Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

I'm looking forward to Saturday night having missed the Derry game. What do the people who were in Derry think of how we will fair against Cill Dara?

Mourne Rover

In response to the queries about our run of Ulster championship defeats, we managed to win our first round games at senior, U21 and minor level in 2013. Since then, I am fairly sure that, apart from the senior draw in Omagh in 2014, we have lost every other match over the three grades. Our last 11 provincial championship fixtures have therefore resulted in ten defeats and a draw - presumably the worst sequence in living memory.

Ed Hardy

Any word of team for tomorrow nights game? Rubbish again from Down, the team or subs is never released until the last minute!

Smurfy123

No mention of team named
The worst PR team in Ireland no doubt
They tweet during games for about 40 minutes and then just stop?
What's that all about?
You would not have known the under 21s had a game Wednesday
Down south Kerry/Cork make a massive deal about 21s..
Same team I would expect?
Donnelly into full back in place of McGovern if he is out?Massive loss if out

OgraAnDun

QuoteOfficial Down GAA‏Verified account @OfficialDownGAA

Free to Kildare takes them into a 0.04 to 0.02 lead on 29 mins scored by Feely dodgy enough free too

At least they're staying neutral on the Twitter account  ;D

Smurfy123

It's painful stuff to watch this
Down by 4 strong breeze now this half

SHEEDY

Disappointing display tonight, thought kildare were well worth the win. They were stronger, especially around the middle 3rd and more direct in their attacking play. We were slow and seemed to go sideways most of the time and when we did go direct the ball didnt stick. The management were slow to make changes when the game was slipping away. Need a win next week now to have a chance to stay up.
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Hard game to watch when we play like that
Everyone behind the ball with the exception of Barry O Hagen
No one to kick the ball to when we took the ball off Kildare especially in the first half
Do we have a kickout strategy?
That Kildare team were missing there 3 most influential players tonight.
I think I got carried away after beating Derry

whitegoodman

Not like you to get carried away Smurfy !

Smurfy123

Ha ha
It's a strabge league whitegoodman
Where do you think we are at?
In terms of progress?

Down4sam2020

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 18, 2017, 09:48:41 PM
Ha ha
It's a strabge league whitegoodman
Where do you think we are at?
In terms of progress?
we are were we deserve to be.  we're a bottom half division 2 team and thats our level at the minute. Still think our strongest team is not on the field, at present we just dont have enough scoring forwards especially against the better teams.
nil satis nisi optimum

whitegoodman

We have the players to be a top div 2 team and a management team to be a div 4 team IMO.   Maybe a little harsh on the management but the are too slow to react. 

Midfield was struggling all night and even 6 down they waited until it was too late until late to get support on for O Hagan up front.  Can't understand how Davidson (with all due respect) is brought on when you are chasing a game instead of Jerome.

In fairness they have seemed to find a position for Mooney that he is thriving in, a position that I thought would have suited Ryan Johnston and could still do on the other side.  McKernan is also thriving in the sweeper role.

That aside I think the management have gone from a position of no return to seeing out the year and thanks for your service but we will now be looking elsewhere.

Targetman

Poor enough performance tonight, we won't win many games if we don't push more men up when attacking, I know we have to be organised defensively but tonight it was hard to see where the scores were going to come from, not enough scoring forwards and midfield struggling again to win possession from our kickouts, it's going to take a big performance against either Galway or Cork for us to survive in div 2

Smurfy123

Yes I'd be of the feeling that the management will step down at the end of the year and it will probably be a relief for him after a torrid 19 months in the job.
I was thinking Deegans to step up from 21s but not now
It's quite amazing the lack of scorer forwards who started that game
Take o hagen out how many of our other 5 forwards or 2 midfielders actually threatened the Kildare defence?
With the exception of Mooney we had very little else alll over the field
And that was us full out last night except for JJ and Paul Devlin Donal o Hare?
Anyword on Paul Devlin I seen him kicking about at half time?
Any updates on Donal O Hare?
I hate harping on about it but the PR team in this county need to step up to the plate.
1500 people at last nights game any wonder.2-3 seasons ago we probably would be getting an average of 4000 at home games