Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

tullylish v bredagh

gormley was very good again, scored at least 7 points and set up a few more with some very clever knock downs. had tullylish played someone in front of him it may have been a different result. from a neutral point of view it was a very entertaining game. never more than a kick of the ball in it, draw was probably a fair result.

does anyone know why bredagh were playing in bryansford jerseys for the first half? or why the ref went off at half time?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Square Ball

The Bredagh game was nip and tuck the entire game with no more that a couple for points separating the teams. Wont pick out and individuals but we did take our scores well. looking forward to the Saul game, its like all the games and i have said to previously, everyone is capable eachother its that close. Tullylish had a free to win the game with the last kick which, from a Bredagh perspective anyway, thankfully didn't go over

what happens in the event of a three/four way tie? if there are two with the same points who tops the table?

the ref had to go off as he was accidental "Taken out" and wasn't able to start the second half, hope he is OK.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

goldenyears

an objective non biased view on the game there 5ive times ;D

do g/drumman play b/bridge now to decide who goes down, or do all teams play each other once?

off the laces

Down Fanatic you did derserve to win the match although if saul had of got a draw it would have been some reward for the way they played in the second half. Yes you did have a man sent off but for two occasions in the last 15mins you's had 12 men inside your own half and really did soak up some pressure which should lady luck have been shining on saul could have sent you home with nothing.
What was your opinion of the ref ?
Although i will say if saul forwards had of been on song and those last four attempts at goal where knocked over the bar we would all have been rejoycing towards the slaney with two points our play did not deserve. Lets hope this weekends results put everything back into the mixer going into the last matchday.
Keeps 'er' straight

downredblack

I heard Ross and DJ has called a group of about 50 or so together as a possible training squad , Do people think it will be more or less the same team as last year ? Or is there a chance of turning up a few defenders that haven't previously had a chance at it . I remember this time last year someone said that there was no "rough diamonds " to be found in Down . Looking back on last year's team and performances they were probably right . We live in hope though .

goldenyears

m walsh, b grant dropped from panel. d campbell from ballyholland didnt get call back.

havent heard much else yet

downredblack

They deff. dont rate Grant , Surprised at walsh , I thought he was going well with the Bridge after getting over injury .

downredblack

Just seen the below on HS , Did anyone hear if there is any truth in it ?

County team
A brillant start has been made to the start of the county season, stone boys didn't show up to the meeting, bridge boys stormed out....well done ross it must be said.

passedit

Down GAA Fixtures

Saturday 29 September

In Ballyholland

1pm RFC Final

Burren v Castlewellan

2.30pm PRFC Final

Burren v Clonduff

O'Neills International Sportswear 5pm

Div One

Mayobridge v An Riocht

In Liatroim: Bryansford v Loughinisland

Div Two

In Newry: Saval v Ballyholland

In Rostrevor: Clann Na Banna v Glasdrumman

Div Three

In Ballela: Dundrum v Tullylish

In Downpatrick: Saul v Bredagh

In Glenn: Mitchels v Drumgath

Sunday 30 September

12pm ACPRFL S19

An Riocht v Warrenpoint

Longstone v Rostrevor

Kilcoo v Mayobridge

Liatroim v Downpatrick (off)

Bryansford v Clonduff (off)

1.15pm in Portaferry

Down Democrat IHC Final

Ballygalget v Ballycran

In Newcastle

2.30pm JFC Final

Bosco v Drumaness

4pm Around A Pound IFC Final

Ballymartin v Downpatrick

Any Drumgath posters around to shed light on your intentions for this game? Rumour doing the rounds in Castlewellan yesterday was ye were threatening not to field? I'd be well pissed off myself if I was in your shoes but surely you'd be unbackable favourites to beat Mitchels anyway?
Don't Panic

behind the wire

passedit where did you get those fixtures from? didnt think relegation playoffs were being played on a saturday this year.

passedit

Co Board press release.

Saturday could be a major issue for a few teams i'd say.
Don't Panic

dundrumite

where exactly is ballela? what sort of pitch is it?

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on September 24, 2007, 05:51:32 PM
where exactly is ballela? what sort of pitch is it?

its in between the back of beyound and the middle of nowhere!!

its not really that hard to get there, and its one of the best pitches I have seen, its a hurling pitch and its like a snooker table its that flat
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

behind the wire

probably the best way to describe ballela is between banbridge and dromara. its a great pitch, just new. ask whitehair for directions, he'll be able to tell you the best way from dundrum.

passedit

http://www.ballela.com/

There are decent directions on their website.

I cut thistles on their old pitch a few times when they were stuck
Don't Panic