Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Forgot me Boots on September 20, 2007, 05:24:22 PM
Guys

looking at the teams in the 3rd division promotion playoffs it could come down to a four way tie, well thats if my maths is correct.

if thats the case, or there are 2 teams on the same points what is the next deciding factor for the winner, then whats next?

the way things are going i can see a 2 way tie at least, the four teams in it are capable of beating eachother, I have no idea, DF or Down Statto do you?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

I'd be very surprised if the CCC allow any club to drop from Senior to Junior in one year. They'll have to play a year at intermediate.

Lecale2

Out right betting for the SFC:

Mayobridge  1/3   
Longstone  9/4

Ladbrookes

stpauls

Quote from: stiffler on September 20, 2007, 05:30:54 PM
Is it true that Drumgath are jumping from the Senior Championship down to the Junior Championship next year? surely they are too good for that level

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 20, 2007, 09:29:12 PM
I'd be very surprised if the CCC allow any club to drop from Senior to Junior in one year. They'll have to play a year at intermediate.

yeah, i would have thought they would have at least just gone back down to intermediate level, they would be to good for junior level IMO, would probably just go straight back up a level after next season i would think.

Brick Tamlin

My Predictions for this weekend - the shitty playoffs etc are returning with the cold weather & dark evenings - YIPPEEEEEEEEEE

Saturday 22 September

Div One 5pm

Mayobridge v Clonduff  [Bridge]
Castlewellan v Longstone [Castlewellan]
Burren v An Riocht [Draw]

Sunday 23 September

Down Democrat SHC Final (3.30pm in Portaferry)
Ballycran v Ballygalget [Ballycran]

Div One Playoff in Castlewellan
3pm Liatroim v Loughinisland [Liatroim]

Div Two Playoffs in Clonduff:
1.30pm Ballyholland v Downpatrick  [Ballyholland]
3pm Saval v Ballymartin [Draw]
In Atticall 3pm: Warrenpoint v Glassdrumman [Warrenpoint]

Div Three Playoffs in Newcastle:
1.30pm Tullylish v Bredagh [Tullylish]
3pm Saul v Dundrum [Saul]
In Castlewellan 1.30pm: Mitchels v St. Pauls [Mitchells]

Aristotle Flynn

I'm thinking of headin over for the senior hurling final on Sunday. Where is the pitch in Portaferry when you come off the ferry from Strangford?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Bacon

Turn right when you come off the boat. Drive along the sea front then turn left into Cook Street. The pitch is up that road about half mile.
I'm headin across myself so I'll maybe be on the same boat. Ballygalget will be favorites and I expect them to sneek it by a point in a very tight game. Anybody else going over? Will the bar in the club house be open?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Cloc Mor

QuoteLooks like it, after winning the imtermediate they were in the Senior, now in a relegation play off, paid a big price for having county players on the team, and other problems.

Problems began after the Championship win last year by taking Sheerin back - the senior team has been in freefall ever since.

southdown

What did Sheerin do?  I heard he's a bit of a loose cannon alright.

Cloc Mor

I'll leave that up to the Drumgath posters to tell you.  He's madness personified. 

Our Nail Loney

DownFanatic

Down U-16 A Football Championship Final

Kilcoo 1-13  Ballyholland 1-07

Down U-16 B Football Championship Final

Naomh Seosamh (Ballykinlar/Dundrum) 3-03  Drumgath 2-10

southdown

Castlewellan 0-15 2-08 Longstone.

Top 4 seems highly unlikely, apparantly An Riocht were beating Burren by 6 the last I heard.

Townie

feel for the stone in the county final on tonights performance they were pure shite against us tonight, they are very average

bridgegael

bridge beat clonduff 2;15  to 10 points
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"