Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamFever

Hello,is there anyone out there?

johnneycool

Quote from: imagine on February 15, 2016, 08:28:12 PM
Quote from: No1 on February 15, 2016, 11:14:55 AM
Any lads over there looking to play football should be making Kilclief their first port of call! A few families send lads over to play juveniles but their first love is the small ball. It's a pity for us because we've had some smashing footballers over the years who finish up at minor to concentrate on senior hurling for their own clubs. Totally understandable but very frustrating!
St Pauls would be a better bet.No sailing involved.

Two things;
No1, would these lads be as welcome if you'd enough numbers to field without them and would Kilclief lads be prepared to sit on the sidelines whilst the blowins got their places?

Secondly,
  I think most of the lads who've ended up playing football have went to a club where they've friends from school playing there already rather than any great geographical thing.

Lecale Gael

very hard to commit to one code let alone two in the modern era

time - cost - quality would apply here
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

No1

JC, the lads would always be welcome and nobody sitting on the bench should be happy to be there no matter who has got "their" position. I would like to believe that it would lead to extra competition, more effort and raised standards. Wishful thinking perhaps! No doubt there would be some gubbing in the scenario you describe (from subs and subs Da's probably). It's a moot point though, we haven't been in the situation you describe since Mickey Breen was our best player! Agree that the fellas will go to the football club that their mate from school plays for. I've never quite worked out big Magic's Loughinisland connection though! ☺

Imagine, you lads have the pick of Bangor, Newtownards and the whole of East Belfast. We have the pick of a small village and 4 or 5 fields. Don't be so greedy!

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on February 18, 2016, 03:52:03 PM
JC, the lads would always be welcome and nobody sitting on the bench should be happy to be there no matter who has got "their" position. I would like to believe that it would lead to extra competition, more effort and raised standards. Wishful thinking perhaps! No doubt there would be some gubbing in the scenario you describe (from subs and subs Da's probably). It's a moot point though, we haven't been in the situation you describe since Mickey Breen was our best player! Agree that the fellas will go to the football club that their mate from school plays for. I've never quite worked out big Magic's Loughinisland connection though! ☺

Imagine, you lads have the pick of Bangor, Newtownards and the whole of East Belfast. We have the pick of a small village and 4 or 5 fields. Don't be so greedy!

Ha, not exactly hurling hotbeds, but we do have a few lads from St Pauls Holywood hurling for us and they're more than welcome as like you say we're lucky to have panels of 18 or 19 at juvenile from U12 up to Minor so everyone gets a run out.

Big Magic is Big Magic, anywhere there's a limelight, he's there!

imagine

Quote from: No1 on February 18, 2016, 03:52:03 PM

Also you must know a lot about the parish boundaries up here when you're including East Belfast.By the way I don't know what the next parish to St Pauls is. All Saints Tullycarnet or Newtownards Rd Rangers perhaps.

No1

JC, I was addressing Imagine not asking you to imagine, but it's great to hear you boys indulge in a bit player poaching also!

I wouldn't be too au fait with the parish boundaries Imagine but there must be a club in Tullycarnet because who else would own the Go Games posts at the side of the Hanwood 3G soccer pitch? ☺

imagine

Quote from: No1 on February 18, 2016, 05:34:06 PM
JC, I was addressing Imagine not asking you to imagine, but it's great to hear you boys indulge in a bit player poaching also!

I wouldn't be too au fait with the parish boundaries Imagine but there must be a club in Tullycarnet because who else would own the Go Games posts at the side of the Hanwood 3G soccer pitch? ☺
You're taking the proverbial p-ss here.You know fine well there is no GAA Club in Tullycarnet. I suppose you're going to say there may be a Club in Hillsborough or maybe there is one in Rathriland or maybe one in Ballynahinch or even one in Ballybeen or Dromore.

No1

FFS relax big lad, I was only having a bit craic. Wasn't joking about those posts though. Drumgath is only down the road from Rathfriland and Ballynahinch has a heap close by.

5 Sams

Quote from: imagine on February 18, 2016, 06:07:23 PM

You're taking the proverbial p-ss here.You know fine well there is no GAA Club in Tullycarnet. I suppose you're going to say there may be a Club in Hillsborough or maybe there is one in Rathriland or maybe one in Ballynahinch or even one in Ballybeen or Dromore.

Annaclone, Drumgath, Dromara, Darragh Cross, Drumaness, St Pauls.
The Aristocrat Years

imagine

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 18, 2016, 11:12:05 PM

Annaclone, Drumgath, Dromara, Darragh Cross, Drumaness, St Pauls.
Geography,distance and population mix wouldn't be your strong points.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

imagine

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 19, 2016, 02:09:47 AM
Brains wouldn't be yours.
More bad behaviour ahead for the Harps this season when even their keyboard men are
fighting already.Imbecile

johnneycool

Where's that Ron Burgundy meme when you need it?

knockitdown

Rathfriland is in Drumgath Parish......half the team are from the town