Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: imagine on May 19, 2016, 07:00:04 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 19, 2016, 06:06:35 PM
Yawn?
It's a discussion board you fool
Have a look at your own comments then talk about yawn
Just my opinion.

Then you would be better articulating it rather than taking the piss out of someone who has written a fairly lengthy counter argument to a previous point.

Smurfy123

Fair play ogra
I thought it was a valid point

imagine

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 19, 2016, 09:04:31 PM
Fair play ogra
Which in turn is  is your opinion.I couldn't really articulate my opinion without insulting him which I
don't want to do.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: imagine on May 19, 2016, 09:46:33 PM
Fair play ogra
Which in turn is  is your opinion.I couldn't really articulate my opinion without insulting him which I
don't want to do.

Smurfy puts forward an argument stating that Tyrone's various underage teams do not play with the same tactical style as their senior team. If you disagree with the point then you can put forward evidence or a theory which disproves this. If someone gets offended by that they have no place on an opinion forum. If you're unable to structure an argument without offending someone through personal digs/taunts/insults then likewise you would have no place on the board.

I mightn't comment much on this thread but I like to think that when I do it gives more of an insight into Down football then 'yawn zzz'. If you're not willing to write a decent response don't belittle people who do.

imagine

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 19, 2016, 10:24:19 PM
Quote from: imagine on May 19, 2016, 09:46:33 PM
Fair play ogra
don't want to do.

Smurfy puts forward an argument stating that Tyrone's various underage teams do not play with the same tactical style as their senior team. If you disagree with the point then you can put forward evidence or a theory which disproves this. If someone gets offended by that they have no place on an opinion forum. If you're unable to structure an argument without offending someone through personal digs/taunts/insults then likewise you would have no place on the board.

I mightn't comment much on this thread but I like to think that when I do it gives more of an insight into Down football then 'yawn zzz'. If you're not willing to write a decent response don't belittle people who do.
Super insight oh wise one.

Smurfy123

Your previous 8 posts have hardly been insightful
Taken wee digs looking other board members to commend you

imagine

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 20, 2016, 12:23:32 AM
I am not looking commendation from other posters least of al you.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 20, 2016, 12:23:32 AM

I think it's clear we've found a WUM, no point arguing with him.

SamFever

With there being starred games tonight it may cause a few upsets.

Ed Hardy

Not long now til the Monaghan game, anyone hazard a guess at the starting 15? Any players called into the squad after the national league?

Smurfy123

So Tyrone played a totally different style of football today than what they played last season
And people talk about all out Down teams playing the same way
If all our teams played the same way we would be very predictable
Peter Harte came through on goal in the first half point was on Harte give the 1-2 with Cavanagh back of net is that's style of play or would that be Harte thinking on his feet??

Mourne Rover

In response to Ed Hardy's question, it is particularly difficult to predict a starting 15 for Clones because it is the first championship game for a new manager who has just come through a very difficult league. We can be fairly sure that Kane will be in goals and it would be a huge surprise if Gerard McGovern, who has nailed down his position quietly and effectively, is not at full back. Darren O'Hagan should be in one corner but there are several candidates for the other side. McArdle will hopefully be fit and could be in either the full back or half back line. Carr is the likely centre half and Burns clearly feels that O'Hanlon's overlapping potential balances out his occasionally haphazard distribution.
Turley should be at midfield with Brown possibly beside him. Burns has so far favoured McKernan and Conaill McGovern as defensively minded forwards which only leaves four other spots. Poland's league form was mixed but he has apparently shown up well in challenge games and Devlin's ability as a left sided free taker could get him in. O'Hare and Barry O'Hagan may be in the full forward line but there are plenty of other contenders. We should have a team with plenty of pace, youth and hunger but we can only hope that they are capable of putting it up to a vastly experienced Monaghan side on the big day.

rosskarr

Looking forward to the Minor game on Sunday night.

redandblackareback

Meet your hero's tomorrow night in Parch Esler, any news on the minors for Sunday?

intheknowhow

Quote from: rosskarr on May 24, 2016, 12:18:16 PM
Looking forward to the Minor game on Sunday night.

Should be good. See where these bunch of lads are at