Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice Moss

PaudieSull1

I'm assuming he is referring to Eamon Burns staying on as senior manager or maybe the fact that 100k in fees etc is owed by clubs to the county board.......hard for the clubs to say too much about the exec when a lot of them aren't playing their own bills!

johnneycool

Quote from: PaudieSull1 on July 07, 2016, 11:36:49 PM
I'm assuming he is referring to Eamon Burns staying on as senior manager or maybe the fact that 100k in fees etc is owed by clubs to the county board.......hard for the clubs to say too much about the exec when a lot of them aren't playing their own bills!

Are all county fees not direct debited now?

I know we'd set up a direct debit for referees and were due a reimbursement, so was a bit surprised to read on here that some referees hadn't been given their expenses.

PaudieSull1

Having a direct debit set up and having the money to pay it are two different things! Sure the ref payments were meant to be done the same way but half the clubs weren't paying leading to most of the problems.

A lot of clubs want their cake and to eat it but you can't have it all your own way and they need to take some responsibility for lack of funds as they aren't paying their fees or insurance etc when they should.

As I have said a few times it's easy to blame one or two individuals for Down woes but there is a far greater circle of blame including many clubs

cut the crap

Paudi you really do toe the party line, granted there are some clubs behind in fees , there are even clubs who are refusing to pay the increased public liability insurance because the reasons given for the increase are spurious , all the clubs in Ireland are not faced with the same hike,you haven't mentioned anything about the mis management of funds or the fact that certain individuals on the county ex are still in charge of county finances to the tune of hundreds of thousands when the same click couldn't run a tuck shop.
It's easy to criticise the clubs but the fault lies to a large extent elsewhere .

AS

Quote from: cut the crap on July 08, 2016, 07:24:55 PM
Paudi you really do toe the party line, granted there are some clubs behind in fees , there are even clubs who are refusing to pay the increased public liability insurance because the reasons given for the increase are spurious , all the clubs in Ireland are not faced with the same hike,you haven't mentioned anything about the mis management of funds or the fact that certain individuals on the county ex are still in charge of county finances to the tune of hundreds of thousands when the same click couldn't run a tuck shop.
It's easy to criticise the clubs but the fault lies to a large extent elsewhere .
FS, cut the crap, give it a rest, you're as bad as the Down Way-maybe you are him also.Have you not learnt your lesson in your Club FB postings just over two years ago?

cut the crap

AS what club are you from, I'm unsure to what you refer to but if you have a logical explanation as to why the county are in the mess we are in , please share it with us , and at the same time explain in detail how we are going to get out of the mess,and because you are obviously so knowledgeable about all things Down GAA enlighten us with how you see the next 2 - 3 years panning out on and of the field under the current regime , I only want what's best for Down GAA but what will it take before people like yourself suddenly realise that we have major problems and they ain't going away without change or maybe your happy with what is currently going on.

supersub

Imagine yourself as a son, or wife, or brother of someone who was getting slaughtered daily on an open discussion forum by keyboard warriors who aren't man enough to give their names or bring anything constructive to County Board to improve the situation. It must be completely demoralising for the individuals concerned, and it is quite frankly disgusting behaviour by the perpetrators. Everyone knows your feelings, and fair enough you aren't happy, that's grand, but stop repeating it and constantly slating one or two individuals. Another thing, don't try and confront me as some sort of county board member or 'nodding dog' or whatever awful terms you have used. I'm completely impartial and have no connection to anyone concerned in the debate. I'm just sick of reading the constant humiliation of one or two people.

bannside

As an outsider looking in, and speaking as someone who has always looked up to the Down tradition I am saddened to see your current demise. But the consistent haranguing of one man as if he is responsible for all is totally ludicrous.

Cut the Crap and The Down Way - youse are bang out of order. If you have ANY worthwhile credibility in your own clubs you will start your campaign there, within the confines of the association and not on a public forum. What you too are doing is not the GAA way and I'd say that even the people here who support your views do not support your methods. In fact I would say most genuine gaels are appalled by your cowardly tactics.

Remove that photo Down Way. That's way over the top and not the way things are done.

AS

Quote from: cut the crap on July 09, 2016, 04:42:37 AM
AS what club are you from, I'm unsure to what you refer to but if you have a logical explanation as to why the county are in the mess we are in , please share it with us , and at the same time explain in detail how we are going to get out of the mess,and because you are obviously so knowledgeable about all things Down GAA enlighten us with how you see the next 2 - 3 years panning out on and of the field under the current regime , I only want what's best for Down GAA but what will it take before people like yourself suddenly realise that we have major problems and they ain't going away without change or maybe your happy with what is currently going on.
Where I'm from is irrelevant but if I was a L'island member I would be embarassed

Every body knows at this stage knows there needs to be changes at the top, but this is becoming embarrassing now the amount of showing our problems in public forums and bad mouthing decent men who did not  intentialy leave this county in the state it is at the minute.

cut the crap

As ,I'm certainly not embarrassed to be a member of the island , as a matter of fact I'm extremely proud to be not only an island Gael but a down Gael,and as such would take an active interest in both organisation s well being,I'm not saying we are perfect but if we run our club the way Down GAA is being run we would be out of business.In your post you finally acknowledged we have problems,you didn't specify but nevertheless accepted they are there.
Ok to yourself , Paudie and all the supporters of the current executive, tell me and the rest of the non supporters what you think the problems are and how your going to address them, and with particular reference to our finances give me a blow by blow account of how we are in a financial quick sand with no prospect of getting out of it and how this situation will be turned around.
No personal attacks not that there ever was no photographs because I think that's wrong and I'm not ashamed or embarrassed of what I have said and certainly look forward to the day to be given the opportunity in an open forum to put forward relevant questions and hopefully be get answers.

SHEEDY

longford beat monaghan tonight in the qualifiers, maybe we're not so bad after all. at least we took them to extra time.  ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Sure a bad Monaghan team hammered us by 21 points
They had 1 good player
In my view it makes us look worse
Dublin would beat Longford by 30 points
Monaghan are Poor

Lecale Gael

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 09, 2016, 09:23:53 PM
longford beat monaghan tonight in the qualifiers, maybe we're not so bad after all. at least we took them to extra time.  ;)

cringe  ::) Longford slaughtered us. the goals made it look closer than it really was.
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)