Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClutch

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 22, 2016, 10:25:28 AM
Forgive my ignorance but what the f**k is the centenary cup and shield.

Brick this statement does not surprise me. They were competitions put in place for Division 4 teams to play in during their break from Division 4 fixtures, it was an idea to give them more competitive games due to the lack of teams and therefore fixtures in the division this year. The idea was to have a showpiece evening in Newry for the two finals.

Top 4 were in the cup and bottom 4 were in the shield. All playing each other once with the top 2 competing in the respective finals.

St Paul's didn't field in any of their game for political reason (from what I heard).
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

Brick Tamlin

What are the political reasons for not playing football.?

imagine

Quote from: TheClutch on June 22, 2016, 10:52:34 AM

Brick this statement does not surprise me. They were competitions put in place for Division 4 teams to play in during their break from Division 4 fixtures, it was an idea to give them more competitive games due to the lack of teams and therefore fixtures in the division this year. The idea was to have a showpiece evening in Newry for the two finals.

Top 4 were in the cup and bottom 4 were in the shield. All playing each other once with the top 2 competing in the respective finals.

St Paul's didn't field in any of their game for political reason (from what I heard).
Clutch-you're a bollix. "(From what I heard)" You know the reason and are stirring the pot ya dick

Brick Tamlin

So why didn't St Pauls field in their scheduled games?

TheClutch

Quote from: imagine on June 22, 2016, 11:42:16 AM

Clutch-you're a bollix. "(From what I heard)" You know the reason and are stirring the pot ya dick

Well considering what I heard was not directly from a St Paul's source or club member, I'm not going to quote something I am not 100% certain on. Imagine you go ahead and clear things up for us there then.
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

Hedgehunter

Have the Championship fixtures and dates been released?

passedit

Quote from: TheClutch on June 22, 2016, 11:59:52 AM
Quote from: imagine on June 22, 2016, 11:42:16 AM

Well considering what I heard was not directly from a St Paul's source or club member, I'm not going to quote something I am not 100% certain on. Imagine you go ahead and clear things up for us there then.

Why bring it up then if you can't stand over it? Just tell us what the voices in your head told you.
Don't Panic

Lecale Gael

Down GAA Host Centenary Cup and Shield Finals on Sunday

On Sunday next in Pairc Esler Down GAA as part of its ongoing 1916-2016 Centenary celebrations and commemorations will host the Finals of the Centenary Shield and Cup Competitions. Down GAA is very proud of its historic link with the 1916 Rising as Patrick Rankin the only Newry and County Down man to have fought in the GPO in Easter Week later became the Treasurer of Down GAA in 1925 serving up until 1928 when he moved to County Kildare. Indeed further events are planned later this year to specifically acknowledge the contribution of Patrick Rankin to our Country and our County.

So on Sunday at Pairc Esler Bright and St Michaels will contest the Centenary Shield Final at 5.00pm whilst at 6.30pm East Down neighbors Ardglass and Dundrum go head to head in the Centenary Cup Final. Admission to both games is 5.00 and Under 16s are free.

Sunday gives these four clubs the chance to create their own particular piece of history and special medals have been struck for the occasion, this competition will only be played for in 2016. On Sunday evening we will give witness to history as these four Clubs from Division 4 in Down come to the County ground to do battle, to be recorded in the annals of Down GAA as winners in 2016 of a competition that is truly unique; The Centenary Shield and Centenary Cup 1916-2016.
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Brick Tamlin

Who writes this guff.
A county full of turd-polishers.

Will it be on sky sports?

east down gael

What would you have them write?they have to make it sound some way attractive.

speculative

What concerns me regarding kick outs is that it was quite obviously an issue in the league, none more so that the Dublin game and nothing seems to have changed. GK that day was Cunningham, so it's quite clearly a lack of strategy from management, which is quite bemusing considering the change in dynamics and perceptions of the importance of retaining primary possession on kick outs.

Something which even I can't blame the county board for... (apart from the fact they ousted the previous manager, leaving the vacant position unappealing to anyone with any qualifying experience, leaving the to beg a novice to take it...)

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 22, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
Who writes this guff.

when you ask smart questions like that you will understand why others avoid WUM like yourself

imagine

Quote from: Lecale Gael on June 23, 2016, 04:14:27 PM
Who writes this guff.

when you ask smart questions like that you will understand why others avoid WUM like yourself
LG, you're a WUM more like and also a W-er for your sly dig at St Pauls and you're promotion of a 2-bit excuse for a Competition and having the stupidity for printing on this forum sh-te such as "coming to the County ground to do battle" Catch yourself on.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: imagine on June 24, 2016, 12:44:24 AM
Who writes this guff.

LG, you're a WUM more like and also a W-er for your sly dig at St Pauls and you're promotion of a 2-bit excuse for a Competition and having the stupidity for printing on this forum sh-te such as "coming to the County ground to do battle" Catch yourself on.

st pauls ? where have I mentioned st pauls in any of my previous posts. think you have me confused with someone else  ;)

imagine

Quote from: Lecale Gael on June 24, 2016, 11:41:41 AM
Quote from: imagine on June 24, 2016, 12:44:24 AM
Who writes this guff.

st pauls ? where have I mentioned st pauls in any of my previous posts. think you have me confused with someone else  ;)
I'm getting you mixed up with the clutch-you're probably be the same person.