Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 27, 2017, 09:30:52 AM
Social media is saying Mark Poland was dropped from the 26 and played for Longstond yesterday scoring 1-3 in the process from play.This is just unacceptable.Leave the personally issues aside and pick the best players

Incorrect, he did not play.

rosskarr

A decent PR in the County could ward off all this talk.

Mourne man

So the leagues start next week! What are the promotion relegation predictions?

Cb66

Div 1- Kilcoo, Burren up at top again. Castlewellan always good league team and fancy Mayobridge to have good year. Probably looking at a battle at the bottom between Downpatrick, An Riocht and Longstone.

Div 2- Between Rostrevor and Saval for me. Loughinisland there or thereabouts and Annaclone be up there I believe. Drumaness and Shamrocks to go down. Good quality Division 2 this year!

Div3- Tullylish and Clann Na Banna too good for the division and think they will run away with it.

Down Follower

Clonduff will give Kilcoo and Burren a run for it this year I think. Any two of 6 could go down.
Loughinisland will be favourites for Div2 while Saval should be stronger than they were last year. Drumaness
Favourites to go down with a dog fight for the other place.
Clan na Banna to win Div 3.

Smurfy123

1-Kilcoo
2-Burren
3-Clonduff
4-Castlewellan
5-Bryansford
6-Mayobridge
7-CPN
8-Downpatrick
9-Ballyholland
10-Longstone
11-Glenn
12-An Rioct

Anyone between 3-10 could find themselves in any of those 8 positions it is that tight.Kilcoo and Burren and maybe Clonduff are a bit ahead with the usual suspects behind.

Division 2
Saval and Rostrevor

Division 3
Tullylish and Clana Banna

whitegoodman

Id split Div 1 into 4 levels, one level in particular way above the rest;

Kilcoo

Burren

Castlewellan
Clonduff
Bryansford
Mayobridge

The rest

Smurfy123

Down name an unchanged team for the fourth game
Some changes expected?

imagine

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 01, 2017, 09:55:05 AM
Down name an unchanged team for the fourth game
Some changes expected?
Poor thought process with this.

Smurfy123

What
Releasing the same team?

imagine

You'd think they would give some of the other panel members a chance to improve on the failings of the past few games.

Smurfy123

He is loyal to his players I'll give him that much.We kept the same team for the first 2 games then made wholesale changes for the Meath game and we basically have had the same team throughout the rest of the league.Id agree with you imagine surely it is time to make 3-4 changes to see what other lads can do.I know it's not a game to be messing about in but changes needed

saulzer

Defence was wide open at times in the 2nd half last Sunday, changes definitely needed there.

Targetman

Result from Ulster Minor League:  Down 1-10 Armagh 1-9, as the scoreline suggests a very close match with both sides near to full strength, a Connor Clark free won it for Down with a few minutes left, should be a good game on 4th June!