Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

The positivity on here is truly inspiring.

Brick Tamlin

Ok. Ehhhhhh Downs going to hammer Armagh on Wednesday night?
That what you would like to hear?
Also The Seniors will get promoted to Div 1, win an Ulster Title and make the All-Ireland Final.

wobbller

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on March 14, 2017, 08:41:43 AM
Ok. Ehhhhhh Downs going to hammer Armagh on Wednesday night?
That what you would like to hear?
Also The Seniors will get promoted to Div 1, win an Ulster Title and make the All-Ireland Final.
Good thinking.

Lecale Gael

am sure everyone knows that opinions on here from 20 or so posters are only read by about 40/50 others

positivity is commendable but opinions cant be shoehorned into positivity for positivities sake  :)

we have no barometer for u21s other than this group at minor grade made no notable advances
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

SamFever

Quote from: Lecale Gael on March 14, 2017, 11:19:15 AM
am sure everyone knows that opinions on here from 20 or so posters are only read by about 40/50 others

positivity is commendable but opinions cant be shoehorned into positivity for positivities sake  :)

we have no barometer for u21s other than this group at minor grade made no notable advances
Barometer doesn't look good alright.
2014 Minor Preliminary Round Healy Park  Tyrone 1-18 Down 2-6
Down – M Reid, M Harte, C Fitzpatrick, L Byrne, N Rafferty, J Donnan, K McEvoy [0-1], S Dobbin, C McCartan, P Lively, J Guinness [0-1], R Millar, P Og McCrickard, R Treanor [0-3], F Aiken [0-1]. Subs – CJ Barr for Dobbin, S McConville [1-0] for McCrickard, G McDowell for Millar, T Rushe [1-0] for Lively, S Hardy for McCartan, P Laverty for Donnan

rosskarr

Quote from: SamFever on March 14, 2017, 12:53:01 PM

Down – M Reid, M Harte, C Fitzpatrick, L Byrne, N Rafferty, J Donnan, K McEvoy [0-1], S Dobbin, C McCartan, P Lively, J Guinness [0-1], R Millar, P Og McCrickard, R Treanor [0-3], F Aiken [0-1]. Subs – CJ Barr for Dobbin, S McConville [1-0] for McCrickard, G McDowell for Millar, T Rushe [1-0] for Lively, S Hardy for McCartan, P Laverty for Donnan
Where are they now springs to mind.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: SamFever on March 14, 2017, 12:53:01 PM

How many of this team is on the U21's though? The promotional work and PR for this team and match from the county board has been top notch 🙄🙄

thewobbler

Reid will be starting

Byrne is playing for Shamrocks and I don't think he made the panel.
Fitzpatrick will most likely start.
Harte is injured or most likely would have been playing.

Rafferty is struggling for form at Shamrocks.
Donnan was CHB last year but I don't think he made it this year. Might be injured.
McEvoy I don't think made the panel.
McCartan will most likely start.

Dobbin has hardly kicked a ball since.
Barr has settled into goals at Mayobridge and I'd expect him to be next year's keeper.

Millar will most likely start.
Guinness will most likely start.
Lively wrecked his cruciate and hasn't quite fit back to speed.

Treanor will most likely start.
McCrickard will most likely start.

Of the subs, Murdock, McConville and Rushe will likely start, maybe Laverty too - though he has two full years left at this level. I'd be surprised if McDowell and Hardy aren't in the mix too as they both start week in week out in D1. I've no idea about Aiken.

---

Ceilum Doherty, Conor Francis, Sean Gallagher and Ruairi Campbell likely to be the new faces involved.

Apart from a clear out of the Shamrocks contingent, it's actually not that much change.

rosskarr

Quote from: thewobbler on March 14, 2017, 07:34:34 PM
Reid will be starting

Byrne is playing for Shamrocks and I don't think he made the panel.
Fitzpatrick will most likely start.
Harte is injured or most likely would have been playing.

Rafferty is struggling for form at Shamrocks.
Donnan was CHB last year but I don't think he made it this year. Might be injured.
McEvoy I don't think made the panel.
McCartan will most likely start.

