Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardo

Mickey is a young lad - has played at a high level and his background as a physio will do no harm. Didn't he travel to Australia and work in a professional set up as part of a course?
Paddy Hardy has been around a long time - I've seen him take sessions with underage teams at our club and deserves a bit of respect too.
We are too quick to judge these men before they have even started. Any wonder it's getting harder to get men to take teams

rosskarr

Quote from: Leonardo on October 19, 2016, 09:59:50 PM
Mickey is a young lad - has played at a high level and his background as a physio will do no harm. Didn't he travel to Australia and work in a professional set up as part of a course?
Paddy Hardy has been around a long time - I've seen him take sessions with underage teams at our club and deserves a bit of respect too.
We are too quick to judge these men before they have even started. Any wonder it's getting harder to get men to take teams
just my view.

geezer57

Any word how the trials have been going? Any new likely new comers?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Leonardo on October 19, 2016, 09:59:50 PM

Paddy Hardy didn't really set the world on fire when he was over Dundrum

oileain blues

Hells bells, why is everybody so judgemental about guys they know little or nothing about, if your going to criticise do it after a little bit of research, for the record Micky Walsh was an outstanding player , has a fistful of county medals, is an outstanding coach and will bring a lot to the table as part of the new u21 management team,which by the way is headed by a two time all Ireland winner who has managed some serious teams in Dublin, so let's give these guys a little time.

SamFever

Quote from: oileain blues on October 21, 2016, 08:52:53 PM
Hells bells, why is everybody so judgemental about guys they know little or nothing about, if your going to criticise do it after a little bit of research, for the record Micky Walsh was an outstanding player , has a fistful of county medals, is an outstanding coach and will bring a lot to the table as part of the new u21 management team,which by the way is headed by a two time all Ireland winner who has managed some serious teams in Dublin, so let's give these guys a little time.
"Astounding"in that you describe Walsh as an outstanding player and an outstanding Coach.
    A good player alright but when and where did this outstanding coaching occur?

snoopdog

Give the guys a chance. Bitch about them in March if we get dumped out early doors. But it looks a good appointment. Who else is going to do it?

oileain blues

Sam you obviously must have been some player in your day and time will show that Micky Walsh is an outstanding coach

supersub

A two time or twenty two time All Ireland winner makes no difference to coaching ability.

5 Sams

Quote from: supersub on October 21, 2016, 10:47:09 PM
A two time or twenty two time All Ireland winner makes no difference to coaching ability.

+1 Best manager we ever had never won an AI medal...same with Pat O'Shea and Jack O'Connor.....not to forget a certain Mr M Harte. Im looking forward to what Conor has to offer.
The Aristocrat Years

Samforever

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 21, 2016, 10:52:51 PM
Quote from: supersub on October 21, 2016, 10:47:09 PM

+1 Best manager we ever had never won an AI medal...same with Pat O'Shea and Jack O'Connor.....not to forget a certain Mr M Harte. Im looking forward to what Conor has to offer.
[/quote
You are 100% right but it would be wrong to judge Deegan on  the outcome of this years U21s given what this age group have achieved in the past though it would be difficult to imagine any thing more embarrassing than is the 2016

Smurfy123

Another shambles for county board
Deegans = ????????

5 Sams

I think its a good move putting Conor in there. Serious experience in the bear pit that is the Dublin championship. I think he'll bring something new to the county setup..remains to be seen. Good luck to him.
The Aristocrat Years

oileain blues

All I'm saying is give the guys a chance, don't forget it's a long time since we won an u21 championship game and if you were in Newry and watched Armagh destroy our u21s in last years championship you would understand the size of the task that awaits the new management team, so I'm calling for support for these guys,

SamFever

A bit eerie on here at the minute.Think I'll go in the road to watch Kilcoo on Sunday.