dundrum) has been called up to the Down Senior squad by Ross Carr.

upthehoops

Quote from: stpauls on October 19, 2007, 07:01:29 PM

It might just come back to bite them in the ass later when this debacle is all done and dusted!!

upthehoops

Quote from: upthehoops on October 19, 2007, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: stpauls on October 19, 2007, 07:01:29 PM

This cannot happen as the only options on the table are the one circulated last month or the staus quo. No new options will be considered.

DownFanatic

Going on this years final League positions here will be the teams competing in the various Championships for 2008.

Senior
Kilcoo
Mayobridge
Burren
An Riocht
Longstone
Rostrevor
Clonduff
Castlewellan
Bryansford
Loughinisland
Liatroim
Atticall
Saval
Ballyholland
Downpatrick
Ballymartin

Intermediate
Annaclone
Kilclief
Darragh Cross
Shamrocks
Warrenpoint
Banbridge
Glasdrumman
Carryduff
Tullylish
Saul
Dundrum
Bredagh
Bosco
Teconnaught
Ardglass
Glenn

Junior
Drumgath
Mitchels
St Pauls
Bright
Drumaness
Aghaderg
St Michaels
St Johns
Dromara
Ballykinlar
Aughlisnafin

stpauls

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 20, 2007, 02:31:18 PM
Going on this years final League positions here will be the teams competing in the various Championships for 2008.

Junior
Drumgath
Mitchels
St Pauls
Bright
Drumaness
Aghaderg
St Michaels
St Johns
Dromara
Ballykinlar
Aughlisnafin

DF, would Drumgath drop from Senior to Junior in just one season, can that happen?

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 19, 2007, 08:45:43 PM

Congratulations to John.  Not sure if this is good news or bad news about the state of Down Football though :-\

Aristotle Flynn

Good luck Ballycran & Bredagh - Down's representatives in the Ulster championships tomorrow.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Townie

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on October 20, 2007, 07:42:53 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 19, 2007, 08:45:43 PM

Congratulations to John.  Not sure if this is good news or bad news about the state of Down Football though :-\

Who is he and what position does he play?  Judging by the number of players from lower divisions on the county panel it shows that division 1 in down must be poor!

whyarerefssobad

anyone know results from yesterday seconds games
always look on the bright side

Square Ball

Bredagh drew today,

Bredagh 0-12 to 2-6 Setanta
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid