Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buglebhoy

Burren were a disgrace yesterday! with Ward the worst of them all! He ran about the pitch banging into people as hard as he could and for him not to have got sent off is beyond me! The punch on Pj was a clinker!

Ballyholland and Ballymartin was an excellent game, Ballyholland will be kicking themselves having been up 7 points at Half Time. i think they just took the foot off the pedal and were punished......badly!

Bacon

Any word on James? Longstone deserve to be in the final as they've played some great football all year. I'm glad the bully boy tactics didn't work for Burren.

Quote from: Colonel Cool on September 10, 2007, 07:38:21 AM
Gramham Clarke dislocated his should after 6/7 minutes and had to go off. I must say the reaction of a small section of the Portaferry support was a disgrace. The rivalry between Portaferry and Ballygalget is getting way out of hand.
What were they up to? I wasn't surprised by the Ballygalget win I always had them as favorites. Did Paul Braniff play any part in the game?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on September 10, 2007, 12:21:19 PM
Bridge v the Ford
Our 9 point victory probably flatters us a bit as Bryansford were on top possession wise for large parts of the game.  We just had too much power up front for them which made up for our deficiencies elsewhere on the park.  Congrats to Cathal 'geezer' Magee who must have been watching some Benny Coulter videos because his goal was very Bennyesque!

Fair play to you Aidan - we were very disappointed to be on the end of a 9 point defeat when we didnt deserve it - although Coulter is a class apart Bryansford management didnt seem to have a plan for him, young Toner was destroyed and should have been moved off him.
Is it true Benny is taking a year out next year to go travelling? If this is the case this will be your last final for a while - Mayobridge were a one man show on Saturday.

Figo

i hope james gets well and its nothing serious

but is everyone forgetting that this Down double all ireland medal winner wanted to transfer to Armagh a few years back and more recently wanted to part of a mangement team fronted by Grimley

DownHead

Burren were a complete disgrace. stone men only gave what they got and in most cases nothing at all. how that tube ward was'n sent of is  ??? !!! great for us to get to the final we deserved it!! burren should of shown more respect, just shows nelson munz tactics should be left on the drawing board!!

Bacon

Quote from: Figo on September 10, 2007, 12:59:00 PM
i hope james gets well and its nothing serious

but is everyone forgetting that this Down double all ireland medal winner wanted to transfer to Armagh a few years back and more recently wanted to part of a mangement team fronted by Grimley
Feck of back to Hogan Stand young Finnegan.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

goldenyears

ballyholland threw away a cast iron intermediate champ'ship appearance yesterday after being 7 points up at half time. notable incidents apart from attitude of "we are already in the final!";

joe murphy hitting crossbar, shane mulholland tapping an easy point into keeper's hands, then a worse miss with goal gaping, keeper did get fingers to it, but should have been buried. start of second half, murtagh missed easy free then opted to shoot on weaker bad foot instead of slipping it off to a runner on the shoulder.....

if those scores go in, the game is completely dead and is played out at a snail's pace....i guess then you could say ifs and buts, and your uncle's ur aunt etc etc.....

fair play to character of ballymartinl; changes worked well and cleaned harps out in midfield sector for all of second half

amallon

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on September 10, 2007, 12:54:15 PM
Is it true Benny is taking a year out next year to go travelling?  If this is the case this will be your last final for a while - Mayobridge were a one man show on Saturday.

Its the first I've heard of him taking a year out.  Its a bit harsh to say we were a one man team, Michael Walsh chipped over 4 points, Seamus Grant had another great game.  Granted if Benny hadn't been playing we'd have been in some trouble but we've shown against Rostrevor that we can perform with out other key men i.e. the two Sextons and Gavin Barry. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

So Oranageman, it seems it wasnt just me who thought Sean ward was a joke.

Townie

Was in Newry on Saturday night and thought the game was an absolute treat. 2 teams going really at it some great tackling, great scores and some great saves from both keepers. It was a thorougly entertaining game and it proves to alot of douters out there that there is still alot of talent in Down football.May i also note that the ref played his part aswell thought he was excellent.

behind the wire

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Square Ball

Down GAA Fixtures

Friday 14th September 6.30pm

O'Neills International Sportswear League

Div One

Liatroim v Mayobridge

Div Two

Downpatrick v Carryduff

Saturday 15th September

RFC Semi Finals

In An Riocht

2pm Burren v Kilcoo

3.30pm Rostrevor v Castlewellan

Saturday 15th September

Down Democrat JHC Final

2pm in Ballela

Warrenpoint v Bredagh HP Mc Cusker.

Monday 17th September

PRFC Semi Finals 6.15pm

In Ballyholland: Burren v Mayobridge

In Castlewellan: Clonduff v Downpatrick

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Aristotle Flynn

Can anybody who works get to a match for 6.15pm? I know I couldn't.

Good luck to the Point in the Junior Hurling Final. God knows the deserve a win after all the year of effort they've put in.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

goldenyears

Quote from: Townie on September 10, 2007, 08:19:33 PM
Was in Newry on Saturday night and thought the game was an absolute treat. 2 teams going really at it some great tackling, great scores and some great saves from both keepers. It was a thorougly entertaining game and it proves to alot of douters out there that there is still alot of talent in Down football.May i also note that the ref played his part aswell thought he was excellent.

but the senior match was crap right?? ;)

Bacon

Does anybody know for sure where and when the various championship finals are on? I was told today that the SHC and IHC would be played as a double header in Portaferry on 23rd Sept and that the JFC would be played as a double header with the SFC in Newry on 30th Sept. Is that right? What about the IFC final? Castlewellan would be the right venue.

SFC
Mayobridge v Longstone
30th Sept Newry

SHC
Ballycran v Ballygalget
23rd Sept Portaferry

IFC
Downpatrick v Ballymartin
???
IHC
Ballycran v Ballygalget
23rd Sept Portaferry