Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samforever

A few senior clubs looking for new managers following the announcement of that U21 management team

No1

That's a pretty good management team for the senior hurling, what do you reckon Johnneycool?

Is Big Conor continuing with the RGU also?

Smurfy123

Anyone any idea what is Murray like??
Has a good record with St Colmans College?
I'm maybe being a bit hard on him but I was expecting a bigger name.No disrespect

Deegans is staying with Downpatrick he notified the players after last Saturday

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Samforever on October 15, 2016, 02:29:28 PM
A few senior clubs looking for new managers following the announcement of that U21 management team
CPN/Warrenpoint would be great opportunity/team for someone to take on. Nobody expecting too much apart from at least staying in division 1. Bernie Ruane has done a great job. Most of these boys aged 20 - 25. Like I said good opportunity for someone. Poucher ? 

5 Sams

Quote from: Leftmidfield on October 15, 2016, 08:09:45 PM
CPN/Warrenpoint would be great opportunity/team for someone to take on. Nobody expecting too much apart from at least staying in division 1. Bernie Ruane has done a great job. Most of these boys aged 20 - 25. Like I said good opportunity for someone. Poucher ?

F**k off!!
The Aristocrat Years

outinfront

Good luck to Kilcoo today. Hopefully 2 wins for the Down teams in Ulster.

SHEEDY

brillant win for kilcoo, 1-8 to 0-9 against scotstown. listened to match on radio and the guys on commentary were very impressed with kilcoo's team play and workrate against a very good scotstown team. hopefully they can go on to win it now. good win for bredagh as well making it a good day for down clubs in ulster.
nil satis nisi optimum

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 15, 2016, 08:17:42 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on October 15, 2016, 08:09:45 PM

F**k off!!

well its either him or Dawson will take the point. you may resign yourself to losing the guru to bigger and better things. Sure he could do no more in Ballyholland.

Dubh driocht

Bredagh won't be getting carried away with a big win in Donegal; for the second week in a row Burt had to play 80 minutes of football yesterday to overcome Milford after extra time. Bad show by the Donegal County Board. Next up are Monaghan champions on the 30th- hopefully Rockcorry as Down teams owe them one.

Dubh driocht

Its Donaghmoyne for Bredagh.
Great win for Kilcoo.

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 15, 2016, 07:44:56 PM
Anyone any idea what is Murray like??
Has a good record with St Colmans College?
I'm maybe being a bit hard on him but I was expecting a bigger name.No disrespect

Deegans is staying with Downpatrick he notified the players after last Saturday
So much for the stipulation about whoever gets the Down job couldn't be involved with a Club team at U16 or above.

Smurfy123

Do you really think Conor is going to walk away from the Downpatrick job after getting them promoted this year.And he gets well looked after too.He is most definitely staying as he notified the players last Saturday.Sure he can hardly get sacked for taking his own club.

Any news is Murray in as trainer with Down?He has won a few Hogan cups with St Colmans.Hopefully he brings something to the senior set up

elk

CPN is a great opportunity for someone to take on. They have a lot of talented players there at the moment and probably haven't achieved as much as some would have expected.Dont think they as a club would be happy to just stay in the 1st division as apart from Kilcoo there is not much between the rest. Maybe the right time for a change of management and Poacher could be the man to take them to the next level.

SamFever

CD may well have notified his 2016 RGU players but the e-mail sent out to Clubs
stated no one involved in management at U16 and above was eligible
to apply for the U21 County Manager's position.Are we as a County now changing the rules to get our man who I think is a good appointment.The process is flawed if Conor continues as Downpatrick manager as this has ruled out other potential candidates who may have applied had the stipulation not been in place.Another c**k-up in a long line of them over the years concerning the appointment of County managerial positions.

downup

That is a massive win for Kilcoo yesterday, they must really fancy their chances now. The U21 management team is as strong as we could have hoped for IMO and it will be interesting to see how they progress with a team which didn't do much at minor level from memory. Cathal Murray is a good appointment to the senior squad and has plenty of coaching experience. His appointment leaves an obvious vacancy at Saul where he has been for the past few years and by the looks of things a lot of sidelines are going to have new faces this year in Div 1 and 2. Burren, Mayobridge, Warrenpoint, Saval, Rostrevor, Glen, Castlewellan, St Johns, Banbridge, Tullylish, Leitrim, all on the lookout for new managers so should be interesting to here what appointments are made over the coming months.