Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebar

Smurfy123

Minors did not start to play until last 15 minutes
What star players have we got at minor level??

cut the crap

Minors just not good enough on the day,started slow, playing catch up , couldn't quite do it. We can be negative but I would rather take the positives because there are plenty, we now have a good management set up , a lot of the current minor players are available next year but as stated on this forum by several contributors, we have to get the school structures right, the right county coaches in place or the same coaches with a different level of commitment and that lads is the key , commitment , to a level not seen in this county before, I listened to the greatest coach/manager of all time and that was the one thing he sought in his players,commitment total and utter no halfway houses , if we get it from an early age right through to senior level from all concerned from the girl in the county office to the lad pulling on the red and black we will get back to where we should be, and one other thing ditch the notion we are second class, the same coach told me his ideas were founded on how Down played, we have lost our way but i am now more convinced than ever we will be back, now to the next event ,An Dun Abu keep the faith

interested

Quote from: cut the crap on May 30, 2016, 10:09:17 PM
Minors just not good enough on the day,started slow, playing catch up , couldn't quite do it. We can be negative but I would rather take the positives because there are plenty, we now have a good management set up , a lot of the current minor players are available next year but as stated on this forum by several contributors, we have to get the school structures right, the right county coaches in place or the same coaches with a different level of commitment and that lads is the key , commitment , to a level not seen in this county before, I listened to the greatest coach/manager of all time and that was the one thing he sought in his players,commitment total and utter no halfway houses , if we get it from an early age right through to senior level from all concerned from the girl in the county office to the lad pulling on the red and black we will get back to where we should be, and one other thing ditch the notion we are second class, the same coach told me his ideas were founded on how Down played, we have lost our way but i am now more convinced than ever we will be back, now to the next event ,An Dun Abu keep the faith
And that it's all sorted now.

intheknowhow

Monaghan kicked 17 wides i read in a match report? Where we that far off them?

Lecale Gael

here's a novel idea......why not just lay off the minors and give them a chance to progress instead of continual sniping before they even get a decent run at it

glass half empty brigade
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

wobbller

Quote from: Lecale Gael on June 01, 2016, 03:42:24 PM
here's a novel idea......why not just lay off the minors and give them a chance to progress instead of continual sniping before they even get a decent run at it

glass half empty brigade
a decent run at what? Their county season is over and most of them are in their final year so minor career is also finished. Novel?

cut the crap

We , as a county face a problem next year , there's no minor football , clubs will have to provide football for the guys from age 18 to 20 , otherwise clubs could potentially lose players to other sports , am I right in thinking this or has there been a u turn , I'm confused and worried at the same time, any body any solutions or thoughts?

wobbller

Quote from: cut the crap on June 01, 2016, 09:34:39 PM
We , as a county face a problem next year , there's no minor football , clubs will have to provide football for the guys from age 18 to 20 , otherwise clubs could potentially lose players to other sports , am I right in thinking this or has there been a u turn , I'm confused and worried at the same time, any body any solutions or thoughts?
Cut the crap,what do you mean no Minor Football?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: wobbller on June 01, 2016, 09:36:45 PM

I think he means plans to move minor to U17, but is that not for county football only? This year minors was meant to be U19 but that decision was reversed as well?

wobbller

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 01, 2016, 09:47:31 PM
Quote from: wobbller on June 01, 2016, 09:36:45 PM

I think he means plans to move minor to U17, but is that not for county football only? This year minors was meant to be U19 but that decision was reversed as well?
County Minor is U17 from 2018 on so I still don't know what he means.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: wobbller on June 01, 2016, 04:18:15 PM
Quote from: Lecale Gael on June 01, 2016, 03:42:24 PM

glass half empty brigade
a decent run at what? Their county season is over and most of them are in their final year so minor career is also finished. Novel?

at county football.
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

TheClutch

Any news on when the starting 15 for Sunday will be announced?
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

SHEEDY

does anyone know if there is a game of any sort on before the down match this sunday?
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Monaghan team named:

1. Rory Beggan (Scotstown)
2. Colin Walshe (Doohamlet)
3. Drew Wylie (Ballybay)
4. Ryan Wylie (Ballybay)
5. Dessie Mone (Clontibret)
6. Vinny Corey (Clontibret)
7. Karl O'Connell (Tyholland)
8. Neil McAdam (Monaghan Harps)
9. Kieran Hughes (Scotstown)