Dobbin has hardly kicked a ball since.
Barr has settled into goals at Mayobridge and I'd expect him to be next year's keeper.

Millar will most likely start.
Guinness will most likely start.
Lively wrecked his cruciate and hasn't quite fit back to speed.

Treanor will most likely start.
McCrickard will most likely start.

Of the subs, Murdock, McConville and Rushe will likely start, maybe Laverty too - though he has two full years left at this level. I'd be surprised if McDowell and Hardy aren't in the mix too as they both start week in week out in D1. I've no idea about Aiken.

---

Ceilum Doherty, Conor Francis, Sean Gallagher and Ruairi Campbell likely to be the new faces involved.

Apart from a clear out of the Shamrocks contingent, it's actually not that much change.
Thanks Wobbler,good pre-match summary.As hedgehunter implies the PR is woeful.I actually think the PR Officer is worse than the previous one.Non-existent.

Hedgehunter

You wouldn't even know the match was on unless you had your ear to the ground. I only know that Ronan Millar is on the panel due to seeing him in the Irish News.. Couldn't tell ya one more player on the panel. Is Rushe even there?? I seen that he was taking the soccer pretty seriously this past while??

Smurfy123

Fair play Wobbler.Great run through the panel from previous years
PR on this has been absolutely shameful
Hard to know what way this will go.Armagh are missing quite a few but again have not a clue what the Down team is.Was there a panel announced anytime?

rosskarr

Quote from: Hedgehunter on March 14, 2017, 09:46:20 PM
You wouldn't even know the match was on unless you had your ear to the ground. I only know that Ronan Millar is on the panel due to seeing him in the Irish News.. Couldn't tell ya one more player on the panel. Is Rushe even there?? I seen that he was taking the soccer pretty seriously this past while??
Who is Rushe playing soccer for?

Hedgehunter

Quote from: rosskarr on March 14, 2017, 10:32:21 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on March 14, 2017, 09:46:20 PM
Who is Rushe playing soccer for?

Armagh...

rosskarr

Quote from: TooLongRef on February 08, 2016, 09:12:11 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on February 08, 2016, 09:09:57 PM
Quote from: clowry13 on February 08, 2016, 09:00:38 PM
Sorry. I meant to say Mcgarry, got completely mixed up between him and Rushe... Although, in reply to NP.. Mckernan will clearly start, he's been the best player in recent Ulster championship games. It's only feburary
clowry13, you wanted Rushe on the panel before Christmas (is he still devoted to Ballyholland and GAA or is he in soccer mode these months?)Last season you said McGarry hadn't done it in Div2 last year so how does he merit inclusion now when there has been no football recently?

No rosskarr he's still devoted to Ballyholland and also his county under 21's 'these months' ya wankbag. Hasn't kicked a soccer ball in 2 years either, shows how much you really know.
Written a while ago by someone about devotion.Armagh City soccer😀😀.Top class standard.

TooLongRef

Quote from: rosskarr on March 15, 2017, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: TooLongRef on February 08, 2016, 09:12:11 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on February 08, 2016, 09:09:57 PM
Quote from: clowry13 on February 08, 2016, 09:00:38 PM
Sorry. I meant to say Mcgarry, got completely mixed up between him and Rushe... Although, in reply to NP.. Mckernan will clearly start, he's been the best player in recent Ulster championship games. It's only feburary
clowry13, you wanted Rushe on the panel before Christmas (is he still devoted to Ballyholland and GAA or is he in soccer mode these months?)Last season you said McGarry hadn't done it in Div2 last year so how does he merit inclusion now when there has been no football recently?

No rosskarr he's still devoted to Ballyholland and also his county under 21's 'these months' ya wankbag. Hasn't kicked a soccer ball in 2 years either, shows how much you really know.
Written a while ago by someone about devotion.Armagh City soccer😀😀.Top class standard.

You seem to be obsessed with young Rushe rosskarr. He'll be there tomorrow night playing for down, what's wrong with the lad playing a bit of soccer over the Gaelic off season? Clown